Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Hills TWAR Movers & Shakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
    Will update the new entrants when I get a chance but interestingly Ballyadam has been pushed back out, from 7/1 back to 10/1.
    I would think they had no takers, at 7's, and realised they had under priced the horse.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Monkfish by a country mile has been the biggest AP mover so far. 10/1 into 11/2 in the TWAR market is a big eye opener.

Comment

I saw Fakir Doudaries 8/1 any race with PP earlier, thought I was seeing things...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          I saw Fakir Doudaries 8/1 any race with PP earlier, thought I was seeing things...
          He is with Paddies but a lot bigger elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            He is with Paddies but a lot bigger elsewhere
            It’s the disparity with others that alarmed me, 14/1 generally available, if PP didn’t want to take a bet go 12/1 but 8/1, they’re shorter FD in the QM market too, what might they know...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              It’s the disparity with others that alarmed me, 14/1 generally available, if PP didn’t want to take a bet go 12/1 but 8/1, they’re shorter FD in the QM market too, what might they know...
              Yep, good shout. It does make you think. Fakir is a very decent TWAR price @ 14/1 as he'd have a big chance in the Champion Chase and Ryanair.

Comment

...Galvin is one I want onside & there is quite a disparity in a/r markets; 22-1 Hills (with boost); 14-1 PP; 12-1 SkyBet.

Comment

Galvin def of interest in that market, but no rush to get involved yet, wont be a flood of money for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                    ...Galvin is one I want onside & there is quite a disparity in a/r markets; 22-1 Hills (with boost); 14-1 PP; 12-1 SkyBet.
                    Good spot. I like a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                      Galvin def of interest in that market, but no rush to get involved yet, wont be a flood of money for him?
                      You'd hope not.

Similar to Discorama perhaps, whereby he's got placed festival form and he will be a decent price and the shrewdies on here will spot him early enough for us to get on the right target, before the inevitable plunge on him much later on.

20/1, with 3 places - I'd be disappointed if I can't get better than that on him at some point to be honest.

It isn't a great price by any stretch, for all that he's clearly interesting. Really, he's only got the Brown Plate, Ultima or Grand Annual that he'd be good enough for?

His NRNB price for each, with 4 places, should be 20/1 at least....

Comment

Updated page 1 to have all horses that Hills currently have in the market. Whilst doing so, I noticed that Ferny Hollow had again been trimmed and is now 7/1 from 8's (having originally been 10's).

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                          Updated page 1 to have all horses that Hills currently have in the market. Whilst doing so, I noticed that Ferny Hollow had again been trimmed and is now 7/1 from 8's (having originally been 10's).
                          ....good work, HE. Appreciated.

Comment

I went to a Hills shop in the hope that the betting terminals would still allow any race multiples, but they don't.

Added 0.5pt ew on Fury Road at 14/1 while I was in

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              I went to a Hills shop in the hope that the betting terminals would still allow any race multiples, but they don't.

Added 0.5pt ew on Fury Road at 14/1 while I was in
                              ...15-1 (with boost) is a terrific price given its 16-1 best priced for the RSA. Can’t see that TWAR price holding for much longer.

Comment

Quite a lot of movement today:

Ballyadam clipped a point from 10's to 9's.
                                PTKO 11's from 12's.
                                Salsaretta 7's from 8's
                                The bosses Oscar 14's from 16's
                                The Big Breakaway 16's from 20's

I thought this market would quieten down with the flat racing resuming but it seems more buoyant than ever!
                                Last edited by Hardy Eustace; 1 July 2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X