Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Hardy Eustace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    For reference, after the festival:

Paisley Park was 10/1
    Lisnager Oscar was 25/1

Have we got a quote regarding Thyme Hill staying over hurdles?

https://www.racingpost.com/news/coli...r-sound/432707

It's very likely he'll stay over hurdles with the Stayers' Hurdle in mind," Hobbs said. "He's schooled very well over fences but I think we'll delay chasing for 12 months.

"He's been getting better with each run over hurdles and he was possibly unlucky at Cheltenham.

"We thought long and hard about what trip we were going to run him over at Cheltenham but unless the ground was desperate we were going to go up to three miles and as it turned out he was staying on extremely well, he just got stopped twice at the wrong time."

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Arkle's Avatar
    Paisley lost two shoes in running aswell

Apprentice Fat Jockey (5lb claim) hardheld's Avatar
    Think thyme is overpriced at 16/1 and have back him EW.

I have a feeling Benie might come here, as Mullins hasnít got much for the race and heaps of good mares to run in the mares hurdle. Will back 8/1 with bet365 cash out option in October. I think she needs 3 miles and would be hard to beat getting the mares allowance.

First thoughts are sire du berlais is such a short price!!

Thyme hill will be one I look to add to the states shortly. Missed the 25s on Lisnagar (very annoying) and may leave now. Bennie has a squeak but she will be 10 next year (but only ran 10 times since being with Willie). I know this sounds daft but I don't actually think Cheltenham is her best course.

As for Paisley Park - he was found to have an irregular heart-beat after the race. I don't know nearly enough about equine welfare to make any comment but that would certainly be enough to put me off backing him until I have seen him run well on the racecourse again (though if he does the 7s will be taken instantly). How common is an irregular heart-beat post-race - is it common for horses to bounce back?

https://www.racingtv.com/news/paisle...ular-heartbeat

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Faugheen_Machine's Avatar
    Ronald Pump, Paisley Park and Thyme Hill are the three I like.

Ronald Pump seemed unlucky to me last season and came back a bit sore.
    PP is the class horse and will be hard to beat if turning to form and over his ailments.
    TH could be progressive and was arguably unlucky in the AB, 16/1 is still a price that interests me.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) YoungHustler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
    First thoughts are sire du berlais is such a short price!!

Thyme hill will be one I look to add to the states shortly. Missed the 25s on Lisnagar (very annoying) and may leave now. Bennie has a squeak but she will be 10 next year (but only ran 10 times since being with Willie). I know this sounds daft but I don't actually think Cheltenham is her best course.

As for Paisley Park - he was found to have an irregular heart-beat after the race. I don't know nearly enough about equine welfare to make any comment but that would certainly be enough to put me off backing him until I have seen him run well on the racecourse again (though if he does the 7s will be taken instantly). How common is an irregular heart-beat post-race - is it common for horses to bounce back?

https://www.racingtv.com/news/paisle...ular-heartbeat
    It appears that only the very best horses(Sprinter Sacre, Denman, Faugheen) have irregular heartbeat issues due to them all having massive hearts. Apparently 'only 6% of horses have the symptoms reoccur'. PP was back working(whilst wearing a heart monitor) without any issues and was being aimed at Punchestown before racing was shut down. I've taken 10s and 7s on him as think his price will considerably shorten if he wins his first race back.

https://blog.betfred.com/102725/spor...cre-treatment/

I'm also going to keep an eye on Mcfabulous as I remember an interview with Harry Derham who I think mentioned that Mcfabulous was one of the best horses in the yard but that they had not yet made up their minds whether he would stay over hurdles or go chasing next year. I can't remember where the interview was from unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungHustler View Post
    It appears that only the very best horses(Sprinter Sacre, Denman, Faugheen) have irregular heartbeat issues due to them all having massive hearts. Apparently 'only 6% of horses have the symptoms reoccur'. PP was back working(whilst wearing a heart monitor) without any issues and was being aimed at Punchestown before racing was shut down. I've taken 10s and 7s on him as think his price will considerably shorten if he wins his first race back.

I'm also going to keep an eye on Mcfabulous as I remember an interview with Harry Derham who I think mentioned that Mcfabulous was one of the best horses in the yard but that they had not yet made up their minds whether he would stay over hurdles or go chasing next year. I can't remember where the interview was from unfortunately.
    Very interesting YH and likely therefore that paisley will come back none the worse for it, even more so now he’ll have a longer summer holiday than if they went to punchestown with him. Which we can all agree is a good thing.

Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    Very true that YH, was what eventually killed Arkle too I believe....

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) ComplyOrDie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungHustler View Post

As said by others, this is very interesting for sure.

On a note about McFabulous, I so wanted them to go chasing with him, which looks like it will be next season now.

Ante Post Tipping Comp - 2020 winner TigerRolllllll's Avatar
    Not too confident on anything yet - would like Benie if came here....and think they might, unless go for Mares Chase.....Assuming Honeysuckle stays over hurdles, i think she would neat Benie again...specially with both a year older

Have so far backed small stakes on Lisnegar Oscar at 25s and Thyme Hill at 18s as part of building a book

Paisley too short for me with injury risks at this stage, though will be watching closely