Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick clearly thinks Benie should go Stayers as better over 3 miles but he did say Willie likes to run them in the Mares Hurdle....... stubborn old goat! Do the bloody right thing. Deffo won't be going chasing by the sounds of it as too fragile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
      Patrick clearly thinks Benie should go Stayers as better over 3 miles but he did say Willie likes to run them in the Mares Hurdle....... stubborn old goat! Do the bloody right thing. Deffo won't be going chasing by the sounds of it as too fragile.
      You were fine up until 'Deffo'

She's already been chasing and despite it not being mentioned by Patrick on that podcast, I've read other connections mention it's on their mind.

I think the majority of people agree she's better over 3 miles, and some think she'd be fav for the Mares Chase, and we all know the most likely is she runs in the Grade 1 Mares Hurdle again

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        You were fine up until 'Deffo'

She's already been chasing and despite it not being mentioned by Patrick on that podcast, I've read other connections mention it's on their mind.

I think the majority of people agree she's better over 3 miles, and some think she'd be fav for the Mares Chase, and we all know the most likely is she runs in the Grade 1 Mares Hurdle again
        I don't know why we do this to ourselves every year. We know where she'll end up. Boring barstewards.

Comment

• Antepost will be boring when Mullins hangs up his boots

Where's the drama going to come from lol

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
            Antepost will be boring when Mullins hangs up his boots

Where's the drama going to come from lol
            Gordon Elliott Bingo?

Comment

• Stayers the plan for Mcfabulous.

Comment

Stayers the plan for Mcfabulous.
                Good news Lobos .. for me . One of my first A/p bets for 2021.
                Thought it was in the bin , chasing being mentioned .

Comment

• Happy with this news he was my main bet for the stayers now have him confirmed and have thyme hill on board with paisley in a double with honeysuckle, getting a nice position for this race

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I'm in the minority then

I've just a Maccies D's and I think all of the sugar has gone to my head

I don't think she is noticeably better over 3 miles
                    There was no pace in that mares race back in March, it ended up being a 2 miler with a sprint finish - and Honeysuckle's the 2 miler out the pair and I have Honeysuckle down as a speed horse that prefer a falsely ridden race to take advantage of her sprint finish
                    I was quite impressed that Benie was able quicker up like that against Honeysuckle.

Benie beat a bunch of duff French horses over 3 miles, and followed this up beating a bunch on a declining horses Gowran over that distance. Doesnt immediately shout to me she wants 3 miles. Just tells me she's a classy mare who could be just as or even more versatile than others before her

I think Benie will do a Annie Power this year (Mullins bingo here we come) and it will ALL come down to who Mullins has available to run in the races she's legible for - which is a lot!

If Honeysuckle doesnt turn up in the mares novice, she'll run in that
                    Can't rule out the CH, but unlikely no matter given how strong this year is

Funny enough,.... I may be going crazy, I dont think she'll run in the stayers. Just dont. It's too obvious lol

Now for the madness, I think there is a strong chance she'll end up in a G1 chase! What happens is Min doesnt turn up or Chancun.
                    She was Ryanair bound a few ago before Vroum Vroum Mag and Limini went missing from the mares, and was diverted - and has remained over hurdles since.

People taking about what PTKO could do with a mares allowance.... well, what would Benie do

Anyway, back on topic. Benie in the stayers is too obvious and when you put your chips down to play Mullins bingo, it pays to be random as hell

I think I need some water

Comment

• Lot of ifs and buts and oohs and aahs there.

Do they still sell them hot apple pie things.
                      You could do with burning your tongue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                        Lot of ifs and buts and oohs and aahs there.

Do they still sell them hot apple pie things.
                        You could do with burning your tongue.
                        Them things are bloody hot!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                          Them things are bloody hot!!!
                          Like fucking Lava.

Comment

Stayers the plan for Mcfabulous.
                            Where was this confirmed please Lobos?

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungHustler View Post
                              Where was this confirmed please Lobos?
                              Paul Nicholls on the Betfair podcast

Comment

• Hobbs confirms stayers is the target for Thyme Hill, starting off at Wetherby next month.

Comment

Working...
                                X