Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeysuckle doesn’t jump her hurdles quick enough for the CH she will be defending the mares I’d say

Comment

• Yeah i agree with that. I know the connections have said they “may” go a different route but i just think shed be getting too much air whilst the others are whizzing along

Comment

• Do we think Epatante will be around 6/4 come nrnb?

Comment

• Depends how the Irish fair Mullins runners will be interesting this year is that rocket klassical dream definitely going chasing anyone know

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
            Do we think Epatante will be around 6/4 come nrnb?
            I'd hope and expect bigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              I'd hope and expect bigger.
              Yeah no-one knows what Mullins is planning for his team at this stage but if Sharjah and Saldier are intended runners they will be genuine challengers to Epitante, he may even keep Cilaos Emery over timber who knows.
              Abacadabras and a fit Buveur D'Air will also help hold Epitante's price...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Do you two get those rose-tinted glasses from the Moore's website directly or can you get them from Amazon?

The trainer is the problem as he's fucking around a potential Champion Hurdler on the flat, at Haydock, in September.

Rendering the performance having "zero impact" or "no bearing" isn't accurate unless you'd have seen him bolt up here, then in a big flat race and then still consider that of no relevance to a CH campaign... I suppose we'll never know.

I'm embarassed to have backed Goshen ante post. Move on, he's clearly not the superstar we hoped he was. He won't win a grade 1 over jumps this season, nevermind a Champion Hurdle.
                Not at all, I've said from the outset that this season will be extremely difficult for Goshen, coming out of juvenile company into open, that's plainly obvious, but I don't think Gary Moore is a negative. That said, I was against a flat campaign so I'm hoping they abandoned them plans after the performance yesterday.

My criticism of Moore is that, a bit like Nicholls, he will target pots outside of the festival, which is why his record at the festival is far from convincing but I don't believe his ability to train one for a graded race is under question at all.

Comment

I think that’s about right. By the time NRNB will have come in. Shed have won a fighting Firth and run in the Christmas hurdle where she possibly will have beaten goshen. There isn’t an a horse this side of the sea that has any form entitled to get within 5 lengths of her so assuming She wins those two races which she should, I can’t see her being much bigger.

Comment

• The Moore family have been (legally) manipulating handicap marks for decades and there's no question about their ability to get one right on a particular day. Of course, by taking that course they've upset a good number of people along the way and very few potentially good horses are sent to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                      I think that’s about right. By the time NRNB will have come in. Shed have won a fighting Firth and run in the Christmas hurdle where she possibly will have beaten goshen. There isn’t an a horse this side of the sea that has any form entitled to get within 5 lengths of her so assuming She wins those two races which she should, I can’t see her being much bigger.
                      Yeah sorry that was my logic. Should have added bit more detail to my post. But wins them 2 prep runs surely she goes very close to that price? 2/1 last year, could argue to say was weak CH, but she won it convincingly and IF all goes to plan lines up as defending champion, potential improvement to come, so price surely going to fall after Kempton alone, even if mullins has something or Aba performs well for Gordy over the period.

Just to note I'm still in the Abacadabras camp and have been for some time, but think Aba has to prove to us more than Epatante, now looking at Epatante 4/1 I dont think its that short anymore and one I will be adding to a few multiples.

Comment

Possibly. All depends on the Irish. Will Saint Roi prove up to it. Will Mullins send Concertista down the 2mile route. Will Honeysuckle take her chance. Will Elixr throw his hat into the ring. Also will the French bird travel over. Everything to play for.

Comment

• I hope im not over reacting on the run yesterday, but do you think there could be the possibility that goshen has actually bottomed out after that triumph exertion? Its happened before to good horses?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                            I hope im not over reacting on the run yesterday, but do you think there could be the possibility that goshen has actually bottomed out after that triumph exertion? Its happened before to good horses?
                            Moore said before the race that he was undercooked which may well have been deliberate so keep an eye out for a big flat handicap before the end of the season...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                              Moore said before the race that he was undercooked which may well have been deliberate so keep an eye out for a big flat handicap before the end of the season...
                              Could be a plan. Next time he'll be overpriced.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                                The Moore family have been (legally) manipulating handicap marks for decades and there's no question about their ability to get one right on a particular day. Of course, by taking that course they've upset a good number of people along the way and very few potentially good horses are sent to them.
                                I'd like to find a trainer who hasn't at least tried manipulating handicap marks, even the best do, the difference being how good/patient some trainers are at actually doing it. You'll upset people in all walks of life, one way or another, horse racing is a competitive business, I guess you do what you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X