Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Related Doubles (ideas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Related Doubles (ideas)

Might be a good idea to have all these in one place and add to them as the season goes on with what we think may be strong bits of form.

The Imperial Aura / Simply The Betts one came off and I'm sure there were others.

As I've just watched the Albert Bartlett back, I'd say that's a good starting point.

Thyme Hill (Stayers) 16/1
    Monkfish 10/1 or Fury Road/Latest Exhibition (RSA) 16/1

Could potentially be a nice double?

Also, from the Supreme if we hear Shishkin is confirmed as novice chasing...:
    Shishkin (Arkle)
    Abacadabras (Champion Hurdle)

No rush, but a couple to get us off the mark!
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 16 May 2020, 09:26 AM.

The Rich Ricci double:
    Monkfish (RSA) 10/1
    Aione (NHC) 33/1

Comment

The most obvious one is Shishkin Arkle / Abacadabas CH

I know the IA / Simply the Betts double must have won our fearless leader a pretty penny

Comment

Originally posted by SamuelP View Post
        The Rich Ricci double:
        Monkfish (RSA) 10/1
        Aione (NHC) 33/1
        Both from the Albert Bartlett, yeah

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
        The most obvious one is Shishkin Arkle / Abacadabas CH

I know the IA / Simply the Betts double must have won our fearless leader a pretty penny
        I know plenty followed it too

Comment

Kev are you referring specifically to horses related by previously competed events or any kind of remote relation ?

I’ve played the Fakir Doudaries QM/Defi du Seuil Ryanair double a few times, if that counts....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            Kev are you referring specifically to horses related by previously competed events or any kind of remote relation ?

I’ve played the Fakir Doudaries QM/Defi du Seuil Ryanair double a few times, if that counts....
            Previously raced in the same race ideally, most interested in a strong form line.

It does still count as related if they're kept apart fopr same ownership etc, it's just less form related.... but no right or wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Supposing that there may be more chance of Fakir being beaten over 2m (Chacun) than Defi (Altior maybe) on the road to Cheltenham, could the targets potentially be the other way round? Also I don't think JP would be certain not to throw 2 darts at the Champion Chase

Comment

Put the kettle on (qm)
                Gypsy island (mares novice)
                Robin de carlow (any race)

Sorry that's a treble haha

Comment

I know some people don't rate the form of this year's Bumper but in my opinion both Ferny Hollow and Appreciate It look pretty good to me. So based on Patrick Mullins comments about looking forward to trying Appreciate over a longer distance, I'm keen on:

# Ferny Hollow (Supreme) 10s
                  # Appreciate Albert Bartlett) 20s

Comment

I’ve got TWAR double with Allaho and Third Time Lucki because it will hopefully be Allaho’s 3rd attempt at winning.

Comment

1) Monkfish - RSA & Thyme Hill - Stayers
                      2) Shishkin - Arkle & Aba - CHurdle
                      3) Benie - Mares & Honeysuckle - Mares Chase
                      4) Ferny Hollow - Supreme & Queens Brook - Mares Novice

The Barlett form I think will turn out to be very strong (Potentially Fury Road / Aoine for the National Hunt from the Race too). Monkfish for me one of the most exciting horses for the year going forward.

Think Henry will send Honeysuckle for the Chase

Queens Brook looks a fair price at 12/1 (combined with Gypsy uncertainty)
                      Last edited by Run4Home; 12 May 2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Had a quick check through my diary page and the only related double from my list would be Farouk D’alene (Ballymore) and Stattler (Albert Bartlett).

Comment

What about the double that landed profit for the monthly yankees

Envoi & samcro to do it again
                          Marsh & Ryanair

Comment

Latest Exhibition RSA / Thyme Hill stayers hurdle.

Comment

Ferny Hollow (Ballymore) & Appreciate it (AB), all over that like a rash. I think the those 2 Bumper horses looked very good tbh and I can see them going the same route as EA with Ferny

Comment

Working...
                              X