Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Royal Ascot 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the ‘yes’ for racing to go ahead drifted to 1.44 so took some and left an order up, now 1.36.
    No doubt the market thinks my order is info money which shows how easy it is to set off a false gamble....

Comment

Been chipping away at King of Change in the Queen Anne. See Hannon has confirmed the target and has put him up there with the best milers he has trained. If he’s on par with the likes of Canford Cliffs & Toronado then 5s is still a right good price imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
        Been chipping away at King of Change in the Queen Anne. See Hannon has confirmed the target and has put him up there with the best milers he has trained. If he’s on par with the likes of Canford Cliffs & Toronado then 5s is still a right good price imo.
        Cheers MS followed you in on this one (5.4s boosted) and Pierre Lapin at 7.5/1. Don’t follow the flat but do really like Royal Ascot and a price shortner

Comment

Love Royal Ascot, one of only a few times I get involved in flat racing.

Comment

Was 1.40 earlier now 1.33 to go ahead.
            Some positive feedback from government finding its way into the market no doubt....

Comment

Extra races
              Earlier start times
              Only criticism would be not switching to a Sunday finish.

Edit - and on second thoughts, later start times finishing later would have been better also

Might as well take the limelight whilst you can
              Last edited by Quevega; 22 May 2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

It only clicked for me a couple of days ago I'll be working from home whilst racing (and Royal Ascot) returns.

Could be the start of a whole new world.

I largely let Mon to Fri racing pass me by bar the odd Novice Chase debut haha.

Although the year SDS won the title I had him as part of a multi sport accumulator so I did take a keen interest then. Good times

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  It only clicked for me a couple of days ago I'll be working from home whilst racing (and Royal Ascot) returns.

Could be the start of a whole new world.

Although the year SDS won the title I had him as part of a multi sport accumulator so I did take a keen interest then. Good times
                  Think I’m likely to do my kitty some real damage with racing when it starts back up
                  Especially ascot
                  No recent form
                  And working less than an hour a day.
                  Will need a lot of luck
                  But I’ll fucking enjoy it no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I remember taking the afternoon off work to watch Peddlers Cross debut over fences (at Bangor I think). Love a novice chaser debut.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                      Think I’m likely to do my kitty some real damage with racing when it starts back up
                      Especially ascot
                      No recent form
                      And working less than an hour a day.
                      Will need a lot of luck
                      But I’ll fucking enjoy it no matter what
                      That's my worry Q. I know I'm a losing punter on the flat between March and Royal Ascot. With the anticipation of racing restarting, I could easily see myself digging myself into a hole.

Can't wait though

Comment

Really looking forward to UK and Irish racing resuming and being able to bet on some familiar names and form lines. Already succumbed to betting on some foreign racing but luckily only down a few points. I normally try and not to bet much at the start of the flat season anyway so will need to stay really disciplined when racing does start.
                        For Royal Ascot, I've backed King Of Change at 5s in the Queen Anne but am also interested in King Of Comedy and will back him too i I hear this to be his target. Top priced 16s is way too big IMO. I've also backed Battaash, only at 3s but think he'll be nearer evens on the day and with no Blue Point to beat him, he's a strong banker for me.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungHustler View Post
                          Really looking forward to UK and Irish racing resuming and being able to bet on some familiar names and form lines. Already succumbed to betting on some foreign racing but luckily only down a few points. I normally try and not to bet much at the start of the flat season anyway so will need to stay really disciplined when racing does start.
                          For Royal Ascot, I've backed King Of Change at 5s in the Queen Anne but am also interested in King Of Comedy and will back him too i I hear this to be his target. Top priced 16s is way too big IMO. I've also backed Battaash, only at 3s but think he'll be nearer evens on the day and with no Blue Point to beat him, he's a strong banker for me.
                          Frustrating horse King Of Comedy. He was a naughty boy last year going down to post spoiling his chances for the race itself where his mind just wasn’t on the job. If they’ve sorted his temperament out this year there’s not doubting his ability. I’d like to see him go to post before getting involved. You could well be right with Battaash, I don’t think Ascot is his track but still sets a high standard in what looks a weaker division.

Comment

There must be a chance that Goshen turns up at Ascot. One of the additional races is a handicap over 1m 6f (Copper Horse Handicap) so it'll be interesting to see if it's on his agenda.

Comment

Kimari for commonwealth cup..been all over her at 22s with the boost ladbrokes for last few wks..wesley ward and his staff not travellin over due to travel restrictions but still keen to send her over to race,as think she has great chance..3 yr old race only(so she cudnt race in it nxt yr).gers 3lb fillies allowance..ran cracker to be 2nd in queen mary last yr on soft ground which she hated..ground defo be in her favour this horse..very fast and hint of stamina.and to top it off frankie possibly on board,as has been jocked up by trainer in prev yrs.can only see her price getting smaller,closer get to ascot

Comment

Originally posted by Weldo2204 View Post
                                Kimari for commonwealth cup..been all over her at 22s with the boost ladbrokes for last few wks..wesley ward and his staff not travellin over due to travel restrictions but still keen to send her over to race,as think she has great chance..3 yr old race only(so she cudnt race in it nxt yr).gers 3lb fillies allowance..ran cracker to be 2nd in queen mary last yr on soft ground which she hated..ground defo be in her favour this horse..very fast and hint of stamina.and to top it off frankie possibly on board,as has been jocked up by trainer in prev yrs.can only see her price getting smaller,closer get to ascot
                                I can't disagree with Kimari having a chance if she is definitely making the trip over but feel that there are also going to be absolutely loads of horses in with a chance so I'm going to wait until NRNB. There are far too many good(based on 2 yr old form) and unexposed horses that could potentially line up and I think we'll have the max field possible. Some members on here have already mentioned Golden Horde which I think is a great shout based off last year's form, confirmed target for this race and a great trainer of sprinters. In fact, I'm going to back him now! Pierre Lapin must have improved a hell of a lot and impressing at home for the support he's had but I'm keener on GH.

Comment

Working...
                                X