Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archie View Post
    For me, Samcro was beat 10 yards past the post in the Marsh and I couldn't have him for the Gold Cup unless he comes out and dominates a 3m G1.
    There were, once again, many doubters about Samcro prior to his Marsh run, but ultimately he dug deep to fend off Melon, despite Melon taking it up after the second last (mostly down to a poor jump by Samcro at that fence IMO). For me, 10 yards after the line doesn't matter to anyone, certainly not a stick I'm going to beat him with, as the race is done and dusted.

Samcro travelled the best of all the horses, going to the second last fence, the mistake meant he had to be ridden thereafter, I'd imagine sooner than they would have preferred, and I would have a guess, after watching his hurdle races and chase races to date, that he'd want to be travelling over everything else to win well, I would have doubts about him in a dog fight, though as stated, he came out on top in the Marsh, but then I'd also question Melons attitude, given his severe case of seconditus.

You also said you couldn't have him unless he dominates a G1, by then his price is gone, then he'd probably not be a good bet because of his price

I like Allaho, and think he will go very close in the Ryanair next season, should he go down that route. Not convinced he's Gold Cup material yet.

Comment

Chris Richardson Allaho....'He runs a bit keen so we might be thinking about dropping back in trip'.......... Ryanair!!

Comment

Where you see that lobos?

Comment

Originally posted by Arkle View Post
          Where you see that lobos?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            Chris Richardson Allaho....'He runs a bit keen so we might be thinking about dropping back in trip'.......... Ryanair!!
            Probably would have been better to have put in the whole quote ie. "I think that’s something that is certainly open to review."

Also, that article was nearly 5 months ago. There's certainly a good chance that he'll go Ryanair but it will be at least another 5 months before they're anywhere close to making that call.

Comment

** Maybe someone could move the last few comments to the 2021 thread **

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                Probably would have been better to have put in the whole quote ie. "I think that’s something that is certainly open to review."

Also, that article was nearly 5 months ago. There's certainly a good chance that he'll go Ryanair but it will be at least another 5 months before they're anywhere close to making that call.
                Absolutely. Needed to be highlighted for those thinking he's going the GC route. Every bit helps.

Comment

Question mite be asked to willie does he get close to al boum also 12/1 would a bet going to get him backed for the Ryanair & in a few yankees just in case he lands here it’s just the a plus tard situation has me doubting myself
                  Last edited by Arkle; 13 August 2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

....Sky have a ‘special NH Double’; Allaho to win King George & Ryanair @ 100-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                      ....Sky have a ‘special NH Double’; Allaho to win King George & Ryanair @ 100-1.
                      Mullins and King George just never go together!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                        Mullins and King George just never go together!
                        And Skybet know that too.
                        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

If he wins the king George he’s going nowhere near the ryanair

Comment

Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
                            ...I doubt very much it’d come over for the King George.

Comment

...I doubt very much it’d come over for the King George.
                              Mullins has said before that he doesn't like sending them over Xmas time due to weather issues/potential cancellations and travelling plus there are plenty of races he can mop up at home with decent prize money.

Comment

Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
                                What if he's beaten in a photo on the line and he switches owners to the pink and green spots

Comment

Working...
                                X