Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Horses who missed/skipped Cheltenham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
    Grand sancy. Bit of a funny season last year in how he was campaigned. I thought he would make a better chaser than hurdler but still has some work to do.
    Could say the same thing about Getaway Trump

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
      Could say the same thing about Getaway Trump
      In fairness GT's chase form doesn't look that bad now !
      Last edited by Lobos; 30 May 2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to see what Glynn does this year. Already backed any race for the fest 2021

Comment

Fire Attack, JOB/Gigginstown bumper horse. Not sure he was ever going to run in the champion bumper, but loved his 2 runs (one win one defeat) and very much looking forward to him in novice hurdles.

Comment

Originally posted by OverTheLast View Post
            Fire Attack, JOB/Gigginstown bumper horse. Not sure he was ever going to run in the champion bumper, but loved his 2 runs (one win one defeat) and very much looking forward to him in novice hurdles.
            JOB seemed to receive the better batch of Gigginstown bumper horses last season. It will be interesting to see if he can fulfil their potential over hurdles. Uhtred is my personal favourite but he also has Eric Bloodaxe, Fire Attack and Forged In Fire too.

Comment

I would be interested in seeing Energumene back in action. Hosed up in a poor enough race in Gowran same day as Bob Olinger won I think. Was a big talking horse in the one jump ahead books, be interesting to see where he goes

Comment

Originally posted by SizingJohn View Post
                I would be interested in seeing Energumene back in action. Hosed up in a poor enough race in Gowran same day as Bob Olinger won I think. Was a big talking horse in the one jump ahead books, be interesting to see where he goes
                Could be a lively one over fences still. Obviously closely related to Un De Sceaux, that said so were/are 7 other horses that haven't amounted to much, although many lightly raced, and not trained by the master of Closutton.

Definitely an interesting one for sure.

Comment

Has Tony Bloom owned a horse that's gone over fences yet?

Coincedence I'm sure but I can't think of those colours over big obstacles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Has Tony Bloom owned a horse that's gone over fences yet?

Coincedence I'm sure but I can't think of those colours over big obstacles.
                    No top horses no, but then again, to date he's only had one top horse, in Penhill (from the NH sphere).

He's had a couple with Neil Mulholland who went over fences in England I believe. Energumene would be his first with WPM to do so, although don't think he's had many with Willie over the years anyway, 3, possibly 4 I can think of.
                    Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 5 June 2020, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      No top horses no, but then again, to date he's only had one top horse, in Penhill (from the NH sphere).
                      Stratum is a decent horse, is set up for a big handicap plot at a festival in the next 10 months.

Bloomys horses are generally flat only or duel purpose so unlikely to see a fence, I would guess if they are going over fences their flat career is done and they're probably not that great (anymore)...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                        Stratum is a decent horse, is set up for a big handicap plot at a festival in the next 10 months.

Bloomys horses are generally flat only or duel purpose so unlikely to see a fence, I would guess if they are going over fences their flat career is done and they're probably not that great (anymore)...
                        Stratum is just that, a handicapper, with a likely plot like you said. Penhill was G1. Big difference in level for me.

I wouldn't worry about Energumene and a flat career, he came from the PTP sphere (won his only start) with a NH Pedigree.

He could well just end up a handicapper himself, but at this stage he remains of interest for me.
                        Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 5 June 2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Stratum is just that, a handicapper, with a likely plot like you said. Penhill was G1. Big difference in level for me.

I wouldn't worry about Energumene and a flat career, he came from the PTP sphere (won his only start) with a NH Pedigree.

He could well just end up a handicapper himself, but at this stage he remains of interest for me.
                          Saint Roi just won a handicap and apparently wins the champion hurdle next year.
                          But I take your point...

Comment

Saint Roi just won a handicap and apparently wins the champion hurdle next year.
                            But I take your point...
                            Not in my eyes Ista

Comment

Yeh he's one I had in mind for the NH chase. He's lost his Novice hurdling status now. Although they did expect to go to punchestown before going chasing. So I assume chasing remains the plan
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

But I take your point...
                                Not in my eyes Ista
                                Very provocative chaps

Shots fired!

Comment

Working...
                                X