Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Derby 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aidan O’Brien could look to Epsom with both Love and Peaceful, winners of the English and Irish 1000 Guineas respectively.

Comment

Good spot Archie, hadn't seen this. I hadn't given up on Mogul, he was big and there will be loads to come from him. Same for Japan, next time you will see different horses. Hopefully.

Comment

Mogul as short as 7s again now. It seems some are expecting a huge amount of improvement. Be interesting to see jockey bookings once we know runners

Comment

From the RP:
          "There was also news from the Tipperary base on Thursday morning regarding the Ballydoyle contenders for the Investec Derby on Saturday week, with Royal Ascot scorer Russian Emperor set to be joined by Mogul, who disappointed at the same meeting, as well as Irish 2,000 Guineas second Vatican City."

Comment

Military March suffered a setback and misses the Derby

Comment

Added a few more for the Derby with the news coming today.
              Already got
              Kameko 2pt 14-1
              English King 2pt 16-1
              Russian Emperor 1pt 45-1

Have added
              Pyledriver 1pt 22-1

And three on exchange just in case they run.

Alaasy 0.5pt 110-1
              First Receiver 0.5pt 100-1
              Almighwar 0.5pt 450-1

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                Added a few more for the Derby with the news coming today.
                Already got
                Kameko 2pt 14-1
                English King 2pt 16-1
                Russian Emperor 1pt 45-1

Have added
                Pyledriver 1pt 22-1

And three on exchange just in case they run.

Alaasy 0.5pt 110-1
                First Receiver 0.5pt 100-1
                Almighwar 0.5pt 450-1
                Nice position.

Any bet you make more is relatively poor value from this point on?

You've got it by da balls

Comment

Backed Khalifa Sat 33/1 E/W.

Can just see it now as Tom Marquand dicks Dettori on the line

Comment

Hugh Taylor has put up Highland Chief before i bloody backed him...always annoying when he lands on one, my fault though for hanging on to see the likely runners. Wouldn't be an exciting winner but that performance at Ascot was decent + by RPRs he's up there with even English King! Would be nice to see Rossa Ryan get a good spin.

Comment

Where does everyone stand on the Derby?

English King was impressive but the form of his trial win is questionable - easy to oppose for me.
                      Kameko - could be best at 10F and I'd be worried about him staying the trip.
                      Pyledriver - not for me. Form too a knock yesterday.

Aiden O'Brien cleaned up in the Irish Derby yesterday (that must have been some maiden btw) and you'd imagine his best 3 year olds are coming to Epsom.

Vatican City, Mogul and Russian Emperor look likely to line up and I might dutch them. A slight preference is for VC at this stage (small bet at 12/1 so far). His breeding would suggest the Derby trip could stretch him but he looked like needed a trip in the Irish 2000G.

Comment

Wasn't English King's form given a pretty decent boost yesterday ??

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                          Wasn't English King's form given a pretty decent boost yesterday ??
                          Not that I can see

Comment

Berkshire Rocco v Santiago
                            English King Jogged away from him with a nudge and a wink.

Both races the rest were well behind.

Price looks too short though - I get that.

Comment

Aiden mentioning possibility of entries for the Irish Derby runners.
                              I'd be interested in Dawn Patrol based on yesterday
                              might chance it.

Comment

English King must have a massive chance next week but I've missed the prices so the 2 I've gone against him with are Kameko and Mogul who you can still get 5s and 10s. I'm sure the prices will shorten again after the declarations are confirmed tomorrow.

Kameko. Everything has gone to plan since the guineas and he is a horse who relaxes well during a race which will help him see out the trip. There are stamina doubts but I thought his relative, Roaring Lion, ran a great race to finish 3rd in his Derby so I'm hoping Kameko's class will see him put up a good performance. The weather forecast this week doesn't look too bad so G/F ground would increase his chances.

Mogul. I backed him antepost so I'm really hoping that he was only half fit at Royal Ascot which would mean that his run was not bad at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X