Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So unlike many....i really like this race and think it gets better every year

Its often quite tough for ante-post bets....but have already backed a few that i want in the book whilst decent prices around

Main bet is Min at 11s.....seems an ok price and think my shortest AP so far....surely he will try to defend and is strong G1 horse. Would expect him to go off much shorter if stays fit

Other small stakes on Melon at 22s (yes, prob crazy....but was a free), Imperial Aura at 25s and Simply Betts at 28s.....again as boo builders that might develop

Would like Allaho and Defi if they came here....but prices not great given we don't know their plans
    Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Just want to confirm that Master Dino will not be coming over again?

Anybody heard otherwise?

Comment

The more I look, the more I like Allaho and think 12/1 is good value. Backed him already but might just elevate him to one of my big guns. Samcro would be my other hope in the race. Wouldn't back him for the GC with Kev's money !

Comment

Any reason re Samcro lobos?

Comment

Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
            Any reason re Samcro lobos?
            Just my own thoughts. Don't think he is a GC horse but he'd have every chance in a Ryanair.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
              Just want to confirm that Master Dino will not be coming over again?

Anybody heard otherwise?
              As far as I’m aware there have been no quotes to say either way. The main reason why it’s assumed he won’t is the new owners and lucrative prize money in France.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                The more I look, the more I like Allaho and think 12/1 is good value. Backed him already but might just elevate him to one of my big guns. Samcro would be my other hope in the race. Wouldn't back him for the GC with Kev's money !
                Does anyone think there’s a chance Samcro goes to the Gold Cup and Delta Work ends up here?
                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Bump.
                  People discussing on the 2020 thread.

Comment

For me, Samcro was beat 10 yards past the post in the Marsh and I couldn't have him for the Gold Cup unless he comes out and dominates a 3m G1. All Delta Work does is stay and while I think his Gold Cup chance has probably now gone, I don't think he's got the pace to lay up close enough in a Ryanair.

Allaho is interesting given the comments after the RSA. However, while A Plus Tard is still around I half suspect that the owners will think a shot at the Gold Cup is worth a go, certainly until (or if) he fails to stay in a 3m G1 at Christmas. If Allaho is confirmed for the Ryanair it would probably worth another look at A Plus Tard for the Champion Chase.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                      For me, Samcro was beat 10 yards past the post in the Marsh and I couldn't have him for the Gold Cup unless he comes out and dominates a 3m G1. All Delta Work does is stay and while I think his Gold Cup chance has probably now gone, I don't think he's got the pace to lay up close enough in a Ryanair.

Allaho is interesting given the comments after the RSA. However, while A Plus Tard is still around I half suspect that the owners will think a shot at the Gold Cup is worth a go, certainly until (or if) he fails to stay in a 3m G1 at Christmas. If Allaho is confirmed for the Ryanair it would probably worth another look at A Plus Tard for the Champion Chase.
                      That's the way I think it'll turn out. APT was close to going CC last year and I reckon they'll try that route this. Allaho can then slip nicely into the Ryanair.

Comment

That's the way I think it'll turn out. APT was close to going CC last year and I reckon they'll try that route this. Allaho can then slip nicely into the Ryanair.
                        Will HDB want all 3 of his horses going to the champion chase with nothing for the Ryanair, seems unlikely to me

Comment

If there is positive news about Angels Breathe he’s one at a decent price for this imo.

25/1 seemed to improve for fences albeit winning small runner fields but did it dominantly.

Sure I mentioned this before, but fact NH has Champ and Santini for the GC I’d see this the likely race for him.

Edit - of course he needs to make a good step up but we didn’t find out last year due to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
                            Will HDB want all 3 of his horses going to the champion chase with nothing for the Ryanair, seems unlikely to me
                            All different owners I think , so they'll go where they have said he best chance. Could see 1 of them bypass the fez?

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                              If there is positive news about Angels Breathe he’s one at a decent price for this imo.

25/1 seemed to improve for fences albeit winning small runner fields but did it dominantly.

Sure I mentioned this before, but fact NH has Champ and Santini for the GC I’d see this the likely race for him.

Edit - of course he needs to make a good step up but we didn’t find out last year due to injury.
                              Henderson does think a hell of a lot of him. Another to get inside I'd say.

Comment

All different owners I think , so they'll go where they have said he best chance. Could see 1 of them bypass the fez?
                                Different owners yes but the trainer won’t want all his eggs in the 1 basket and I’m sure he can persuade 1 of the owners to head elsewhere. No way he runs all 3 here and none in the Ryanair if they’re all fit and well.

Comment

Working...
                                X