Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Professional Fat Jockey Saxon Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Excellent, thanks SW.

Very pleased to have her onside.

I might take the 20/1 being dangled for Stradiavarius.... seems pretty obvious that's where they're going now, 14/1 everywhere else that I consider bookmakers.

Then again, he's got no chance of going off really short has he, unless Enable got injured and Frankie was on or something uncontrollable.
    I would look at Stradivarius's Arc bid from the question:- How is the Arc going to be run that gives Stradivarius his best chance of winning?

- He cant play a hold-up race, over 12F surely? - and hope for the gaps to come and him to quicken through them

- Has he enough pace to be handy early on, (after the traditional charge from the gates for position) and then to take the lead and grind it out in the straight?

Given the track layout and the rhythm of the Arc, with horses pushed to get a position at the start, then relaxed ready for a move entering the straight, I'm struggling to see the way the race would be run that would see him win, at the moment. The Prix Foy will reveal more - probably.
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 2nd August 2020 at 10:54 PM.

Professional Fat Jockey jack1092's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Apologies Jack, missed this post!

You made any changes?

Mine is currently:

Live: 10.2 pts

20/1 - Love (1.25 pt e/w)
    25/1 - Ghiayyath (1 pt e/w)
    33/1 - Raabihah (1 pt e/w)
    22/1 and 40/1 - Japan (1 pt e/w and 0.5 pt e/w)
    181/1 - Fleeting (0.7pts)

Cashed out total: -0.6pts
    English King
    Frankly Darling
    Mogul
    Russian Emperor
    *Enable (+)
    No i haven't changed anything, in fact, after doing the book i forgot about it until Raabihah won ran yesterday.

She looks very good and happy to have her onside.

I sort of knew Franconia was a massive long shot, the chances of her rocking up were marginal to say the least.

With Love likely to go here, Peaceful is also a massive longshot, but her form is still looking good, and by Galileo, who knows!?

i have to admit, there isn't anything that catches the eye at the prices now? Stradivarius, he's not priced too big for me anyway.

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
    I would look at Stradivarius's Arc bid from the question:- How is thee Arc going to be run that gives Stradivarius his best chance of winning?

- He cant play a hold-up race, over 12F surely, and hope for the gaps to come and him to quicken through them
    - Has he enough pace to be handy early on, and then to take the lead and grind it out in the straight?

Given the track layout and the rhythm of the Arc, with horses pushed to get a position at the start, then relaxed, I'm struggling to see the way the race would be run that would see him win, at the moment. The Prix Foy will reveal more - probably.
    Yeah I think that's a fair assessment. I think the jockey booking would be important for him, it could make a big difference to how he's ridden.

I don't feel like he'd be outpaced but then the Coronation Cup doesn't back that up. He was outpaced and stayed on well-ish. That could have been race fitness though?

20/1 hasn't made me pull the trigger. I just wonder what price he'd be on the day... a multiple group 1 winner.

Pfft, nah, it's just not happening is it.

Professional Fat Jockey kinloch brae's Avatar
    If I owned Raabihah I would be sorting something out to make sure there is pace in both the Vermeille and the Arc. The last thing she wants is to be tanking out wide again. Far too often these days races are wrecked by a big dust up to get to front and then someone just sets a crawl. Love, Enable and Stradivarius are not going to set a pace and even if Ghaiyyath turned up I suspect he would try and stack them up rather than go a proper pace.