Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe 2020

Start this one off early......

The Japanese Derby winner looks a little special - today's victory looked effortless. He's still available at 16/1 which I find really surprising as surely all roads will lead to the Arc.

1pt ew Contrail 16/1

What am I missing here....Paddy Power are still 20/1 so had a 0.5pt with them, boosted to 22/1.

I can't believe the price!

Comment

Well that was short lived and explains the price

Contrail owner, Mr Maeda said that Contrail will not go overseas(Arc) in this year. Next target will be JPN St Leger (triple crown).

Comment

Haven’t given flat racing a thought for months so I’m sure there’s an obvious explanation but why is the second coming, that is Pinatubo, still 33/1 for this ?

Comment

Not sure he'll stay the mile and a half Ista - might be one with having in the betslip while the 2000G is being run.

Still can't quite believe they won't bring Contrail over this season. It'd be a huge missed opportunity given they'd be receiving the 3 year old allowance, which proves to be so valuable. Hope they have a change of heart once they've slept on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            Not sure he'll stay the mile and a half Ista - might be one with having in the betslip while the 2000G is being run.

Still can't quite believe they won't bring Contrail over this season. It'd be a huge missed opportunity given they'd be receiving the 3 year old allowance, which proves to be so valuable. Hope they have a change of heart once they've slept on it.
            I’m sure I read somewhere in here that his Guinneas performance will determine whether he goes for the Derby, so if he stays the mile really well and they confirm his Derby participation what price does his Arc price become, 4/1 ?
            Looks worth a 33/1 poke to me...

Comment

Crucially has already proved a liking for soft ground too...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                I’m sure I read somewhere in here that his Guinneas performance will determine whether he goes for the Derby, so if he stays the mile really well and they confirm his Derby participation what price does his Arc price become, 4/1 ?
                Looks worth a 33/1 poke to me...
                I get the impression that he’ll only be stepped up in trip if he gets beaten in the Guineas Ista.

If Contrail isn’t going this year, perhaps the connections of Daring Tact will be tempted? Equally as impressive in the second leg of her triple crown bid IMO and would get the girls allowance as well as the 3 year old one? Only 2 weeks between Jap third leg and Arc for the fillies tho.

At the prices the other one I like at this stage is Sottsass... clearly needed the run first time up and will have this as it’s main aim this season.

Comment

I'd love to see Logician go for it but must be doubtful when connections have Enable

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    I'd love to see Logician go for it but must be doubtful when connections have Enable
                    Logician just popped into my head and I came on to ask if anybody has heard where he's up to?

16/1 a price I'd take.

6/1 for Enable isn't exactly unfair, as an each way bet anyway.... hard to push her out of the frame unless she's dropped off a cliff and if she has she'd be retired before lining up perhaps?

Comment

I think i heard Teddy say he's working away + will be out soon, but i could be wrong. This was in an ATR interview when he was uber positive on Jubiloso!

Not sure i'd rave about his form from last year while he won easy enough? If he had went maybe last year getting a 3yo allowance i'd have been more interested, but now i'll be waiting to see some of the 3yo's possibly the fillies. Liked the French of Hamdans Raabihah or something- still has to prove she's good enough though.

Comment

I've had a speculative bet on Fleeting at 180.0 for this.

Runs tomorrow over 1m2f and will most likely be swotted aside by Magical, but hopefully they go back up in trip afterwards. Things not fallen quite right for her yet, keeps getting beaten by Star Catcher, but been unlucky on more than one occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Logician just popped into my head and I came on to ask if anybody has heard where he's up to?

16/1 a price I'd take.

6/1 for Enable isn't exactly unfair, as an each way bet anyway.... hard to push her out of the frame unless she's dropped off a cliff and if she has she'd be retired before lining up perhaps?
                          It will be very interesting to see how Enable Copes with Ghaiyyth at the eclipse in Sandown 5th July. I think she might get beat by him if the ground come up quick, Shes 6 now I believe so might be getting on a bit now. I like Ghaiyyth but he looks like he defo needs good/firm ground.

Ghaiyyth currently 3/1 for the eclipse which doesnt look at bad bet, i think he has a tremendous chance! Enable may get pushed out a few points if she looses that battle (which i think she will)

Comment

While a 6yo is older than average on the flat, that's because thoroughbreds are rushed off to the breeding sheds obscenely early. It's been a long standing view that I'd ban racing of 2yos (baby battering) and have 4yo as the classic generation.

In reality, at 6 Enable is just coming in to her prime physically. She may have lost a little speed, and the Eclipse will potentially be more difficult for her because of that, but the main challenge for Gosden this season will be keeping her sharp mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                              While a 6yo is older than average on the flat, that's because thoroughbreds are rushed off to the breeding sheds obscenely early. It's been a long standing view that I'd ban racing of 2yos (baby battering) and have 4yo as the classic generation.

In reality, at 6 Enable is just coming in to her prime physically. She may have lost a little speed, and the Eclipse will potentially be more difficult for her because of that, but the main challenge for Gosden this season will be keeping her sharp mentally.
                              yeah im with you on that , If she is going to get beat it would be over 10f against a strong head like ghaiyyth on quick ground . I think gyaiyyth is a great bet for the eclipse and he may well head to the arc after that but the ground never suits him that time of year. Probably not the place to be discussing the eclipse but I really cant see ghiayyth getting beat if hes recovered from the newmarket race and could just gallop the legs of her, ive just watched a dettori intrview which almost makes me like ghiaytth chances even more ...

Enable talk is from 6mins
                              At The Races – Digital partner to Sky Sports Racing. Get horse racing news, video replays, racecards, results, form, tips, features and odds comparison.
                              Last edited by 7barrows; 27 June 2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X