Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying bolt won the Queen Mother and then placed in the Champion hurdle the day after.

Comment

• Montelado. Bumper then Supreme. Great question!

Comment

• http://www.patflynnracing.com/overvi...ears%20meeting.

and Pollardstown:

Comment

• Used to love it when horses were allowed to run more than once in the week. Remember Mysilv running a big race to finish 6th in the Churdle then came out and ran 2nd in the Stayers. Think Benie would have ran in Stayers this year if she could have doubled up !

Comment

• Didn't Montelado piss up both times ! Monster. Such a shame he got injured. Would have won Churdle.

Comment

• I could be wrong but wasn’t the Bumper the final race for just one year ?
              I assume reverting back was bookmaker led but a competitive handicap would have been preferred to a bumper which, at the time, was a novelty race in the UK...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                I could be wrong but wasn’t the Bumper the final race for just one year ?
                I assume reverting back was bookmaker led but a competitive handicap would have been preferred to a bumper which, at the time, was a novelty race in the UK...

....yes, there is a quiz question about a horse winning two consecutive races at Cheltenham. One was the Bumper at the end of one Festival, followed by the Supreme at the start of the next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                  ....yes, there is a quiz question about a horse winning two consecutive races at Cheltenham. One was the Bumper at the end of one Festival, followed by the Supreme at the start of the next.
                  Quite, so extremely unlikely that Montelado’s feat can ever be repeated....

Comment

• Without wishing to re-light old fires I found a bet I placed on Sky RABs, no idea when I did it nor whether it’s still there but 100/1 Easysland to win Cross Country, Envoi Allen and Malone Road to win any race.
                    I think the mindset must have been that having missed out on the MR/EA jackpot last festival I couldn’t risk it happening and me not being on.
                    I reckon the Easysland and Envoi double is currently around 7/1 so that makes Malone Road in the 13/1 to win any race.
                    I have no idea what price he is in the any race market but you need to allow for the fact you can’t play any race multiples any more (bar the odd very restrictive exception).
                    Does this make the bet value ?

Edit - bet still there 100/1
                    Last edited by Istabraq; 12 August 2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Cant imagine your face when the two Elliott runners hose up and Easyland wins the Gold cup ;-)

Comment

• Quite odd you've just commented billymag Literally was just ploughing through the Supreme thread of 2019 (was looking for something completely unrelated) and found this from you:

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                        On a slightly separate note I read Paul Fergusons book and Jamie Codd comments about Malone Road in there (worryingly for a Supreme backer)

"Like the same owners' Envoi Allen, it actually wouldnt surprise me if he turned into a ballymore horse too."
                        I see quite a few are keen on him for the Supreme on here, but always worth noting Codds comments. I don't think it be so ludicrous to suggest he was possibly held back (I know it was through supposed injury) last season so Envoi could take up his Ballymore engagement? Same owner/trainer combination, two really impressive horses, you wouldn't want them against each other, surely?

33/1 still for the Ballymore, where the money seems to have come for the Supreme, but that is incredibly early money, earlier than usual I believe.

Anyway, back to what I was initially looking for

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                          Quite odd you've just commented billymag Literally was just ploughing through the Supreme thread of 2019 (was looking for something completely unrelated) and found this from you:

I see quite a few are keen on him for the Supreme on here, but always worth noting Codds comments. I don't think it be so ludicrous to suggest he was possibly held back (I know it was through supposed injury) last season so Envoi could take up his Ballymore engagement? Same owner/trainer combination, two really impressive horses, you wouldn't want them against each other, surely?

33/1 still for the Ballymore, where the money seems to have come for the Supreme, but that is incredibly early money, earlier than usual I believe.

Anyway, back to what I was initially looking for
                          Ruby also tipped him up early last season for the Ballymore and Envoi for the Albert !
                          Last edited by Lobos; 12 August 2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• With Malone Road seemingly near to his hurdles debut - surely this increases the likelihood of Sir Gerhard going down the bumper route.

Of course Malone road will probably catch a cold before the start of the season and be out for a year, but I would imagine the current thinking is Sir Gerhard to the Champion Bumper.

A fit MR would mean they have him, Ballyadam, Ferny Hollow and Rose of Arcadia to go to war with over hurdles, so it would make sense (to me anyway) to keep Sir G back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                              With Malone Road seemingly near to his hurdles debut - surely this increases the likelihood of Sir Gerhard going down the bumper route.

Of course Malone road will probably catch a cold before the start of the season and be out for a year, but I would imagine the current thinking is Sir Gerhard to the Champion Bumper.

A fit MR would mean they have him, Ballyadam, Ferny Hollow and Rose of Arcadia to go to war with over hurdles, so it would make sense (to me anyway) to keep Sir G back.
                              Just have to wait and see how it pans out. Odds on that at least 2 that you mentioned will not even make it to the fez.Thats why I play the TWAR market with all the novices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                                Ruby also tipped him up early last season for the Ballymore and Envoi for the Albert !
                                Ruby was/is associated with a completely different yard, so what he said would have no bearing for me anyway.

On the flip side though, someone else who is part of the Elliott team in Keith Donoghue, did pass comment that he believed Malone Road was quicker than Envoi Allen and alluded to the fact he'd be more suited to the Supreme with Envoi for the Ballymore. That was later on in the year though, I'd imagine after they had done pieces of work.

Comment

Working...
                                X