Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran like a trial, slow as fuck.
    Frankie will regret not going on to lead early.
    Unsatisfactory week capped off really.

Comment

• Well done Nortonscoin with Gold trip

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
        1 Enable
        2 Sottsass
        3 ?

Enable was fortunate two years ago, couldn't see off an ordinary field last year and it would be a real dent if she can't beat an even worse field this year.
        A sad ending.

Turned into a mile and a quarter race and I think that cost In Swoop the race. He is essentially a stayer and didn't have the initial pace of the winner. Shocking ride by Guyon on Raabihah. Jumped in a good position and should have gone forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormy Antarctic View Post
          Well done Nortonscoin with Gold trip
          Cheers Stormy - 2 furlongs out I thought he was gonna win.

Comment

• Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
            Cheers Stormy - 2 furlongs out I thought he was gonna win.
            I thought so too. Persian King was ridden to suit himself. To try and use a turn of foot off of his own slow pace. Can’t really blame the jockey for that. We’d all do the same. Big owners like prince khalid and hamdan should enter a pacemaker in there if there’s going to be a risk of a race being run like that.

On a separate note, One master is also trying to win the foret treble which seems to have gone unnoticed. Hopefully the day will improve for us Brits

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
              A sad ending.

Turned into a mile and a quarter race and I think that cost In Swoop the race. He is essentially a stayer and didn't have the initial pace of the winner. Shocking ride by Guyon on Raabihah. Jumped in a good position and should have gone forward.
              Agreed KB. The lack of O'Brien runners probably cost In Swoop

Comment

• The Arc looked a bit of a farce.

Slowly run and they only managed to run down the miler in the last furlong, when his stamina tapped out.

Raabihah looked to get her nose shoved into the backsides of the wall of horses, then dragged out wide.
                When will a jockey actually give her a good ride.
                Sure to be kept in training to pick up a Group 1 next season.

AOB losing 5 runners, and about a third of the field in the last three days is a shocker.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• On Thursday (I think? I was eating noodles which would be Thursday as it was my office day last week) I saw Tony Calvin make a very good case for Sotsass at 20 odd. I'll get on that I thought. Was only reminded of so when Love got pulled, by which time he was 9s and so annoyed with missing the price, I left the race completely.

I know we need cool hard heads, but sometimes you have to strike when the iron is hot!

Comment

Working...
                  X