Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Horses who missed/skipped Cheltenham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
    Calm down fella, let him actually jump a hurdle in public first
    Nicer put that I had drafted out.

Has Rip Van Winkle had many jumpers

I remember backing Rip Van Winkle to win the Breeders Cup (2/1f) in a double with Valuev to beat David Haye on the same night.

Not my best double as Haye got a points win and I realised Zenyatta is unreal!

Comment

Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
      Calm down fella, let him actually jump a hurdle in public first
      Just putting it out there as a few were mentioning him. Wouldn't dream of backing him, let alone for the Churdle. That said , they said the same about Alderbrook before he won at Wincanton.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Nicer put that I had drafted out.

Has Rip Van Winkle had many jumpers

I remember backing Rip Van Winkle to win the Breeders Cup (2/1f) in a double with Valuev to beat David Haye on the same night.

Not my best double as Haye got a points win and I realised Zenyatta is unreal!

I'm talking bollocks again....
        Last edited by Lobos; 23 June 2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Any of you 'in the know' people out there have any update on Phoenix Way who bailed out a day before he should have gone off fav for Pertempts. Cost me a couple of pounds .

Comment

I thought while it's still relatively fresh in our heads, I'd bump this thread so we can start listing the horses we may want to consider for next season that missed the Festival either through injury or design.

I'll kick off with a few

Energumene
            Sir Drogo
            Ferny Hollow
            Benie Des Dieux
            The Big Getaway
            Altior
            Saint Roi
            Aramon
            Topofthegame
            Klassical Dream

A cursory glance at the ones listed last year suggests we could be compiling a list of horses to avoid though!
            Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Farouk D'Alene
              Shewearsitwell
              Monmiral
              Castlebawn West
              Ajas
              Monalee

Comment

Thyme Hill
                Elixir D'ainay
                Defi Du Seuil
                Five O'Clock

Comment

Has anyone mentioned Column of fire yet?

Comment

Run Wild Fred has to be on everyone’s shortlist for the NH Chase surely....

Comment

Some incredibly talented horses in those lists. Of the ones mentioned, The Big Getaway, Shewearsitwell and Farouk d'Alene are those that interest me. Have already backed the first two and have a race in mind for the third. Just proves though how fragile they are and how very lucky we all were to make such hefty profits this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                        Some incredibly talented horses in those lists. Of the ones mentioned, The Big Getaway, Shewearsitwell and Farouk d'Alene are those that interest me. Have already backed the first two and have a race in mind for the third. Just proves though how fragile they are and how very lucky we all were to make such hefty profits this year.
                        The Big Getaway you thinking will be aimed at the GC? Got him in a couple of speculative doubles already for it...

Comment

Originally posted by MadeinJapan View Post

The Big Getaway you thinking will be aimed at the GC? Got him in a couple of speculative doubles already for it...
                          Possibly but I'd be keener on the Ryanair myself given that they thought he had the speed over 2 1/2 to put it up to Envoi. Would potentially be the easier option given the strength (on paper) of the GC next year. Obviously it would be nice to see him back on a racecourse in one piece first though. He doesn't take much racing because of his size so don't expect to see him that often. Maybe one prep race around Christmas and then Cheltenham perhaps. Plenty of time to get him on board.

Comment

That looks a much more talented bunch that those that missed the Festival last year. There are five or six horses amongst them that I like a lot.
                            Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Possibly but I'd be keener on the Ryanair myself given that they thought he had the speed over 2 1/2 to put it up to Envoi. Would potentially be the easier option given the strength (on paper) of the GC next year. Obviously it would be nice to see him back on a racecourse in one piece first though. He doesn't take much racing because of his size so don't expect to see him that often. Maybe one prep race around Christmas and then Cheltenham perhaps. Plenty of time to get him on board.
                              He’s definitely of interest to me wherever he goes - will keep any eye out on when he reappears and at what distance

Comment

Farouk d'Alene is one that is enormously tempting to get onside, but it's hard to ignore the fact he's missed 2 festivals already.
                                Altior I have a feeling will get retired before March.
                                Has there been much word since about Ferny Hollow? He's obviously the most fascinating one.

Comment

Working...
                                X