Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    he can look a little lazy, you couldn't afford to do that in a championship 2m race:
    Altior has done exactly that in his QM wins.
    Most of the games best ever horses have had their quirks, as they say you only find out how good a horse is when they come off the bridle and you never win a championship on one...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Altior has done exactly that in his QM wins.
      Most of the games best ever horses have had their quirks, as they say you only find out how good a horse is when they come off the bridle and you never win a championship on one...
      I think Altior was (probably not now) a quicker horse than EA. His turn of foot, again, quicker than EA.

I'm not knocking EA one bit, I think he will show up as one of the greats, but it was more quickening galloper (best way I can describe what I mean ), in the Ballymore, IMO, as opposed to a turn of foot.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        I think Altior was (probably not now) a quicker horse than EA. His turn of foot, again, quicker than EA.

I'm not EA one bit, I think he will show up as one of the greats, but it was more quickening galloper, in the Ballymore, IMO, as opposed to a turn of foot.
        Altior's turn of foot in his supreme = delicious.

Comment

‘Quickening Galloper’

Love that CoD, that description needs to be in every day use...

Comment

‘Quickening Galloper’

Love that CoD, that description needs to be in every day use...

FWIW, I'd class my self as a galloper, never quickened in my life though

Comment

Originally posted by hardheld View Post
              Really Love Abacadabras, I thought he was a hound, but looking back at Supreme he was the best horse in the race. As soon as he hit the front he idled from the home turn all the way to the last. Once Shishkin joined him, he surprised me how he picked up and battled up the run in. He has improved mentally and on better ground he will bag a few grade 1s next year. Massive player in the champion hurdle. Have backed him
              What price did you back him?

As much as I like him, 8/1 now doesn't scream like it's a price I should be taking now.

I know scooby is still a big fan of the horse too, for those who care.

Comment

The general concensus does seem to be that Envoi Allen is a superior horse to Goshen, which is what I'd anticipated. Unlikely we will see it, but my point was just highlighting that I think the hyperbole around Goshen is a little bit much given that he's not a superstar yet.

...and it's not even the superstar bit I guess, it's the 5/1 being priced as if he's already a Champion Hurdler effectively.

I'd take 11/1 straight away though now.... I might end up backing Pinatubo or something just to trick myself into thinking I have some value.

Comment

Hi Kev

Backed him a 10s & 8s which I think is about right. I will back him again on es he’s declared for a race, price shouldn’t change much before November
                  Last edited by hardheld; 22 May 2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Hi Kev

Backed him a 10s & 8s which I think is about right.
                    I like Aba but I couldn’t have a single at those prices.
                    I did however manage to grab the Sky special Shishkin (Arkle) Envoi Allen (any race) and Aba (Champ hurdle) at 200/1 so feel like I have a sort of cover...

Comment

Great price. What was sky bet stake limit for 200/1.

Comment

Great price. What was sky bet stake limit for 200/1.
                        For me the max stakes on all these request a bets over 100/1 is £30, but they reset every week so managed to press before price went.
                        100/1 now which may still be value given the ‘any race’ tag allocated to Envoi Allen...

Comment

I like Aba but I couldn’t have a single at those prices.
                          I did however manage to grab the Sky special Shishkin (Arkle) Envoi Allen (any race) and Aba (Champ hurdle) at 200/1 so feel like I have a sort of cover...
                          The treble (with Envoi - Marsh) is currently 246/1 with WH - which I may have a trixie on.

I'm feeling reckless.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            The treble (with Envoi - Marsh) is currently 246/1 with WH
                            I'm feeling reckless.
                            I’m sure you’ll have had worse bets Kev...

Comment

I like Aba and have him well covered just a shame his price has been clipped as much as it has. My concern would be that he does a Harchibald in 2005 when he lost to Hardy Eustace (currently on the FJ homepage).

Agree with Hardheld by the way that he battled on well up the run in and another 10 yards or so I reckon he may well have got back up.

Comment

Marie’s rock is 66/1 with unibet, if anyone fancy’s her

Comment

Working...
                                X