Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Related Doubles (ideas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
    Certainly worth a dabble. Maybe the other way around as well ?
    The other way round would hinge on news regarding Honeysuckle staying over hurdles and I'd back that one then as it still wouldn't be a slam dunk, in my opinion anyway.

This way round I feel is a slam dunk.

We'll see. Shouldn't really be speculating this far out but there we are.

Comment

Nearly Men Double.....Melon Ryanair and Monalee GC.

Comment

An Owner Yankee?

Shishkin (Arkle)
        The Big Getaway (RSA/NH Chase)?
        Melon (Ryanair)
        Al Boum Photo (Gold Cup)

The Shishkin / Al Boum Photo win double landed this year, and the all 4 of them were in the frame last year.

Comment

Not usually a fan of multiples but that one has a nice look to it, at the price youll get

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            An Owner Yankee?

Shishkin (Arkle)
            The Big Getaway (RSA/NH Chase)?
            Melon (Ryanair)
            Al Boum Photo (Gold Cup)

The Shishkin / Al Boum Photo win double landed this year, and the all 4 of them were in the frame last year.
            Been backing these (not added to diary yet), plus doing Cheveley Park, and will likely do a small RR/Gigginstown one. Seem to get drawn into doing them near enough every season.

I done the trixie last minute, season just gone, but had Asterion Forlonge instead of Shishkin Left The Big Getaway out also

I added Asterion Forlonge for this one though, to make a Canadian/Super Yankee, for the Marsh as well as the 4 above you've mentioned. TBG obviously RSA

Comment

Did trainer trebles last year

MIN
              AL BOUM
              APPRECIATE IT

Shinskin
              Champ
              Santini

Close no cigar

Comment

As you've probably seen elsewhere on here, I'm an advocate of each way trixies with the doubles and treble as separate bets just in case there's news of an injury or an alternative target. Looking at those bets you might benefit from a change in strategy Arkle.
                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Injuries lead to one e/w double for 8 staked played around with trixies two season ago said I wouldn’t touch them again going to play singles and a monthly yankee until the festival my free bets will be going on doubles

Comment

I understand this won't be everyone's cup of tea but what about the Kenneth Alexander Mares Hurdle / Mares Chase double? We know he is a big advocator of the mares program and the plan is for Honeysuckle to stay over hurdles and Elfile to go over fences. The MH / MC double pays 57.5/1 with skybet. Have added myself for 1 point.

Comment

Sounds a great idea, obviously youll have the worry that Honeysuckle could go CH but looks much more likely she will support the mares programme and go for the girls race

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                        I understand this won't be everyone's cup of tea but what about the Kenneth Alexander Mares Hurdle / Mares Chase double? We know he is a big advocator of the mares program and the plan is for Honeysuckle to stay over hurdles and Elfile to go over fences. The MH / MC double pays 57.5/1 with skybet. Have added myself for 1 point.
                        Can't knock that at all. Good shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                          I do like that one, well spotted.

Just noticed I've already backed it 0.5 pts e/w as I went to add it
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 10 August 2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Most of mine already mentioned

Would add...

-Epatante / Honeysuckle (day 1) as keeping them apart......and repeats a nice one for me last year
                            - Chacun / Min.....if trust Chacun to be fit
                            Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Thinking aloud here, so bear with me.....

With Melon most likely to go Ryanair, is there any mileage in an EW double with Min in the QMCC?

Yes, Min is the reigning champ in the Ryanair (and arguably his best trip) BUT:
                              1) His form over 2m at Cheltenham is hardly bad
                              2) Will Chacun ever make it to a festival
                              3) The 2m division is wide open
                              4) He won’t have a “prime” Altior to chase home

A little early to play Mullins Bingo BUT a Small EW play for two proven festival performers, may be worth a small investment...

Mullins may want to keep them apart and whilst they are in different ownership, Ricci could be persuaded to go for the more prestigious race (if it seems winnable)....

(I am also wary of backing 10 year olds in Champ races BUT both Sprinter and Special Tiara have won this recently as 10 yr olds)

If they both line up is the respective races, you’d fancy them both to place.....

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                                With Melon most likely to go Ryanair, is there any mileage in an EW double with Min in the QMCC?
                                I thought Min had proved himself several times not to be a 2 miler.
                                As the reigning Ryanair 'champion' (that clown O'Learly will love that) and a horse who will be 10 come raceday, I'd say his chances of heading to the QM are near zero...

Comment

Working...
                                X