Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
    Yeah you only get free bets when you open an account, most of them only needing to deposit £10.

As Kev says you need to be betting to qualify, surely you know nothing is for free these days Lobos
    Sorry, just me being playful. Even betting with 'free' money on Benie at 14/1 is bad advice.

Comment

• With both Honey and Benie unlikely to run in the Mares Chase, I'd appreciate thoughts on Shattered Love and Maire Banrigh who both seem overpriced to me in view of those in front of them in betting. SL is a previous Fez winner and MB was travelling well when falling late on in the Arkle .

Comment

• Maire Banrigh is injured and 50/50 to run again I believe. I found out having just backed her myself for this race last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
          Sorry, just me being playful. Even betting with 'free' money on Benie at 14/1 is bad advice.

It is more 'any tip you give is bad advice'

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
            Maire Banrigh is injured and 50/50 to run again I believe. I found out having just backed her myself for this race last month.
            50/50 is a more positive outlook than I'd read at first...

Comment

With both Honey and Benie unlikely to run in the Mares Chase, I'd appreciate thoughts on Shattered Love and Maire Banrigh who both seem overpriced to me in view of those in front of them in betting. SL is a previous Fez winner and MB was travelling well when falling late on in the Arkle .
              I like Shattered Love.

I got absolutely jumped on when I put her up for the Ryanair 33/1 NRNB by callhimgamblor, ray and hurricane fly.

She finished a walloped 6th haha

I do like her, but 10 next year, and only glimpses of form showing she retains that level of ability?
              25/1 isn't bad but I don't think there is any need at all to get her backed early. She won't have a sexy profile going in to the season.

Comment

• I’ve already backed Shattered Love for the race Lobos. Her and Happy Diva look obvious value.
                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                  Maire Banrigh is injured and 50/50 to run again I believe. I found out having just backed her myself for this race last month.
                  Wasn't aware of that. Scratch her then.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                    I’ve already backed Shattered Love for the race Lobos. Her and Happy Diva look obvious value.
                    I think I'll get both those onboard. Happy Diva has a sensational Cheltenham record. Can't ignore that. Cheers guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      50/50 is a more positive outlook than I'd read at first...
                      i do a bit of business with DS, he doesn't tell you very much, next to nothing in fact ! i asked specifically about Maire Banrigh just this week, he told me she had been retired.

I'm fairly certain he would have no reason to lie

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                        There's no risk with the Mares Chase theory right up until final decs for the Mares Hurdle.

Everyone knows that she could still go there despite running over hurdles during the season. As long as you have cash out it surely makes sense to have her onside for the race, particularly at the price. She will undoubtedly be much shorter as we get nearer.

And as I've said previously they will be seriously tempted to go that way as it's the easiest race, to win the inaugural running, to add breeding value, and to avoid Honeysuckle.
                        Paddy Power and Betfair withdraw Cashout on antepost bets well before the Festival, one about a month before, the other just prior to NRNB, so if cashout is a plan you need to consider when you need to decide whether to stay in the whole way or bail out before.
                        Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 8 August 2020, 07:55 PM.
                        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Joleg View Post
                          i do a bit of business with DS, he doesn't tell you very much, next to nothing in fact ! i asked specifically about Maire Banrigh just this week, he told me she had been retired.

Thanks for the update I've cashed out for a small loss

Comment

• Originally posted by Joleg View Post

Great info. Thanks.

Comment

With or without cashout every punter should be having a little bit on Benie at 14/1 for the Mares Chase.
                              I’ve taken the view she is extremely unlikely to be heading there so don’t believe 14/1 is a good bet, if I had cashout then it becomes a value speculative bet that ties up funds for 7 months until, if I got the timing right, I was able to get somewhere between 90-100% of my money back

Comment

• Topped up on Dame De Compagnie TWAR. Watched her races back last night. She has some very decent form and loves Cheltenham. She has won there 3 times around the Mares Hurdle distance, jumps/travels very well and is a big strong Mare. As an 8 year old next year I can see her sticking to Hurdles personally with this race as her early target. I like her a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X