Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ante Post bets and the Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ante Post bets and the Virus

Hypothetical question maybe, but here goes.

Let’s assume the English 2000, 1000, and Derby go ahead - probably behind closed doors - but virus-related restrictions on travel might mean that no runners from Ireland or France will be allowed to enter the U.K. (and vice versa for Ireland and France re U.K. runners). What would be the status of any Ante Post bets on those races where an overseas based horse is prevented from running by government rulings. ‘Void’ or losers on the basis of ‘all in run or not’?

Anyone know for sure? Or maybe it’s too early to ask.

John

I think I can answer that with some confidence John, all AP bets will stand as placed.
    I had some very good positions in the foot and mouth year and when It became clear travel restrictions would impact non UK horses travelling I was pressing a number of UK horses, notably Lord Noellie in the Gold Cup at all rates from 33/1 to 6/1, he was 6/4 fav when the festival was called off.
    There’s no reason to think bookmakers would have any excuse to adjust the terms of any bets placed, for me all bets are 100% certain to stand as placed...

Comment

Thanks Istabraq. I’d tend to see it that way myself. It would hit a few bets I have, but nothing major.

Comment

Working...
      X