Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Inevitable, but I don't think that's the reason alone.

Last season Petit Mouchoir's had 2x Seconds and 1x Third in Grade Ones... beaten less than 7 lengths combined!
    He was a respectable 5th in the Champion Hurdle.

What price would Abacadabras be if he beat Petit Mouchoir giving him 11 lbs? Or Goshen?

Whilst it's undeniable that the younger unexposed horses are open to much more improvement, I can't see how people can knock a 33/1 shot as much as they are.

It's an obvious bet (if you back more than one in a race) to get in the book at 33/1!

The market is priced (as usual) on up-and-comers, it's why Sharjah is 25/1 still etc...

Bar Epatante(4/1), who sets the standard and may improve, there only look to be Goshen and Abacadabras throwing their names in the hat, so is Sharjah over priced? I think he is of course, but he'll never get the attention because he's exposed. Politilogue, Special Tiara (different race obviously) but both sprung into my head immediately as overlooked horses that did cause upsets and the festival is littered with big priced, proven placed horses coming back and doing it again.

If Aramon was 16/1 it wouldn't appeal as much, as it'd be closer to a fair price. 33/1 is just too big.

...and while I'm talking CH, I'll reiterate that given the visual impression I had from Saint Roi, I think he's going to be worthy of the conversation too, although you can easily knock him through Aramon if you wish, but it's not a strict handicapping arguement as to why I like Saint Roi. I think he'd beat Aramon off level weights already.
    Agree with Saint Roi. One of first bets I had after Festival. Right age, right connections, improvement a plenty, travels great, jumps well, can be ridden as you like, ground not an issue, impressive acceleration, nice AP price. If there is to be a danger to Epatante, he is it. I'm on the bus

Professional Fat Jockey Saxon Warrior's Avatar
    I think ARAMON is all about the Galway Hurdle.
    I fancy him a lot for that race, and hopefully he is a price to have a bet, and get a payout to put towards Cheltenham betting.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) DeeBee's Avatar
    Assuming Abacadabras sticks to hurdles, he’d have to be a big player here.. already been nibbled at the past couple of months and taking out Shiskin and Envoi assuming they go chasing it’s the strongest novice form on offer

Anyone have any thoughts on Boodles winner Aramix? Quoted at 40/1 for this but I could see him perhaps going down the Coral Cup route. One or two average runs then Boom ! He is deffo on the Lobos radar. Watch this space.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Ballybeen's Avatar
    Noticed Aramax has an entry on Friday evening in a 2m flat race at Navan along with Felix Desjy

Quote Originally Posted by Ballybeen View Post
    Noticed Aramax has an entry on Friday evening in a 2m flat race at Navan along with Felix Desjy
    Be good to get a TWAR price on Aramax but none quoted.

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeBee View Post
    Assuming Abacadabras sticks to hurdles, he’d have to be a big player here.. already been nibbled at the past couple of months and taking out Shiskin and Envoi assuming they go chasing it’s the strongest novice form on offer

Yeah, I certainly agree - hopefully reappears in the Morgiana and we see him up against a Mullins battalion to see where the novice is from last season.

I'm hopeful of a "to win race X and the CH" on him at some point.

Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeBee View Post
    Yeah I like Aba and didn't have him covered in the immediate aftermath of last seasons festival but I managed to hoover up a fair bit of the 200/1 Sky special on Shishkin to win Arkle, Envoi Allen to win any race and Aba to win Champion Hurdle.
    He was around 10/1 at the time and I see he's 7/1 and shorter now so he's been very well supported since...

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Yeah I like Aba and didn't have him covered in the immediate aftermath of last seasons festival but I managed to hoover up a fair bit of the 200/1 Sky special on Shishkin to win Arkle, Envoi Allen to win any race and Aba to win Champion Hurdle.
    He was around 10/1 at the time and I see he's 7/1 and shorter now so he's been very well supported since...
    Think 10/1 was a fair price for Aba but 7's doesn't interest me. Too short.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Hardy Eustace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Yep, that was a really good request a bet - I missed the 200/1 but have a bit on at 100/1 which still seems fair enough to me.