Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Related Doubles (ideas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said “bear with me!”

Two 10 year old winners in the last 5 runnings.
    He could do a “Politologue” and run them ragged from the front...??

No? OK.... I’ll get my coat!

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
      I said “bear with me!”

Two 10 year old winners in the last 5 runnings.
      He could do a “Politologue” and run them ragged from the front...??

No? OK.... I’ll get my coat!
      I thought it was "bare with me" and it's not, it is "bear with me"... mad.

I don't think it's a terrible idea as a related double by any stretch Leman, my main worry would be there being no reason whatsoever to "split them".... both could very easily run in the same race... You can't argue that both will be trhe standout, no1 contenders for connections, this far out, so I'd avoid it personally.

Comment

I even googled it to make sure! (Every day’s a school day...)

Maybe one to throw a Freebie at!

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          I thought Min had proved himself several times not to be a 2 miler.
          As the reigning Ryanair 'champion' (that clown O'Learly will love that) and a horse who will be 10 come raceday, I'd say his chances of heading to the QM are near zero...
          You are bang on Ista. Zero chance, IMO, also.

I think you've got more chance of Min stepping up yet again, to the Gold Cup, but ultimately I think it will be Ryanair again for him.

I can't see him winning it but I can see him then going to Aintree to hose up once again (this all assuming he is fit and well of course).

Comment

Not sure if this one has been mentioned before but one that may be of interest, although both could turn up in the same races.

Envoi Allen (Marsh/RSA)
            Easywork (Marsh/RSA

The EA Marsh Easywork RSA 103/1 with 365
            The EA RSA Easywork Marsh 118/1 with 365

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Might be a good idea to have all these in one place and add to them as the season goes on with what we think may be strong bits of form.

The Imperial Aura / Simply The Betts one came off and I'm sure there were others.

As I've just watched the Albert Bartlett back, I'd say that's a good starting point.

Thyme Hill (Stayers) 16/1
              Monkfish 10/1 or Fury Road/Latest Exhibition (RSA) 16/1

Could potentially be a nice double?

Also, from the Supreme if we hear Shishkin is confirmed as novice chasing...:
              Shishkin (Arkle)
              Abacadabras (Champion Hurdle)

No rush, but a couple to get us off the mark!
              As I've mentioned in my diary, Fury Road now a contender with Monkfish in the RSA too - backed this at 233/1 earlier, still over 200/1 now.

I also am considering a very speculative 'Gigginstown' double for the Thursday, as if Fury Road is being targetted there, I can just envisgae a big 45 minutes from that clan after Samcro wins them 'their' money back in the Ryanair.

That one is best priced 272/1 with WH, which is alright.

Comment

As I've mentioned in my diary, Fury Road now a contender with Monkfish in the RSA too - backed this at 233/1 earlier, still over 200/1 now.

I also am considering a very speculative 'Gigginstown' double for the Thursday, as if Fury Road is being targetted there, I can just envisgae a big 45 minutes from that clan after Samcro wins them 'their' money back in the Ryanair.

That one is best priced 272/1 with WH, which is alright.
                Might as well throw in envoi and make it a big two hours for gordon

Comment

I put a Paisley Park in the Stayers (7/1) and Latest Exhibition TWAR (10/1) double on yesterday with PP. The related angle is because they both lost shoes in running last festival, Paisley lost 2 and Latest Exhibition lost 1. It’s an 88/1 chance.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                    I put a Paisley Park in the Stayers (7/1) and Latest Exhibition TWAR (10/1) double on yesterday with PP. The related angle is because they both lost shoes in running last festival, Paisley lost 2 and Latest Exhibition lost 1. It’s an 88/1 chance.
                    He was actually diagnosed (Paisley Park) with an irregular heartbeat after his defeat in the Stayer’s 100% certain.

Comment

Originally posted by EnvoyAllen View Post
                      He was actually diagnosed (Paisley Park) with an irregular heartbeat after his defeat in the Stayer’s 100% certain.
                      And I read he also lost 2 shoes so his really did have reasons to struggle during this race

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                        Haha...made me chuckle that one

Comment

Here'a long-priced one on HDB day 1

Minella Melody staying hurdling and obvious target is Mares.....so, if looking good they could switch Honeysuckle to CH, which Henry is still saying an option

Double is a very large price for a small stake
                          Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
                            Here'a long-priced one on HDB day 1

Minella Melody staying hurdling and obvious target is Mares.....so, if looking good they could switch Honeysuckle to CH, which Henry is still saying an option

Double is a very large price for a small stake
                            Yeah could be a good angle... like the thought process.

What's the best price.

Comment

Yeah could be a good angle... like the thought process.

What's the best price.
                              577-1 PP/BF.....but i always avoid using my fav accounts for bets like this.....stick to ones that don't like me
                              Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
                                577-1 PP/BF.....but i always avoid using my fav accounts for bets like this.....stick to ones that don't like me
                                Fair enough, pretty big.

PP give out enough free bets to make that worthwhile perhaps?

I don't think I'd back it with cash, but it's a good angle.

Comment

Working...
                                X