Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OverTheLast View Post
    The grandstand if his jumping this year was anything to take note off
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Haha - really made me laugh OTL.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
        Where do you think Asterion Forlonge will end up if he ever visits Cheltenham again??
        dont quote me on this but im sure in the after race report mullins said he wont be bringing him here again? not 100% and dont know if theres an actual quote for it anywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Haha - really made me laugh OTL.
          it was awful performance, he did manage to stay in 4th at the end, but only after putting two out of the race, and hampering a lot more.
          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
            it was awful performance, he did manage to stay in 4th at the end, but only after putting two out of the race, and hampering a lot more.
            Not sure if ever seen a performance quite like it! He has the talent but unless they can sort out the jumping it's pointless coming back to Cheltenham.

Comment

:highly_amused:

Is a novice jumping out left something that can be worked on or is it bad habit that never really goes away in a horse? Asterion Forlonge does have a great engine but not sure if he has enough gas to compete at the main chase races, he may improve though??

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                Mullins has already said RSA for TBG
                Again I’ve missed that quote from Mullins. TBG is still half the price for the Marsh compared to the RSA

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                  Again I’ve missed that quote from Mullins. TBG is still half the price for the Marsh compared to the RSA
                  I don't get that if Envoi is meant to be going Marsh. Wouldn't back anything against him . Waste of good money.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                    dont quote me on this but im sure in the after race report mullins said he wont be bringing him here again? not 100% and dont know if theres an actual quote for it anywhere
                    I bloody hope not ! If he does I will be staying in the bar during the race. Safest place !

Comment

• I think that's right. He could well end up being the most talented of Willie's that go chasing this season, but may end up being confined to Aintree and Punchestown for the end of season Festivals. Let's face it he did all the hard work in the Supreme, and his jumping cost him lengths. If he'd jumped straight how close would he have been to Shishkin and Abracadabras?

There's definitely some money to be made from him, and if Willie can apply some gear that gets him jumping straight he'd be the forgotten horse He's one of those horses that'll have me hovering over the button in his first race this season.
                      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• N'Golo running today at Galway in decent Maiden. Takes on Risk Factor who finished 2nd to Appreciate It last season so a tough opponent. Could N'Golo be the Ricci Supreme horse this early in?? 25/1 TWAR .

Comment

N'Golo running today at Galway in decent Maiden. Takes on Risk Factor who finished 2nd to Appreciate It last season so a tough opponent. Could N'Golo be the Ricci Supreme horse this early in?? 25/1 TWAR .
                          I'd say you've got more chance of him being a Ballymore or Albert Bartlett type, myself, probably the latter, if I had to pick one at this stage. Same thoughts apply to Risk Factor also. So as much as the race is over 2 miles, I wouldn't necessarily expect either or to rock up over 2m at the festival, should they even make it of course.

TWAR negates the specific race concerns though.
                          Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 31 July 2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            I'd say you've got more chance of him being a Ballymore or Albert Bartlett type, myself, probably the latter, if I had to pick one at this stage. Same thoughts apply to Risk Factor also. So as much as the race is over 2 miles, I wouldn't necessarily expect either or to rock up over 2m at the festival, should they even make it of course.

TWAR negates the specific race concerns though.
                            Big swing in the betting today for the race. Risk Factor, who was 11/10 second fav last night, has been smashed into 8/15 this morning. No doubt he has form in the book on the back of his second to Appreciate It but N'Golo, 2/1 from evens, may have more potential. Intriguing race.

Comment

N'Golo running today at Galway in decent Maiden. Takes on Risk Factor who finished 2nd to Appreciate It last season so a tough opponent. Could N'Golo be the Ricci Supreme horse this early in?? 25/1 TWAR .
                              It would be rare for Willie to be running one of his main novice hurdlers at Galway but it's worth a watching brief.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                                It would be rare for Willie to be running one of his main novice hurdlers at Galway but it's worth a watching brief.
                                Might be too late then.

Comment

Working...
                                X