Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Royal Ascot 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Ascot 2020

A place to discuss Royal Ascot

What are the chances of Royal Ascot taking place?

Even if it goes ahead, what will they do with the 2 year old races?

Comment

Wouldn't like to price it up.

This section will be dead until we're hey done clarity, but at least it's set up ready, just in case!

Comment

I thought they'd already said it will go ahead , behind closed doors. ??.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
          I thought they'd already said it will go ahead , behind closed doors. ??.
          I think that's on the proviso that they get the go ahead from the powers that be.

As an aside, racing to go ahead by 1st June traded at 1.34 yesterday so there may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

For Royal Ascot, the movement of horses from USA, Australia, France, Ireland etc, has been a big feature this century, and it will be interesting to see if this can be captured when the time comes to say whether Royal Ascot is on or not.

I though the plan for the racecourse is to stick to the mid-June week, but without any crowds, and if this date isn’t possible, then they don’t have Royal Ascot this year (and it’s cancelled, like Wimbledon tennis championships).
            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Just seen Royal Ascot is trading around 6/4 to go ahead this year. Clive Cox is on ATR site saying how well a couple of his horses have done over the winter. GOLDEN HORDE has done very well according to Cox and he says he will stick to 6f and target the Commonwealth Cup. He said if the race is on the horse is running. He has some strong 2 year old form and with positive comments I think the 16/1 is worth taking with 365. I’d be surprised if he’s not at least half that if the race goes ahead so your cashout will be profitable or you could lay for stake back a little profit or just let it ride. Obviously if the meeting doesn’t make it, it’s just money back and no damage done.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
                Just seen Royal Ascot is trading around 6/4 to go ahead this year. Clive Cox is on ATR site saying how well a couple of his horses have done over the winter. GOLDEN HORDE has done very well according to Cox and he says he will stick to 6f and target the Commonwealth Cup. He said if the race is on the horse is running. He has some strong 2 year old form and with positive comments I think the 16/1 is worth taking with 365. I’d be surprised if he’s not at least half that if the race goes ahead so your cashout will be profitable or you could lay for stake back a little profit or just let it ride. Obviously if the meeting doesn’t make it, it’s just money back and no damage done.
                Yeah doesn't have much to find with Earthlight who is the current ante post fav at 10/1.
                Being French he may not come over either.

Will watch his races back but I may well make Golden Horde a bet today.

Comment

It's 1.36 for Royal Ascot to go ahead on the 16th June, down from 3.1 when I last checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    It's 1.36 for Royal Ascot to go ahead on the 16th June, down from 3.1 when I last checked.
                    That's a real positive shift. Let's hope it's accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      That looks a bet.
                      With racing resuming on 1st June only a significant increase in infections and/or huge distancing issues can stop the meeting taking place and Ireland have proved you can stage a meeting and safely distance everyone.
                      1.36 looks a proper bet though won't be for everyone...

Comment

Wonder will Earthlight make the trip? Would make him a right bet at 8/1 for the Commonwealth Cup if he coming.
                        Quarantine rules may make it difficult for all trainers coming into the UK though - would they use other trainers staff in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                          Wonder will Earthlight make the trip? Would make him a right bet at 8/1 for the Commonwealth Cup if he coming.
                          Quarantine rules may make it difficult for all trainers coming into the UK though - would they use other trainers staff in the UK?

No quarantine for people travelling from france or ire

Comment

Originally posted by thorne365 View Post
                            No quarantine for people travelling from france or ire
                            I don't think that agreement ever went through in the end for France it was only talked about.

And even if it did Quarantine would apply on return to Ireland for example for anyone who travels - ie Jockeys, Trainers, Stable Staff would be basically out of action for 14 days on return.

Comment

I make nothing a bet at Ascot until some clarity is provided on how this will operate.

Would presume Aidan will be very keen to get some racing here, but will they need their runs etc. With advanced notice he can replicate all sorts of races with the facilities he has.

Crolwey, they should just get a flight to Belfast and go down that way. No quarantine haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X