Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Return of Horse Racing in the UK and Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of Horse Racing in the UK and Ireland

I can't see an active thread on this which i find surprising.

Racing to resume in the UK before June is now 6/4 having been odds on yesterday and racing to resume before July is 2/11. You'd have to think Royal Ascot to go ahead on June 16th is very unlikely albeit still 13/8

Racing have submitted a re-start programme that sees the first UK race meeting on Fri 15th May, whilst that may be ambitious I think the principal the BHA are adopting is that everything is in place for racing to be staged within a week of receiving the green light from government.
    I don't think anyone is expecting Boris to lift all restrictions when he speaks on Sunday but with several European countries taking the decision to get racing again we, in the UK, have the benefit of being able to monitor and learn from them.

I'd say Ascot is a certainty to go ahead, the only way it doesn't is if France and/or Germany have a relapse and racing there is abandoned again...

Comment

From what i understand (and of course we will know more tomorrow) but current restictions will be in place for the next 3 weeks, taking us until the end of May. If, and i think that's a big if, racing is given the green light to go ahead, then assuming racing needs a week to get ready you have one or maybe two weeks to race before Ascot.

I'd say Ascot to go ahead on the 16th is very very unlikley, out to 7/2 on Betfair now

Comment

Working...
      X