Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    Self-proclaimed Voice of Reason Quevega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    6,347
    Extra races
    Earlier start times
    Only criticism would be not switching to a Sunday finish.

    Edit - and on second thoughts, later start times finishing later would have been better also

    Might as well take the limelight whilst you can
    Last edited by Quevega; 22nd May 2020 at 02:20 PM.

  2. #22
    Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    15,966
    It only clicked for me a couple of days ago I'll be working from home whilst racing (and Royal Ascot) returns.

    Could be the start of a whole new world.

    I largely let Mon to Fri racing pass me by bar the odd Novice Chase debut haha.

    Although the year SDS won the title I had him as part of a multi sport accumulator so I did take a keen interest then. Good times

  3. #23
    Self-proclaimed Voice of Reason Quevega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    6,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    It only clicked for me a couple of days ago I'll be working from home whilst racing (and Royal Ascot) returns.

    Could be the start of a whole new world.

    I largely let Mon to Fri racing pass me by bar the odd Novice Chase debut haha.

    Although the year SDS won the title I had him as part of a multi sport accumulator so I did take a keen interest then. Good times
    Think I’m likely to do my kitty some real damage with racing when it starts back up
    Especially ascot
    No recent form
    And working less than an hour a day.
    Will need a lot of luck
    But I’ll fucking enjoy it no matter what

  4. #24
    Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Faugheen_Machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    6,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post

    I largely let Mon to Fri racing pass me by bar the odd Novice Chase debut haha.
    I remember taking the afternoon off work to watch Peddlers Cross debut over fences (at Bangor I think). Love a novice chaser debut.

  5. #25
    Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Faugheen_Machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    6,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Quevega View Post
    Think I’m likely to do my kitty some real damage with racing when it starts back up
    Especially ascot
    No recent form
    And working less than an hour a day.
    Will need a lot of luck
    But I’ll fucking enjoy it no matter what
    That's my worry Q. I know I'm a losing punter on the flat between March and Royal Ascot. With the anticipation of racing restarting, I could easily see myself digging myself into a hole.

    Can't wait though

  6. #26
    Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) YoungHustler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    85
    Really looking forward to UK and Irish racing resuming and being able to bet on some familiar names and form lines. Already succumbed to betting on some foreign racing but luckily only down a few points. I normally try and not to bet much at the start of the flat season anyway so will need to stay really disciplined when racing does start.
    For Royal Ascot, I've backed King Of Change at 5s in the Queen Anne but am also interested in King Of Comedy and will back him too i I hear this to be his target. Top priced 16s is way too big IMO. I've also backed Battaash, only at 3s but think he'll be nearer evens on the day and with no Blue Point to beat him, he's a strong banker for me.

  7. #27
    Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Priceiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungHustler View Post
    Really looking forward to UK and Irish racing resuming and being able to bet on some familiar names and form lines. Already succumbed to betting on some foreign racing but luckily only down a few points. I normally try and not to bet much at the start of the flat season anyway so will need to stay really disciplined when racing does start.
    For Royal Ascot, I've backed King Of Change at 5s in the Queen Anne but am also interested in King Of Comedy and will back him too i I hear this to be his target. Top priced 16s is way too big IMO. I've also backed Battaash, only at 3s but think he'll be nearer evens on the day and with no Blue Point to beat him, he's a strong banker for me.
    Frustrating horse King Of Comedy. He was a naughty boy last year going down to post spoiling his chances for the race itself where his mind just wasn’t on the job. If they’ve sorted his temperament out this year there’s not doubting his ability. I’d like to see him go to post before getting involved. You could well be right with Battaash, I don’t think Ascot is his track but still sets a high standard in what looks a weaker division.

  8. #28
    Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Faugheen_Machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    6,418
    There must be a chance that Goshen turns up at Ascot. One of the additional races is a handicap over 1m 6f (Copper Horse Handicap) so it'll be interesting to see if it's on his agenda.

  9. #29
    Apprentice Fat Jockey (7lb claim)
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    19
    Kimari for commonwealth cup..been all over her at 22s with the boost ladbrokes for last few wks..wesley ward and his staff not travellin over due to travel restrictions but still keen to send her over to race,as think she has great chance..3 yr old race only(so she cudnt race in it nxt yr).gers 3lb fillies allowance..ran cracker to be 2nd in queen mary last yr on soft ground which she hated..ground defo be in her favour this horse..very fast and hint of stamina.and to top it off frankie possibly on board,as has been jocked up by trainer in prev yrs.can only see her price getting smaller,closer get to ascot

  10. #30
    Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) YoungHustler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Weldo2204 View Post
    Kimari for commonwealth cup..been all over her at 22s with the boost ladbrokes for last few wks..wesley ward and his staff not travellin over due to travel restrictions but still keen to send her over to race,as think she has great chance..3 yr old race only(so she cudnt race in it nxt yr).gers 3lb fillies allowance..ran cracker to be 2nd in queen mary last yr on soft ground which she hated..ground defo be in her favour this horse..very fast and hint of stamina.and to top it off frankie possibly on board,as has been jocked up by trainer in prev yrs.can only see her price getting smaller,closer get to ascot
    I can't disagree with Kimari having a chance if she is definitely making the trip over but feel that there are also going to be absolutely loads of horses in with a chance so I'm going to wait until NRNB. There are far too many good(based on 2 yr old form) and unexposed horses that could potentially line up and I think we'll have the max field possible. Some members on here have already mentioned Golden Horde which I think is a great shout based off last year's form, confirmed target for this race and a great trainer of sprinters. In fact, I'm going to back him now! Pierre Lapin must have improved a hell of a lot and impressing at home for the support he's had but I'm keener on GH.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •