Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Hills TWAR Movers & Shakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
    Quite a lot of movement today:

Ballyadam clipped a point from 10's to 9's.
    PTKO 11's from 12's.
    Salsaretta 7's from 8's
    The bosses Oscar 14's from 16's
    The Big Breakaway 16's from 20's

I thought this market would quieten down with the flat racing resuming but it seems more buoyant than ever!
    PTKO still great value when you think she is 8's to win Mares Chase. Everyone needs to get on. TBB is a proper TWAR horse . He could go Marsh, RSA or NHC and would have chances in all.

Comment

Quite a lot of movement today:

Ballyadam clipped a point from 10's to 9's.
      PTKO 11's from 12's.
      Salsaretta 7's from 8's
      The bosses Oscar 14's from 16's
      The Big Breakaway 16's from 20's

I thought this market would quieten down with the flat racing resuming but it seems more buoyant than ever!
      Salsaretta 7/1

Who is backing that?!

People backing her for the Mares Chase I suppose, but crickey... if she ends up in any race other than the Mares Chase she'd be a double figure price without any shadow of a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Salsaretta 7/1

Who is backing that?!

People backing her for the Mares Chase I suppose, but crickey... if she ends up in any race other than the Mares Chase she'd be a double figure price without any shadow of a doubt.
        Agree, don't get that price at all. Was lucky to win last time in a poor looking race. Honey would eat her for breakfast.

Comment

Agree with you there re: TBB - after the Cheltenham Tizzard had last year I cant be backing him with cash but will be sticking some free bets on (he is 20's with sky TWAR) and am building up to get a 1pt worth of free bets on him with them. Was a taking run in the ballymore.

Comment

Galvin into 10/1 TWAR with Sky after yesterday's stroll. Remains 20/1 with Hills.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
              Galvin into 10/1 TWAR with Sky after yesterday's stroll. Remains 20/1 with Hills.
              Interesting he was cut after winning at 2/15. Classic shady bookmaking. Would you have him in your handicap shortlist or do you think he can progress and be a grade 1 novice?

Comment

Interesting he was cut after winning at 2/15. Classic shady bookmaking. Would you have him in your handicap shortlist or do you think he can progress and be a grade 1 novice?
                Hoping Handicaps . Think he'd be competitive off top weight. He won't be good enough for anything else. Stayers maybe but that would be a longshot. 20/1 TWAR to cover every angle and remove any stress is perfect for me.

Comment

Hoping Handicaps . Think he'd be competitive off top weight. He won't be good enough for anything else. Stayers maybe but that would be a longshot. 20/1 TWAR to cover every angle and remove any stress is perfect for me.
                  Can definitely see the logic in that!

Comment

Can definitely see the logic in that!
                    Still eligible for NHC as well ??

Comment

Still eligible for NHC as well ??
                      would need to run over 2 mile 7+ and finish in the top 4 but would be if he did.

Comment

would need to run over 2 mile 7+ and finish in the top 4 but would be if he did.
                        Think we've dropped on one here. Has the look of a Ravenhill to me and not unlike the profile of Rathvinden who was on the go all summer before winning the 4 miler. Backed Rathvinden at about this time of year at 33/1 so happy to have 20/1 Galvin.

Comment

Davy Russell said: "it wasn't much of a race but it was nice to get him out and was ideal for him.

"He is versatile enough ground-wise and if he was to be competitive in a Galway Plate he'd have to reproduce his career best form."

Galway Plate entries 15/7. Handicap calculated 20/7.

He couldn't win this year off 142 but, based on the horses behind him, his current rating of 148 is about right. It's a great shame that Punchestown was off because you'd have thought that he'd have gone for the valuable novice handicap and, potentially, backed up that rating.

For the reasons previously given, they are absolutely not looking at Cheltenham yet.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                            Davy Russell said: "it wasn't much of a race but it was nice to get him out and was ideal for him.

"He is versatile enough ground-wise and if he was to be competitive in a Galway Plate he'd have to reproduce his career best form."

Galway Plate entries 15/7. Handicap calculated 20/7.

He couldn't win this year off 142 but, based on the horses behind him, his current rating of 148 is about right. It's a great shame that Punchestown was off because you'd have thought that he'd have gone for the valuable novice handicap and, potentially, backed up that rating.

For the reasons previously given, they are absolutely not looking at Cheltenham yet.
                            Rathvinden won at Galway.....

Comment

Think we've dropped on one here. Has the look of a Ravenhill to me and not unlike the profile of Rathvinden who was on the go all summer before winning the 4 miler. Backed Rathvinden at about this time of year at 33/1 so happy to have 20/1 Galvin.
                              I have to say I'm so surprised at the urgency to get him backed!

20/1 for a horse that placed in a handicap.

If he has any hope of winning at the festival, you'd want him to be winning the Galway Plate, or going pretty damn close to winning it. Break your rule and have a bet on his actual target?

I just can't understand why 20/1 would be value for any race at Cheltenham now, I don't get it at all chaps

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                I have to say I'm so surprised at the urgency to get him backed!

20/1 for a horse that placed in a handicap.

If he has any hope of winning at the festival, you'd want him to be winning the Galway Plate, or going pretty damn close to winning it. Break your rule and have a bet on his actual target?

I just can't understand why 20/1 would be value for any race at Cheltenham now, I don't get it at all chaps
                                Someone at Sky thinks 20/1 is value lol ! If he turns up at Cheltenham for a handicap or the NHC he'll not be 20's and if he keeps winning through the summer like Rathvinden he deffo won't be. Happy to have him in the bag. Don't have to worry about him now. Keep it simple is my motto.

Comment

Working...
                                X