Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Gordon Elliott 2020 Handicap Performances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
    Just seen Percy has gone to Gordy, a plot awaits ....
    Pertempts!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
      Pertempts!!!!
      Calm down Lobos... was my first thought, thou Last hurdle start was 157 not checked rating but will want 4-6lbs lobbing off that.

Comment

Irish National.

Comment

166 Chase rating in UK
          160 Hurdle rating in UK

It’s probably the Gold Cup or the Stayers Hurdle, given those ratings.

Racing Post gave a chasing RPR to him for his Gold Cup fall 2 out, this March, which is his equal best rating ever (level with his RSA one).

He has had only 10 chases and 10 hurdle races, with only 6 runs since the RSA win in March 2018.

He may be in with a Grade 1 chance next year, in the season, or at the Festival, even though the age profile for a Grade 1 festival win isn’t sexy.
          Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 27 July 2020, 10:39 PM.
          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Interesting to see how The Very Man performs in the opener at Galway today.

Wonder if he could end up in the Coral Cup or perhaps less likely in Gordon's benefit race the Pertemps. Those are his only viable options imo.

The Very Man is not quoted on the TWAR market from what I can see. Shame would have been of interest at 33-1 or better.

Gordon talked about him yesterday:

Last edited by nortonscoin200; 29 July 2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
              Interesting to see how The Very Man performs in the opener at Galway today.

Wonder if he could end up in the Coral Cup or perhaps less likely in Gordon's benefit race the Pertemps. Those are his only viable options imo.

The Very Man is not quoted on the TWAR market from what I can see. Shame would have been of interest at 33-1 or better.

Gordon talked about him yesterday:

https://betting.betfair.com/horse-ra...280720-14.html
              NC200 - Williiam Hill have the Very Man at 25-1 for the NH Chase, indicating possibly that someone has requested the horse be added to that market because they think he might go chasing. No evidence in any of GEs comments as far as I can see and hes obviously still running over hurdles this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
                NC200 - Williiam Hill have the Very Man at 25-1 for the NH Chase, indicating possibly that someone has requested the horse be added to that market because they think he might go chasing. No evidence in any of GEs comments as far as I can see and hes obviously still running over hurdles this evening.
                2m hurdles to 4m chase is a bit of a jump ! I'll be betting all of his handicap horses blind at next year's Fez following this year's incredible performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
                  cheers Nortons - one to keep an eye on.

Comment

Entered up tomorrow again!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                      Entered up tomorrow again!
                      Wouldn't put it past them

Comment

Aramax running rather poor in the Galway hurdle under a low weight.

I’m immediately pencilling him in for the county, a win and a couple mediocre runs pre festival he’ll have a nice low weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                          Aramax running rather poor in the Galway hurdle under a low weight.

I’m immediately pencilling him in for the county, a win and a couple mediocre runs pre festival he’ll have a nice low weight.
                          Absolutely. He's on my radar.

Comment

Braid Blue makes his Chase debut today in the 3.00 at Wexford. Could be the start of a Festival plot for Gordon Elliot.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                              Braid Blue makes his Chase debut today in the 3.00 at Wexford. Could be the start of a Festival plot for Gordon Elliot.
                              He's been one I've been keeping an eye out for been entered up twice already over fences and both times pulled out on the day.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                                Every Gordon Elliott horse entered in a handicap could end up a plot.

Comment

Working...
                                X