Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Gold Cup 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presenting Percy moved into contention in both his Leopardstown races before Cheltenham but plugged on at one pace to finish about 4l down on Delta Work and a little behind Kemboy. There's no reason to believe that he would have done anything different if he'd stood up in March.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
      Presenting Percy moved into contention in both his Leopardstown races before Cheltenham but plugged on at one pace to finish about 4l down on Delta Work and a little behind Kemboy. There's no reason to believe that he would have done anything different if he'd stood up in March.
      Being better at Cheltenham than he is at Leopardstown is reason to believe he could have something different if he'd have stood up in March.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Being better at Cheltenham than he is at Leopardstown is reason to believe he could have something different if he'd have stood up in March.
        I've got no evidence but, imo, think that the Gold Cup would have been the only day he would have been really spot on and anything before that was just keeping him ticking over.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Enjoying the fantastic contributions from everyone, oodles of good stuff this early in the campaign.

There was one horse I was really impressed with at the festival and that’s Melon.

I always thought he would make a better chaser than hurdler.
          Personally, I felt he was kept over hurdles too long and should have gone straight over fences after his second in the Supreme.
          He ran a cracker in the Marsh and pinged every fence, it was therefore surprising that Patrick Mullins steadied him so much into the final fence. If you watch the race back I’m sure that cost him too much momentum and he then overtook Samcro after the line.
          Patrick’s reaction after the race when he screamed into the air, maybe reflects he knew he was on the better horse?

I’ve managed to get 3 figures for him on the exchange for the gold cup and also taken 66/1 with Betfair.
          These are massive prices for a horse that may actually get better for a longer trip, as Willie and Patrick have hinted at.

There is the problem of ABP being in the same ownership but they may be happy to run two in the biggest race, and if something were to happen to ABP, then the price would look even better.

I’m probably talking rubbish so back to lurking

Comment

Originally posted by Brital View Post
            Hi Guys,

Enjoying the fantastic contributions from everyone, oodles of good stuff this early in the campaign.

There was one horse I was really impressed with at the festival and that’s Melon.

I always thought he would make a better chaser than hurdler.
            Personally, I felt he was kept over hurdles too long and should have gone straight over fences after his second in the Supreme.
            He ran a cracker in the Marsh and pinged every fence, it was therefore surprising that Patrick Mullins steadied him so much into the final fence. If you watch the race back I’m sure that cost him too much momentum and he then overtook Samcro after the line.
            Patrick’s reaction after the race when he screamed into the air, maybe reflects he knew he was on the better horse?

I’ve managed to get 3 figures for him on the exchange for the gold cup and also taken 66/1 with Betfair.
            These are massive prices for a horse that may actually get better for a longer trip, as Willie and Patrick have hinted at.

There is the problem of ABP being in the same ownership but they may be happy to run two in the biggest race, and if something were to happen to ABP, then the price would look even better.

I’m probably talking rubbish so back to lurking
            If you've been lurking you'll know this was coming.... http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...cture-requests

Melon does have a decent little fan club for the Gold Cup on here... I can't quite bring myself to chance it without a cash out option though.

He doesn't get that big old head in front often enough to make me get too jiggy either, for all that he's very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              If you've been lurking you'll know this was coming.... http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...cture-requests

Melon does have a decent little fan club for the Gold Cup on here... I can't quite bring myself to chance it without a cash out option though.

He doesn't get that big old head in front often enough to make me get too jiggy either, for all that he's very good.

Owners have the likely fav.....form suggests Ryanair better option and gives them chance of both
              Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Melon will likely be shit till Cheltenham again
                Hold your bollocks
                Check for lumps
                Just enjoy the sensation and back him a week before the festival
                Each way of course

Comment

Beautifully put Q

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                    Beautifully put Q
                    Testimony to a good education

Q is either a CEO or University Lecturer , eloquence personified

Young goat

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                      Melon will likely be shit till Cheltenham again
                      Hold your bollocks
                      Check for lumps
                      Just enjoy the sensation and back him a week before the festival
                      Each way of course

Such a way with words

Comment

I'm still keen on Vinndication as a lively outsider for next years Gold Cup. Kim Bailey has always thought very highly of Vinndication and after Cheltenham was reasonably positive about aiming for the Gold Cup in 2021.

Its worth remembering that Vinndication has shown class and potential in the past, including beating Champ over hurdles when giving him 6 pounds. Although 4th in the Ultima at Cheltenham, Vinndication was giving 20 pounds to the Conditiinal and still finished within 2.25 lengths of the winner. Admittedly the Gold Cup will be a significant step up but Vinndication has now proved he can run left handed and handle Cheltenham, also carrying a big weight.

At 40-50-1 range available I have already backed Vinndication for the GC and may continue to top-up. Kim Bailey knows what it takes to win the Gold Cup and I like his enthusiasm. If he can get him to improve again then a tilt at the GC looks highly likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
                          I'm still keen on Vinndication as a lively outsider for next years Gold Cup. Kim Bailey has always thought very highly of Vinndication and after Cheltenham was reasonably positive about aiming for the Gold Cup in 2021.

Its worth remembering that Vinndication has shown class and potential in the past, including beating Champ over hurdles when giving him 6 pounds. Although 4th in the Ultima at Cheltenham, Vinndication was giving 20 pounds to the Conditiinal and still finished within 2.25 lengths of the winner. Admittedly the Gold Cup will be a significant step up but Vinndication has now proved he can run left handed and handle Cheltenham, also carrying a big weight.

At 40-50-1 range available I have already backed Vinndication for the GC and may continue to top-up. Kim Bailey knows what it takes to win the Gold Cup and I like his enthusiasm. If he can get him to improve again then a tilt at the GC looks highly likely.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...UMacRUE7urHgy4
                          I've backed him for the Ladbrokes Trophy at 33/1. Might see if Sky want to offer the double.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            I've backed him for the Ladbrokes Trophy at 33/1. Might see if Sky want to offer the double.
                            A friend requested, but only 200/1 which doesn't seem worth it given his current prices. He won't be shorter than 6/1 even if he wins the Ladbrokes Trophy. Was expecting nearer 400/1

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              A friend requested, but only 200/1 which doesn't seem worth it given his current prices. He won't be shorter than 6/1 even if he wins the Ladbrokes Trophy. Was expecting nearer 400/1
                              I’d be interested in 33s for the Ladbrokes Trophy so asked my mate who’s is friends with one of the owners who said today he’s likely to be heading to the Charlie Hall at Wetherby (so not the Ladbrokes Trophy). Obvs plans can change but is pretty reliable as gave us an early heads up on the Ultima

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                                I’d be interested in 33s for the Ladbrokes Trophy so asked my mate who’s is friends with one of the owners who said today he’s likely to be heading to the Charlie Hall at Wetherby (so not the Ladbrokes Trophy). Obvs plans can change but is pretty reliable as gave us an early heads up on the Ultima
                                Ah fair enough RC, cheers. I've already backed him without cash out, for small stakes, so no drama if he didn't turn up

Comment

Working...
                                X