Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    ....33-1 with Hills, it’s actually a Sky RaB but incorrectly included in the NH RaB list @ 40-1. I think Archie is involved in the horse.
    As said elsewhere, TWAR definitely the way to go this far out.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
      As said elsewhere, TWAR definitely the way to go this far out.
      ....yep, I got onboard a while ago. Let’s hope his potential is realised.

Comment

Further nibbling at Ferny Hollow for the Supreme.. only 365 going bigger than 10s

Can anyone see him in Ballymore? My thinking is he has more speed for the Supreme and Chevely have Ballyadam for the Ballymore as does Mullins with Appreciate it.. at least that’s how I’m hoping it pans out
        Last edited by DeeBee; 28 June 2020, 07:24 PM. Reason: Sp

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBee View Post
          Further nibbling at Ferny Hollow for the Supreme.. only 365 going bigger than 10s

Can anyone see him in Ballymore? My thinking is he has more speed for the Supreme and Chevely have Ballyadam for the Ballymore as does Mullins with Appreciate it.. at least that’s how I’m hoping it pans out

He has a turn of foot, so it's not unfeasible he's a Ballymore horse. Especially when we get into the season and the pack has been shuffled and starts to sort itself.

Bumper winners are hard to pigeon-hole, as some are stayers, some are quick, some flop and some have had cracking careers.

I expect he's been cut so short because he's been the best backed, but that'll be because more people that don't usually back may have been backing (due to lack of racing until recently) and those types of people are more likely to be backing the horses they recognise.

I may not have explained that well but I'm almost 6 hours into drinking now as I watch the Royal Rumble from 1998 so it's a miracle I can type anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            He has a turn of foot, so it's not unfeasible he's a Ballymore horse. Especially when we get into the season and the pack has been shuffled and starts to sort itself.

Bumper winners are hard to pigeon-hole, as some are stayers, some are quick, some flop and some have had cracking careers.

I expect he's been cut so short because he's been the best backed, but that'll be because more people that don't usually back may have been backing (due to lack of racing until recently) and those types of people are more likely to be backing the horses they recognise.

I may not have explained that well but I'm almost 6 hours into drinking now as I watch the Royal Rumble from 1998 so it's a miracle I can type anything at all.
            Haha no you knocked the nail on the head and that was my thinking as well.. that it’s more household names so to speak which are attracting any sort of attention combined with the lack of betting in general

To be honest I probably fit into that catchment myself at the minute... I don’t normally have anything AP until about November.. hopefully some are alive still by then

I can’t recall too much on the 1998 rumble.. from memory that’s probably somewhere between the classics of hulk hogan, ultimate warrior etc and the attitude era coming into full force. Gotta be round about whEn DX came onto the scene though

Comment

Don't think it will be as big as the Envoi Allen saga, but will be a debate to some extent on where Ferny will end up. Market at minute suggests Supreme, and leaning there myself, but i wouldn't be that confident this far out!

Haha didn't think I would see a Royal Rumble match mentioned on here! Was well into the wrestling 90s and 00s, especially the attitude era. Had to Google the year, but was a classic, and a funny moment with Mick Foley entering the rumble with 3 of his gimmicks!

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBee View Post
                I can’t recall too much on the 1998 rumble.. from memory that’s probably somewhere between the classics of hulk hogan, ultimate warrior etc and the attitude era coming into full force. Gotta be round about whEn DX came onto the scene though
                Yeah, it's between those two, Bret Hart would have been one of the biggest starts up to 1997... it was "The Kliq" before DX. The Kliq was a backstage group in the World Wrestling Federation during the mid-1990s, composed of Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels, Triple H and X–Pac.

The first two left for WCW and DX was born not too long after

Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                Haha didn't think I would see a Royal Rumble match mentioned on here! Was well into the wrestling 90s and 00s, especially the attitude era. Had to Google the year, but was a classic, and a funny moment with Mick Foley entering the rumble with 3 of his gimmicks!
                Yeah same time I was in to it (as a kid, obviously) so it's nostalgic watching it back. My wife and I, got "back into it" as on our Honeymoon in USA, it was just 'on' and I caught her watching it, and we realised we both used to watch it and she was bang in to it, and now we watch it every week

Definitely our guilty pleasure, and it is genuinly the only thing I watch on TV that isn't sport, bar the odd film and Eurovision.

This post will definitely lose me some credibility on here.

Comment

Maybe we need an old school WWF thread

Haha absolute winner that your missus is a fan.. please tell me you’ve practiced a finishing move or 2 on her Kev!

Comment

What are everyones thoughts on Berkshire Royal chaps? I have quite a few question marks, but certainly interested in hearing other members' thoughts on him.

Second guessing WPM is obviously nigh on impossible, but he remains a novice, and obviously chucked in the Supreme with absolutely no prior hurdling race experience, and ran like it too.

Come from the flat, should we be expecting another Penhill job? Albert Bartlett? His flat racing profile puts him not far off Penhill in that respect. But hurdling is a whole different game altogether.

Am I only considering him because he is with WPM? Is that enough in itself?

I've had a friend request a price for the AB, with cash out, would be expecting 50's+ but may be tempted by 40's also.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      What are everyones thoughts on Berkshire Royal chaps? I have quite a few question marks, but certainly interested in hearing other members' thoughts on him.

Second guessing WPM is obviously nigh on impossible, but he remains a novice, and obviously chucked in the Supreme with absolutely no prior hurdling race experience, and ran like it too.

Come from the flat, should we be expecting another Penhill job? Albert Bartlett? His flat racing profile puts him not far off Penhill in that respect. But hurdling is a whole different game altogether.

Am I only considering him because he is with WPM? Is that enough in itself?

I've had a friend request a price for the AB, with cash out, would be expecting 50's+ but may be tempted by 40's also.
                      He was available at 100/1 on the day of the race despite being trained by Willie Mullins, which is enough for me to assume he no where near up to winning a festival race in his life time.

From memory, the owners have a link to the jockey that rode and that's the only reason he turned up, without a realistic chance.

Even at 50/1, I couldn't get excited... I just think he is miles down the pecking order

Comment

• What would happen with Conflated this year? Would he qualify for the novice races? He raced in a grade 1 & 2 novice hurdle but only placed 3rd at best. His current rating is 136 and missed last seasons festival through injury. He a decent horse, not good enough for the top table and I suspect a handicap plot next season but just wondering whether to back him in the TWAR market at 25/1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          He was available at 100/1 on the day of the race despite being trained by Willie Mullins, which is enough for me to assume he no where near up to winning a festival race in his life time.

From memory, the owners have a link to the jockey that rode and that's the only reason he turned up, without a realistic chance.

Even at 50/1, I couldn't get excited... I just think he is miles down the pecking order
                          IMO he was available at 100/1 because he was chucked in a Supreme first time out over hurdles (in a race), probably at a trip too short (given his flat runs).

I think the owner/jockey combination is correct, but not the only reason he turned up, otherwise why pay him to be trained by WPM, I'm sure there are cheaper options around to have a Supreme runner?

WPM plans further out than I think we realise, Patrick has alluded to this a few times in interviews also (will try and find at least one of them), so possible he has a plan?

On his flat form he could turn into a useful enough hurdler, in his own right, obviously being top level is another question altogether. I'm not sure where Penhill was in the pecking order at this stage, but he certainly wasn't aimed at a Supreme first time out, nor was another from the flat, in Nichols Canyon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            IMO he was available at 100/1 because he was chucked in a Supreme first time out over hurdles (in a race), probably at a trip too short (given his flat runs).

I think the owner/jockey combination is correct, but not the only reason he turned up, otherwise why pay him to be trained by WPM, I'm sure there are cheaper options around to have a Supreme runner?

WPM plans further out than I think we realise, Patrick has alluded to this a few times in interviews also (will try and find at least one of them), so possible he has a plan?

On his flat form he could turn into a useful enough hurdler, in his own right, obviously being top level is another question altogether. I'm not sure where Penhill was in the pecking order at this stage, but he certainly wasn't aimed at a Supreme first time out, nor was another from the flat, in Nichols Canyon.
                            Couldn't believe it when he rocked up in the Supreme first time over hurdles and nearly 2 years since his last flat run. Me and my mates just had to back him. Obviously things didn't go great but I will deffo keep an eye on his progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                              Couldn't believe it when he rocked up in the Supreme first time over hurdles and nearly 2 years since his last flat run. Me and my mates just had to back him. Obviously things didn't go great but I will deffo keep an eye on his progress.
                              TBF I think I used the cash back offer from Sky for him

Comment

• I seem to remember the jockey riding at Plumpton before the festival and he mentioned the fact that obviously they didn’t expect him to win etc etc in the supreme but was one for next year.

Sure it was on ATR.

Comment

Working...
                                X