Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Craigy14's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The King Pimm View Post
    Given some members high regard for Goshens chances in the Churdle even though he fell and never finished in the Triumph how do you rate Column of Fires chances in the Churdle? Is it unrealistic that he will go there. He was storming through the field when he fell, rated 146 for the race whilst Goshen was 150. It requires a drop back in distance of 4 furlongs but could CoF compete in the Churdle??
    As Archie says will be going chasing I would think.

But would be of no interest for the champion hurdle, quite simply won’t be good enough imo.

Giggs have very few runners aimed at it and Abacadabras will be a likely runner, from memory I don’t think they’ve had more than 1 runner? I stand corrected if I’m wrong.

Professional Fat Jockey Saxon Warrior's Avatar
    Given some members high regard for Goshens chances in the Churdle even though he fell and never finished in the Triumph how do you rate Column of Fires chances in the Churdle? Is it unrealistic that he will go there. He was storming through the field when he fell, rated 146 for the race whilst Goshen was 150. It requires a drop back in distance of 4 furlongs but could CoF compete in the Churdle??
    I think when assessing any second season chaser or hurdler, we need to assess what 'ceiling' on ratings we think each horse has.

Goshen's ceiling could be anything. It could be 150, it could be 175, nothing has got close to him yet, to begin to know.

COF has ran in 8 hurdles races.
    Fell or BD three times
    3rd twice
    2nd twice
    1st once

Its a potentially narrower ceiling over hurdles for him now notwithstanding that he can improve further.
    If he is 146 now and raced latterly over 2M4F and above, and if he stayed over hurdles, maybe a ceiling of 160 is possible.

He could be Gordys Pertemps horse if campaigned for it, and aim to be rated by UK handicapper at below 150.
    If his ceiling is 160 over hurdles it would be great to see him run off 145-149 in the Pertemps.

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Sometimes it is actually better to.....

Professional Fat Jockey The King Pimm's Avatar

I’m guessing there are a number of reasons as to why CoF does not feature in any of the Churdle markets!! Saldier it is then

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

Fell or BD three times
    3rd twice
    2nd twice
    1st once

Its a potentially narrower ceiling over hurdles for him now notwithstanding that he can improve further.
    If he is 146 now and raced latterly over 2M4F and above, and if he stayed over hurdles, maybe a ceiling of 160 is possible.

He could be Gordys Pertemps horse if campaigned for it, and aim to be rated by UK handicapper at below 150.
    If his ceiling is 160 over hurdles it would be great to see him run off 145-149 in the Pertemps.
    Now this i do Like as an idea .

Professional Fat Jockey Middle_Of_March's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
    I think when assessing any second season chaser or hurdler, we need to assess what 'ceiling' on ratings we think each horse has.

Goshen's ceiling could be anything. It could be 150, it could be 175, nothing has got close to him yet, to begin to know.

Fell or BD three times
    3rd twice
    2nd twice
    1st once

This is the sort of post that makes FJ so good.

Clever thinking. Now let’s see if Gordy has the same idea.

Though the Pertemps this year I thought we had sussed with The Storyteller at 14s. Was the most obvious plot ever. And then he got beat by one from his own yard.