Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Irish Guineas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Yet to play my hand in today's race, may leave it late, but best of luck to those who are on
    Done some limited research, all 20 minutes of it and have landed on Vatican City and Sinawann, though to state the bleeding obvious, Siskin could be anything over this distance also!

Will back the other two E/W against the field though, 8/1 and 14/1.

Comment

Thought Siskin looked excellent there

Comment

Done some limited research, all 20 minutes of it and have landed on Vatican City and Sinawann, though to state the bleeding obvious, Siskin could be anything over this distance also!

Will back the other two E/W against the field though, 8/1 and 14/1.
        Vatican City Out to 14's too!

So unlucky, got boxed in, can blame the jock a little, would love a rematch for sure.

Comment

Really good from Siskin and a great ride from Keane. That was some turn of foot.

Comment

Probably would be disqualified in France despite being clearly the best horse.

Vatican City ran a fair Derby trial.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
              Probably would be disqualified in France despite being clearly the best horse.

Vatican City ran a fair Derby trial.
              Not sure I'd fancy him as much over 1m 4f tbh archie. Today was the day. His dam has produced some brilliant progeny, something which made me back him today but I think 1m 2f would be the limit myself.

Comment

Not sure I'd fancy him as much over 1m 4f tbh archie. Today was the day. His dam has produced some brilliant progeny, something which made me back him today but I think 1m 2f would be the limit myself.
                The most recent full brother, Taj Mahal, got 12 furlongs ok. It looked to me that he was only just getting going.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                  The most recent full brother, Taj Mahal, got 12 furlongs ok. It looked to me that he was only just getting going.
                  It's because he couldn't get going any earlier, due to traffic issues.

Taj Mahal didn't win beyond 7f for Aiden though. Had to move to Australia and drop in grade to hit 1m 4f.

Marvellous had a crack at the Derby after winning the Irish 1k Guineas but failed to make the frame though started the race as fav.

Comment

It's because he couldn't get going any earlier, due to traffic issues.

Taj Mahal didn't win beyond 7f for Aiden though. Had to move to Australia and drop in grade to hit 1m 4f.

Marvellous had a crack at the Derby after winning the Irish 1k Guineas but failed to make the frame though started the race as fav.
                    Agree with you COD- wouldn't imagine VC will be going for Derbys. He shaped lovely though and probably would be ok over 10f as well.

Comment

Aidan O’Brien could look to Epsom with both Love and Peaceful, winners of the English and Irish 1000 Guineas respectively.

Comment

I see the French Derby mentioned, that would make more sense distance wise i'd have though, probably more like to be kept for Irish Derby given the circumstances. Pedigree wouldn't suggest 1m4 from a mile straight away, but given the year it is, they might just do it.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                          I see the French Derby mentioned, that would make more sense distance wise i'd have though, probably more like to be kept for Irish Derby given the circumstances. Pedigree wouldn't suggest 1m4 from a mile straight away, but given the year it is, they might just do it.
                          Well he's scratched and the Irish Derby seems a poor enough renewal.

Comment

From the RP:
                            "There was also news from the Tipperary base on Thursday morning regarding the Ballydoyle contenders for the Investec Derby on Saturday week, with Royal Ascot scorer Russian Emperor set to be joined by Mogul, who disappointed at the same meeting, as well as Irish 2,000 Guineas second Vatican City."

Comment

Working...
                            X