Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curly View Post
    Marie’s rock is 66/1 with unibet, if anyone fancy’s her
    Had there been any updates about her well being? I could see me backing her before seasonal debut assuming 50s is still around. Couldn’t back her before knowing she was ready to race again

Comment

Marie’s rock is 66/1 with unibet, if anyone fancy’s her
      Nice...1/4 odds each way too.

I see the Sky special bets include Bob Olinger and Appreciate It both to win any race 200-1
      Last edited by nortonscoin200; 22 May 2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
        Had there been any updates about her well being? I could see me backing her before seasonal debut assuming 50s is still around. Couldn’t back her before knowing she was ready to race again
        I took a bit of 66/1 - the price is to good to miss

Comment

I took a bit of 66/1 - the price is to good to miss
          Good luck, and no denying there is potentially a bit of juice in the price, but considering it’s Hendo’s bookie I’d be even more keen to hear a positive fitness update before getting involved this far out

Comment

[QUOTE=nortonscoin200;162431

I see the Sky special bets include Bob Olinger and Appreciate It both to win any race 200-1[/QUOTE]

Isn't the risk with this one that they could both end up in the Ballymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
              Good luck, and no denying there is potentially a bit of juice in the price, but considering it’s Hendo’s bookie I’d be even more keen to hear a positive fitness update before getting involved this far out
              Unibet have now cut Marie's Rock to 40-1 for the CH

Comment

Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
                Isn't the risk with this one that they could both end up in the Ballymore?
                Certainly a risk Nortons -but I like the price!!

Trying to come up with another horse to go with Bob O for an any race sky special double around the 200-1 mark. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
                  Certainly a risk Nortons -but I like the price!!

Trying to come up with another horse to go with Bob O for an any race sky special double around the 200-1 mark. Any ideas?
                  How about a de Bromhead double bob/honeysuckle win any race probably won’t be 200/1 though.
                  Could also ask for bob/a plus tard win any race double too

Comment

Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
                    Nice...1/4 odds each way too.

I see the Sky special bets include Bob Olinger and Appreciate It both to win any race 200-1
                    ...reasonable given they are 16-1 and 9-1 respectively in the Hills any race market.

Ferny Hollow/Ballyadam any race double @ 100-1 is also reasonable given they are 8-1 and 7-1 with Hills.

(More appropriate for SkyBet thread).
                    Last edited by Eggs; 23 May 2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Has the potential to be a good race next year....tho we always think that

Am a big Epatante fan and banged on about her all last season on here....and was v impressed with the win....i think she looks a proper Champion Hurdler.....jumps quickly, travels and comes to last to take lead and pull away as great ones do.....Sharjah is a decent yardstick as is Darver Star....and so the form looks solid....and arguably better than Buveir D'air with last win. However, i will wait til season and find creative ways (prob mostly doubles) to get her in the book as strong fancy

Goshen price is dreadful....and that is being polite about it......i know Timeform like him, but the RPR shows a stone to find on Epatante....and 16s or even 20s for me would feel about right for a good 5 year old at this stage. Specially as the Triumph looked pretty ordinary to me

Abacadrabras is of def interest......but don't like the price either at moment.....but again will be looking to get him in the book

So far have small book bulders on Saint Roi at 33s and Saldier at 28s......as both have potential....but its too early for larger stakes (not that i bet very big anyway) and for me Epatante , if fit will prob retain.....and may well improve

Obviously, should Honeysuckle go here, then would look at with real interest
                      Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Where was the case made for Marie's Rock?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Where was the case made for Marie's Rock?
                          Would rely on same progress as Epatante, from roughly same ratings at same stage.....and Epatante was exceptional

Was bit annoyed at missing 66s after reading posts on here, but just noticed she has shortened again with most and was some 60s on BFI, so had a nibble
                          Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Already backed Epatante, Saint Roi and Concertista for this. For me Epatante is the one to beat and I think 4/1 is generous even this far out. She was very good this year. Immaculate hurdler and travels like a dream with an electrifying change of pace. What's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Abacadabras at 8/1 would fall in the same category, so whilst I like him and can see it as a possibility he wins the Champion Hurdle, he's only double the price of Epatante and that doesn't look like value either.
                              Doing a little back track on this statement.

Just watching that Supreme back again and I'm getting more and more convinced that Abacadabras just looks like a Champion Hurdler.

Getting beaten in a Supreme didn't do Buveur D'air any harm, and it's not ridiculous in suggesting he can take a step forward again. Plenty of very good horses have been beaten in the Supreme before.

The odds are shorter than I want them to be, but I don't think he's going to be very far away at all.

It'll be easy for people to knock, as he didn't win his Supreme so we could certainly argue Shishkin is a better horse...but not by a lot at all.

Also, just looking back at when Envoi Allen beat him, he didn't beat him on the snaff at all... Abacadabras did look to have the race won.

If he can mature again over this summer I think he could end up being the best of the Irish by the time we get to 2021, and while I can't bring myself to back him in a single... I do want to

I'm not saying he's value particularly, but I do think he's going to be fucking good next year and I kind of dismissed him because of the price but he's closer to 'correct price' than 'too short'

Comment

I do realise saying he'll be the best of the Irish is hardly a big call as he's already the shortest priced Irish horse

One of Willie's will be shorter at some point though

Comment

Working...
                                X