Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Derby 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
    Basically if your in 1,2 or 3 your fucked!
    It's stall 1 that has had literally zero wins isn't it?

With some favs beaten from that stall, too?

Comment

This from before last year's race:
      https://bettingmarket.com/epsomdraw....20the%20fourth.

13 runners last year and the first 5 were drawn
      7-6-11-8-13
      Last edited by archie; 2 July 2020, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        It's stall 1 that has had literally zero wins isn't it?

With some favs beaten from that stall, too?
        I thought I saw somewhere that a horse hasn't won the Derby from stall 1 since Oath in 1999?

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          I thought I saw somewhere that a horse hasn't won the Derby from stall 1 since Oath in 1999?
          Yes thats right

Comment

Aye, could well be. I recall someone saying it was zero in that (or perhaps The Oaks)?

I'm getting very tempted to pull the trigger on Russian Emperor now with that draw. He may get shorter depending on jockey bookings. Then again he might not, and might be better places at the same price.

Comment

Least Moore has kept the faith with Mogul. That’s one positive.

Comment

Aye, could well be. I recall someone saying it was zero in that (or perhaps The Oaks)?

I'm getting very tempted to pull the trigger on Russian Emperor now with that draw. He may get shorter depending on jockey bookings. Then again he might not, and might be better places at the same price.
                Yeah, backed him this morning, surprised Hills have gone 7's about him since the draw

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
                  Least Moore has kept the faith with Mogul. That’s one positive.
                  He must be showing plenty at home because there is no way Ryan would be riding purely on the back of the Ascot run.

If Vatican City is out of the frame, I'll be cheering him home for you PIK. Will you sleep easy on Friday night?

Comment

Out of interest, does anyone have the numbers for higher draws?

Comment

Yeah, backed him this morning, surprised Hills have gone 7's about him since the draw
                      Moore on Mogul perhaps the reason?

That wouldn't put me off AT ALL.

Was on the right side of Anthony Van Dyck with Heffernan on board... so when he's firing 6 at the race I'll take my chances.

Where are the jockeys, racing post doesn't have them up yet?

Comment

Just stealing this tweet:

The top 4 O'Brien horses in the Derby can be dutched at around 6/4.

If the betting looked like this:
                        6/4 - Mogul, Russian Emperor, Vatican City OR Serpentine
                        11/4 - English King
                        4/1 - Kameko

Who would people be on?

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                          Out of interest, does anyone have the numbers for higher draws?
                          Think the draw bias is overplayed for this race.
                          They've had stalls for the last 52 years and stall one has won 3 times.
                          Which considering the number of runners has sometimes been as high as 24, it isn't that bad.
                          Don't think stall 2 has ever won though ??
                          Which goes to show it's not that important really.
                          The jockey and the horses ability is more important.

I think in 12f races at epsom there is a slight long term bias towards the higher drawn but it's marginal from my research.
                          Especially in comparison to the Ascot 12f races and Chester etc.

Comment

Just stealing this tweet:

The top 4 O'Brien horses in the Derby can be dutched at around 6/4.

If the betting looked like this:
                            6/4 - Mogul, Russian Emperor, Vatican City OR Serpentine
                            11/4 - English King
                            4/1 - Kameko

Who would people be on?
                            Would have to be with the Ballydoyle battalion.

Comment

I live a 2 minute walk from Tattenham Corner and Epsom Downs and the rain is torrential at the moment. Heavy downpours yesterday too. Supposed to be like it for the rest of the day although may clear tomorrow. I usually have a walk over there most evenings although fences are up at the moment. Can't see it drying out too much though.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                He must be showing plenty at home because there is no way Ryan would be riding purely on the back of the Ascot run.

If Vatican City is out of the frame, I'll be cheering him home for you PIK. Will you sleep easy on Friday night?
                                Hahaha what will be will be mate. I’ve got a chunk queued up at 6 on the machine to lay so I’ll be well in front whatever. Just need price to contract a little more but have to lay at a bit longer if not.

Comment

Working...
                                X