Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

*** Please Register - Introduce yourself and get involved ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, good man 'Ray' for taking the time to do that.

Comment

Hi all , I have been in and out of this forum this last few months and I decided to take the plunge and join up . I am big NH man and I a member of Cheltenham racecourse . I was involved with the late Supreme Racing Club and they did give me good days out . I still am involved with horse that was with Supreme . I am also involved in a racing club in Willie Mullins yard to . My favorite horse of all time is Hurricane Fly a magnificent animal . I hope I can add some input to some of the discussion and I look forward to some good debates .

Comment

Welcome BG. I think that makes 4 (or more?) ex-SHR.

Comment

Thanks archie . We should write a book with the stories we could tell !

Comment

Originally posted by BlueGrattan View Post
            Hi all , I have been in and out of this forum this last few months and I decided to take the plunge and join up . I am big NH man and I a member of Cheltenham racecourse . I was involved with the late Supreme Racing Club and they did give me good days out . I still am involved with horse that was with Supreme . I am also involved in a racing club in Willie Mullins yard to . My favorite horse of all time is Hurricane Fly a magnificent animal . I hope I can add some input to some of the discussion and I look forward to some good debates .
            Welcome to the forum BG

Get stuck in.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueGrattan View Post
              Anyone with insight into Willie's battalion is more than welcome on here !

Comment

Hi all, enjoy reading everyones thoughts on the various threads. I'm a relatively small stakes man & most of my ante-post betting revolves round the Festival but one policy I've never used but can see is practised by some members is to boost their ante-post books by combining their Festival selections with another unrelated event (one regularly used I've seen is Trump to win the US election). Whilst I can see the benefits I'm intrigued as to how you would react if the first part loses - just take it on the chin & re-bet the horse? Do you when placing the original bet back your ante-post horse singly as well to cover the potential loss of the double (& as such missing the earlier ante-post price)? Would be interested to receive any thoughts and advice! Good luck all.

Comment

Originally posted by Platty View Post
                  Hi all, enjoy reading everyones thoughts on the various threads. I'm a relatively small stakes man & most of my ante-post betting revolves round the Festival but one policy I've never used but can see is practised by some members is to boost their ante-post books by combining their Festival selections with another unrelated event (one regularly used I've seen is Trump to win the US election). Whilst I can see the benefits I'm intrigued as to how you would react if the first part loses - just take it on the chin & re-bet the horse? Do you when placing the original bet back your ante-post horse singly as well to cover the potential loss of the double (& as such missing the earlier ante-post price)? Would be interested to receive any thoughts and advice! Good luck all.
                  Good morning

Best place to ask that question is probably here please....

Reflecting on the 2020 Cheltenham Festival and building up towards 2021. Threads on all major races including Gold Cup, Queen Mother and Champion Hurdle. Share early Cheltenham Festival Tips and check out our preview night reports.

Comment

Thanks Kev

Comment

New members....

Don't be shy, introduce yourselfs properly

Comment

Hi All,

I'm Stuart, new to this forum and new to posting in any forums at all! Big fan of NH racing but enjoy the flat as well.

Like everybody I love the festival and have always made it a thing to have a few bets on for it and have a ritual to go out with the lads for the GC-have been doing that for about the last 20 years. Although, not last year as I attended the festival for the first time. Went for the Thursday and the Friday and had a great experience! Did lose my sense of smell and taste the week after but don't want to say too much about that ;-) (the lads in the van that I travelled back to Scotland with were fine though).

I'm a small time gambler. Probably my best ever win was 600pts from a 0.5pt e/w lucky 15 where none of my selections actually won! ( I have no idea if I've put that right in terms of points). I started doing more AP betting for Cheltenham last year and managed to get a few winners and make it pay for the trip. Discovered this site before that trip and used some of you guys' great knowledge so thanks for that- I'll buy yous a beer if our paths ever cross.

Know a couple of members on here personally and hope I'll be able to contribute in a small way.

Cheers.

Comment

Welcome, thanks for joining and well done on finding the avatar request thread all by yourself

Who is in this gang of people you know in real life? I feel outnumbered

Comment

Originally posted by Stubbsy View Post
                            Hi All,

I'm Stuart, new to this forum and new to posting in any forums at all! Big fan of NH racing but enjoy the flat as well.

Like everybody I love the festival and have always made it a thing to have a few bets on for it and have a ritual to go out with the lads for the GC-have been doing that for about the last 20 years. Although, not last year as I attended the festival for the first time. Went for the Thursday and the Friday and had a great experience! Did lose my sense of smell and taste the week after but don't want to say too much about that ;-) (the lads in the van that I travelled back to Scotland with were fine though).

I'm a small time gambler. Probably my best ever win was 600pts from a 0.5pt e/w lucky 15 where none of my selections actually won! ( I have no idea if I've put that right in terms of points). I started doing more AP betting for Cheltenham last year and managed to get a few winners and make it pay for the trip. Discovered this site before that trip and used some of you guys' great knowledge so thanks for that- I'll buy yous a beer if our paths ever cross.

Know a couple of members on here personally and hope I'll be able to contribute in a small way.

Cheers.
                            About time Stubbsy! Good to see you’ve signed up

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Welcome, thanks for joining and well done on finding the avatar request thread all by yourself

Who is in this gang of people you know in real life? I feel outnumbered
                              Haha not so much a gang Kev.......we can expand though

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                                Haha not so much a gang Kev.......we can expand though
                                Was just about to say...not much of a gang

Comment

Working...
                                X