Page 59 of 106 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Professional Fat Jockey jack1092's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Anyone see that nag in the bumper at listowel today?! Rediculous! 20/1 won by 40 lengths hands and heels
    I did yes. Disgraceful and they all deserve bans. To be honest though, if you look through the horses form it was pretty good.

Just watched Malone/N'golo race back. Looked like an absolute crawl. Only started racing proper 1/2 mile out , turned into a sprint with 3 of them finishing on top of each other. Couldn't take that form seriously as a really inadequate and false run race. Both deserve another chance.

Professional Fat Jockey Saxon Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobos View Post
    Just watched Malone/N'golo race back. Looked like an absolute crawl. Only started racing proper 1/2 mile out , turned into a sprint with 3 of them finishing on top of each other. Couldn't take that form seriously as a really inadequate and false run race. Both deserve another chance.
    The runner up was giving N’Golo and Malone Road 5lb too.

It’s solid late summer jumping form, but none of them looked like they are going to be Grade 1 winners at the Cheltenham Festival in any part of that race.

Maybe next time out one of them will show more, over a longer trip, or with a quicker pace.
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 24th September 2020 at 07:46 AM.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

It’s solid late summer jumping form, but none of them look like they are going to be Grade 1 winners at the Cheltenham Festival in any part of that race.

Maybe next time out one of them will show more, over a longer trip, or with a quicker pace.
    Potentially. Mullins has said N'Golo stays Very well so we could see him going up in trip next time.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Vautour's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaisleyPark View Post
    Just a thought ‘One Jump Ahead’ was published today maybe there is news in there...
    Published but not sent out so very doubtful it would have anything to do with that

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

It’s solid late summer jumping form, but none of them look like they are going to be Grade 1 winners at the Cheltenham Festival in any part of that race.

Just seen that the maiden hurdle on the same card was run 2 1/2 seconds quicker with the winner carrying 7lbs more than N'Golo. Think that proves the race was run at a proper crawl.

Apprentice Fat Jockey (3lb claim) OscarWhisky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobos View Post
    Just seen that the maiden hurdle on the same card was run 2 1/2 seconds quicker with the winner carrying 7lbs more than N'Golo. Think that proves the race was run at a proper crawl.
    The race was slow, that’s indisputable. But don’t you think that just adds to the disappointment? This was a novice race, not a graded one, wouldn’t you expect a top horse with a confident pilot aboard to take advantage of the pace and merely apply more throttle? I suspect they’re still treating him in part with kid gloves... and therein lies one issue.

Let’s look at the facts. He’s injury prone. He’s appeared in two races in late August and mid September (traditionally weaker). He’s jumped poorly in both. He hasn’t appeared to travel in either race like a horse with a tonne in hand (halfway round yesterday he was encouraged along despite the slow pace) and he’s fragile to the point where a jockey may be reluctant to apply any real proper pressure.
    Perhaps a step up in trip might help with all the above? Who knows. After yesterday we can only guess.

I was as excited as anyone two years ago. Indeed I’d have hoped the Malone Road of then might have won yesterday’s race with me on board! I backed him for the 2019 festival, the 2020 festival and yes, I had a speculative punt on the 2021 festival too. (Sometimes the heart rules the head!). We can all dream, we all do dream. But there comes a moment when one needs to wake up when faced with stark reality. I was roused from my dream midway through the race yesterday, when I realised Malone Road was nothing like I remembered. Two promising runs in mere bumpers seem like a long long time ago.

Chin(s) up, let’s move on. Will be interesting if he pops up in a handicap, indeed I’d love for the above to be proved wrong. But I’m not going to waste another minute wondering if he’s the horse I thought/hoped he would be.
    Last edited by OscarWhisky; 24th September 2020 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OscarWhisky View Post
    The race was slow, that’s indisputable. But don’t you think that just adds to the disappointment? This was a novice race, not a graded one, wouldn’t you expect a top horse with a confident pilot aboard to take advantage of the pace and merely apply more throttle? I suspect they’re still treating him in part with kid gloves... and therein lies one issue.

Let’s look at the facts. He’s injury prone. He’s appeared in two races in late August and mid September (traditionally weaker). He’s jumped poorly in both. He hasn’t appeared to travel in either race like a horse with a tonne in hand (halfway round yesterday he was encouraged along despite the slow pace) and he’s fragile to the point where a jockey may be reluctant to apply any real proper pressure.
    Perhaps a step up in trip might help with all the above? Who knows. After yesterday we can only guess.

I was as excited as anyone two years ago. Indeed I’d have hoped the Malone Road of then might have won yesterday’s race with me on board! I backed him for the 2019 festival, the 2020 festival and yes, I had a speculative punt on the 2021 festival too. (Sometimes the heart rules the head!). We can all dream, we all do dream. But there comes a moment when one needs to wake up when faced with stark reality. I was roused from my dream midway through the race yesterday, when I realised Malone Road was nothing like I remembered. Two promising runs in mere bumpers seem like a long long time ago.

Chin(s) up, let’s move on. Will be interesting if he pops up in a handicap, indeed I’d love for the above to be proved wrong. But I’m not going to waste another minute wondering if he’s the horse I thought/hoped he would be.
    Good points. I'm more interested in N'Golo now!

Professional Fat Jockey The King Pimm's Avatar
    Top post Oscar, I agree and empathise with nearly all of your post.

Professional Fat Jockey Saxon Warrior's Avatar
    The strange PP/BFR move to put Ballyadam out to 33/1 in the Ballymore market, is now back in kilter with the rest of the market at 20/1.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".