Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ladbroke Trophy (Hennessy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    This is his quote:

"Was a bit ago now, was on RTV on that racing life thing. He talked about Kempton when I saw it."

I don't hae any doubt at all that he believes it, and I know he wouldn't be making it up.... so now I just have3 to work out why nobody else saw or reported it... perhaps he got confused and it's regarding a stable mate ?
    Thanks Kev, I’m still hoping there are some crossed wires somewhere as he’s been widely quoted in the last couple of months as saying the Ladbrokes would be the target and can’t see why he would change his mind during roughly that same period (if a while ago as your friend said). Certainly ain’t cashing out until I see something concrete.

Of course he did run at Kempton in Dec 18 when losing to La Bague Au Roi so hoping there is a possibility your mate was watching an old interview as I’ve had a good look online and found nowt.

Update: I’m guessing this might be the interview although no idea what he says or when he says it as not a member:

Last edited by Rhinestone_Cowboy; 28 May 2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
      Some of those RTV shows are from previous years but I thought that the Ladbrokes had been the plan last year as well.
      That did cross my mind, especially when I couldn't find a recent looking "replay" of it.

I'll watch the replay RC has found now

Comment

Well, here is our answer....
        Straight from the horses mouth (not literally)

Last edited by Kevloaf; 28 May 2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Well, here is our answer....
          Straight from the horses mouth (not literally)

Well done, good effort

Comment

Anything from Hendo r/e Champs Gold Cup route this season? Like him for this but might just be that Hendo finds him a few small field races through the season instead

Comment

“Topofthegame will go straight to the Ladbrokes Trophy” - @PFNicholls
              tells @LeglockLuke

Comment

Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                “Topofthegame will go straight to the Ladbrokes Trophy” - @PFNicholls
                tells @LeglockLuke
                Excellent

He did tweet me back to kind of confirm that, but much better in the mainstream media

Comment

Just realized this thread was here ! Re Hennessy, recent winner trend points heavily to horses who have already had a relatively recent run before the race. If TOTG is to go straight to the race then I couldn't fancy him off top weight and coming back from injury. They'll not kill him on his first run back. Look for something lower down with a recent run under its belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                    Just realized this thread was here ! Re Hennessy, recent winner trend points heavily to horses who have already had a relatively recent run before the race. If TOTG is to go straight to the race then I couldn't fancy him off top weight and coming back from injury. They'll not kill him on his first run back. Look for something lower down with a recent run under its belt.
                    Usually late 140's, up to 155 handicap rating feature heavily in the finish each year.
                    Unless there is a Gold Cup winner in waiting.
                    And a recent run is a big plus, as you mentioned.
                    I would quite like Milan Native if Gordy sent him over.
                    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                      Usually late 140's, up to 155 handicap rating feature heavily in the finish each year.
                      Unless there is a Gold Cup winner in waiting.
                      And a recent run is a big plus, as you mentioned.
                      I would quite like Milan Native if Gordy sent him over.
                      Go to the Henn every year and learnt now not to back anything AP. Best to wait until Decs known and that's when the serious money comes. Jump on then.

Comment

I may have already mentioned this but my AP fancy is Pym for the Hennessy/Ladbrokes. I think the RSA came too soon after the tough race at Ascot mid February as did Copperhead. I think the race took its toll. I’m not suggesting either would have one but if they were both fresh would have run better than they did in the RSA. I think a galloping track like Newbury will suit Pym more. He’s not the biggest but he is a confident jumper and traveller on decent ground. I’m not commuting any money until declarations but Pym is better than his last 2 results.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                          Good point and a lot of Paul's came on for a run last season.

Comment

Originally posted by OverTheLast View Post
                            Good point and a lot of Paul's came on for a run last season.
                            He's one of the best target trainers out there so I'd trust him to have TOTG exactly where he needs to be come the Ladbroke Trophy.

He got Denman to win the race twice without a prep and TOTG's record is decent fto.

He might not be good enough to win but I don't think it'll be due to the lack of a run.

Comment

After a year off TOTG should be being dropped close to a stone in the handicap aswell

Comment

After Aramon In the galway hurdle i now need TOTG then itll be onto easysland for a few bags! If he is to win the gold cup then surely hes good enough to winthis carrying top weight

Comment

Working...
                                X