Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Apprentice Fat Jockey (5lb claim) hardheld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chris View Post
    What do people look for in this? Like with all decent handicaps, 2nd season chasers is where I normally start. Although I'm not convinced that this was the best crop of novice chasers.

One that is interesting me, although I can't see him in the betting, is Black Op. He has a bit of Newbury form, which I like, behind Champ. His novice hurdle form is outstanding (only beaten by: lost in translation, admiral barratry (anomaly) & simply the Betts on debut; santini by under a length in a grade 2 ; and samcro in the neptune, beating subsequent grade 1 winners next destination and duc des genievres).

His chase form hasn't hit the same heights but he's been keeping decent company, losing to lost in translation (again), defi (twice), topofthegame, champ and slate house.

In the last two defeats, he looked a bit slow and that a step up in trip would help. He'd also be getting a stone from topofthegame as things stand, so would have a good racing weight (cliche alert).

Looking down the betting, others of interest include copperhead - very solid for this and with the right trainer -, dashel dasher, who I love as a horse, but the trip would be a big concern, mister malarky (running off a similar mark to when 6th while in terrible form last year), discorama - but will he come across? And Danny whizzbang who could be anything but seems fragile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chris View Post
    What do people look for in this? Like with all decent handicaps, 2nd season chasers is where I normally start. Although I'm not convinced that this was the best crop of novice chasers.

One that is interesting me, although I can't see him in the betting, is Black Op. He has a bit of Newbury form, which I like, behind Champ. His novice hurdle form is outstanding (only beaten by: lost in translation, admiral barratry (anomaly) & simply the Betts on debut; santini by under a length in a grade 2 ; and samcro in the neptune, beating subsequent grade 1 winners next destination and duc des genievres).

His chase form hasn't hit the same heights but he's been keeping decent company, losing to lost in translation (again), defi (twice), topofthegame, champ and slate house.

In the last two defeats, he looked a bit slow and that a step up in trip would help. He'd also be getting a stone from topofthegame as things stand, so would have a good racing weight (cliche alert).

Looking down the betting, others of interest include copperhead - very solid for this and with the right trainer -, dashel dasher, who I love as a horse, but the trip would be a big concern, mister malarky (running off a similar mark to when 6th while in terrible form last year), discorama - but will he come across? And Danny whizzbang who could be anything but seems fragile.
    Totally agree with Black Op, he has also been my fancy, but is not priced up yet! I know he was pulled from the RSA because he wasn't firing at home and they decided to wait for Aintree. Off 150 he id defiantly a big player and i think has been crying out for a setup in trip.

Champ is the other one i like, but not sure if this will be his target, as the Intermediate Chase at Sandown was mentioned by Henderson. Champ reminds me of Bobs worth, his jumping would need have to improve, however, he goes very well at Newbury, and if he does come here 14/1 is very fair.

Professional Fat Jockey Rhinestone_Cowboy's Avatar
    As mentioned on another thread been told (via one of the owners) that Vinndication is likely to head for the Charlie Hall rather than this race. A long way out still and plans can change but thought it worth sharing.

Kev, did you get any clarification about that hopefully spurious Topofthegame target quote?

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Cheers RC.

No I didn't, let me poke around on that now actually as I'm talking to him about who would win on their best day, out of Kauto and Denman haha

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
    As mentioned on another thread been told (via one of the owners) that Vinndication is likely to head for the Charlie Hall rather than this race. A long way out still and plans can change but thought it worth sharing.

Kev, did you get any clarification about that hopefully spurious Topofthegame target quote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Cheers RC.

No I didn't, let me poke around on that now actually as I'm talking to him about who would win on their best day, out of Kauto and Denman haha
    This is his quote:

"Was a bit ago now, was on RTV on that racing life thing. He talked about Kempton when I saw it."

I don't hae any doubt at all that he believes it, and I know he wouldn't be making it up.... so now I just have3 to work out why nobody else saw or reported it... perhaps he got confused and it's regarding a stable mate ?

Some of those RTV shows are from previous years but I thought that the Ladbrokes had been the plan last year as well.

This is his quote:

"Was a bit ago now, was on RTV on that racing life thing. He talked about Kempton when I saw it."

I don't hae any doubt at all that he believes it, and I know he wouldn't be making it up.... so now I just have3 to work out why nobody else saw or reported it... perhaps he got confused and it's regarding a stable mate ?
    Thanks Kev, I’m still hoping there are some crossed wires somewhere as he’s been widely quoted in the last couple of months as saying the Ladbrokes would be the target and can’t see why he would change his mind during roughly that same period (if a while ago as your friend said). Certainly ain’t cashing out until I see something concrete.

Of course he did run at Kempton in Dec 18 when losing to La Bague Au Roi so hoping there is a possibility your mate was watching an old interview as I’ve had a good look online and found nowt.

Update: I’m guessing this might be the interview although no idea what he says or when he says it as not a member:

https://www.racingtv.com/videos/watch/ondemand/2955
    Last edited by Rhinestone_Cowboy; 28th May 2020 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Some of those RTV shows are from previous years but I thought that the Ladbrokes had been the plan last year as well.
    That did cross my mind, especially when I couldn't find a recent looking "replay" of it.

I'll watch the replay RC has found now

Well, here is our answer....
    Straight from the horses mouth (not literally)

Last edited by Kevloaf; 28th May 2020 at 07:58 PM.

Talking

Well, here is our answer....
    Straight from the horses mouth (not literally)

Well done, good effort