Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Daily Flat Racing Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SamuelP View Post
    They've revised the odds now and made my 7/2 bet a 13/8 shot. Poor form
    very poor that with them having the channon horse as their original fav. Wonder if they pay out the bigger odds for anyone who backed the original fav at 6/4

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
      very poor that with them having the channon horse as their original fav. Wonder if they pay out the bigger odds for anyone who backed the original fav at 6/4
      Never known them do that before
      They’ve done the same to me.
      Adjusted all bets from 7/2 to 13/8

Comment

• Not happy at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
          Never known them do that before
          They’ve done the same to me.
          Adjusted all bets from 7/2 to 13/8
          It clearly wasn't an odds error as they had installed 'their' favourite at 6/4. They were obviously racking up a liability they weren't happy with. Was going to go express my anger on their live chat but they're all useless anyhow and it wouldn't have got me anywhere. Frustrating to say the least

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
            It clearly wasn't an odds error as they had installed 'their' favourite at 6/4. They were obviously racking up a liability they weren't happy with. Was going to go express my anger on their live chat but they're all useless anyhow and it wouldn't have got me anywhere. Frustrating to say the least
            Yep,
            Although I personally jumped at the price, which shows it was wrong.
            It wasn't wrong wrong was it ?
            They had a 2 year old, from a relatively small yard, travelling to France against previous winners and unbeaten horses, stepping into a higher grade, and he was second favourite.
            It's not as if they'd priced him 50-1 or priced Enable for the King George at 7-2 ?? (they'd be much more palpable).

It worries me if they can do this type of thing.

Comment

• Forecast: Evens Cairn Gorm , 3/1 Mighty Gurkha , 5/1 Axdavali , 6/1 Prince Lancelot , 8/1 Jubilation , 11/1 Lagoken , 13/1 Winvalchope

At the races forecast prices weren't far off B365's either.
              Lazy twats probably copied and got their fingers burned.

Comment

• Hi all - first post here for me! Same has happened to me before I came across the most recent posts. Backed MG at 7/2 and checked this morning to see bets revised at 13/8...frustrating - let’s hope it’s a winner either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Overturn View Post
                  Hi all - first post here for me! Same has happened to me before I came across the most recent posts. Backed MG at 7/2 and checked this morning to see bets revised at 13/8...frustrating - let’s hope it’s a winner either way.
                  Looks suspiciously like an odds compiler has wanted to get off early and copied ATR's forecast.
                  They had the prices up for a while as well (at least 45 minutes and probably longer)
                  It is very stinky business to change ever single bet back to 13/8, and not just the individual abnormally larger ones.

Comment

• I don't understand how they're allowed to do this?I've never heard of this happening before. Many people would have placed a bet at 7-2 but wouldnt have touched it at 13-8

Comment

• Is the cashout 100%?

Comment

• yep..........

Comment

• Quit your whinging then all of you

I wonder what their definition of palpable is.... 7/2 to 13/8 is quite a significant change however it's a market move you'd see organically almost daily?

I'd also be feeling very annoyed at that as a reason... surely their liability can't be that bad .... you'd think they'd honour it really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Quit your whinging then all of you

I wonder what their definition of palpable is.... 7/2 to 13/8 is quite a significant change however it's a market move you'd see organically almost daily?

I'd also be feeling very annoyed at that as a reason... surely their liability can't be that bad .... you'd think they'd honour it really.
                            A worrying precedent for many reasons.

Comment

• Taken 7/4 (uniboost) about Yiber in the 12:35 at Sandown

His 3rd run, everything else (at less than 80/1) is having their first run and I expect him to make his experience count.

Also, none of them have fancy entries from this maiden.
                              Last edited by Kevloaf; 2 August 2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• WE should ALL smash into Cairn Gorm.
                                Crash the price.

Let Gurkha get pushed out.
                                Then Back that with the cash out proceeds from the Cairn Gorm bets.

Obviously Cairn Gorm will then bolt up

Comment

Working...
                                X