Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archie View Post
    She's 14/1 for the Mares Chase because they know that, at this moment in time, the plan is not that race.
    Spot on Archie. They will probably make the final decision as close to the final decs as possible. With all three of the Mares Hurdle, Mares Chase, and Stayers Hurdle genuinely in play. And as Lobos says where Honeysuckle goes will definitely have a bearing on it, whether they choose to admit it or not.
    Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
      Spot on Archie. They will probably make the final decision as close to the final decs as possible. With all three of the Mares Hurdle, Mares Chase, and Stayers Hurdle genuinely in play. And as Lobos says where Honeysuckle goes will definitely have a bearing on it, whether they choose to admit it or not.
      Anyone who is confident that Benie goes for the Chase has good value at 14/1 but, for me, the fact that PP are offering this price and only 6/1 Salsaretta, tells you all you need to know about intentions as of today.

Comment

She's 14/1 for the Mares Chase because they know that, at this moment in time, the plan is not that race.
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Anyone who is confident that Benie goes for the Chase has good value at 14/1 but, for me, the fact that PP are offering this price and only 6/1 Salsaretta, tells you all you need to know about intentions as of today.
          Probably.

But I’m not prepared to let a specific bookmaker being best price detract from the fact that at 14/1, shes a 6/4 shot if turning up on the day with the race definitely an option.

Comment

• They were shortest price on Black Hercules to win the NH Chase until they slashed him for the JLT and then pushed him out in the NH Chase and that was a few weeks before ...

So archie is absolutely right, in that it is definitely NOT the plan right now.

Anticipating a switch is hard to get right, there are some good theories and reasons as to why they would, but I can't bring myself to back with cash.

I believe that's what free bets are for.

*I have actually backed Honeysuckle / Benie with cash but that will be it
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 8 August 2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              I believe that's what free bets are for.
              That's spot on.

Comment

• There's no risk with the Mares Chase theory right up until final decs for the Mares Hurdle.

Everyone knows that she could still go there despite running over hurdles during the season. As long as you have cash out it surely makes sense to have her onside for the race, particularly at the price. She will undoubtedly be much shorter as we get nearer.

And as I've said previously they will be seriously tempted to go that way as it's the easiest race, to win the inaugural running, to add breeding value, and to avoid Honeysuckle.
                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• That’s a fair point Spectre but I’m sure I’m not alone in not having cashout facility.
                  Less of an issue when the exchanges have sufficient liquidity but that’s never the case in July/August sadly

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    That’s a fair point Spectre but I’m sure I’m not alone in not having cashout facility.
                    Less of an issue when the exchanges have sufficient liquidity but that’s never the case in July/August sadly
                    With or without cashout every punter should be having a little bit on Benie at 14/1 for the Mares Chase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                      With or without cashout every punter should be having a little bit on Benie at 14/1 for the Mares Chase.
                      False.

This is bad advice.

Comment

False.

This is bad advice.
                        IMO........lol !

Comment

• With online accounts, if you open one and leave it dormant, do they still give you free bets ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                            IMO........lol !

Thats the one

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                            With online accounts, if you open one and leave it dormant, do they still give you free bets ?
                            Sky opt you out if you don't qualify for a week or twow eeks or something like that.

I don't think any give you free bets for just having the account though, I think you need to be using them to 'qualify' in most cases.

Comment

Thats the one

Sky opt you out if you don't qualify for a week or twow eeks or something like that.

I don't think any give you free bets for just having the account though, I think you need to be using them to 'qualify' in most cases.
                              Thanks. So not 'free' bets as such but just a little 'thank you for betting with us' credit now and again.

Comment

• Yeah you only get free bets when you open an account, most of them only needing to deposit £10.

As Kev says you need to be betting to qualify, surely you know nothing is for free these days Lobos

Comment

Working...
                                X