Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    With the exception of Jamie Codd saying he's the quickest horse he's ridden There doesn't seem to be as much hype regarding him as there was the other two, IMO.
    'No secret that we've always like this horse a lot'....... Gordon on Ballyadam. Glowing praise from the Big Man me thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
      The actual quote was "could be the best" I've ridden

https://www.irishracing.com/news?hea...ng&prid=207917
      'Could be the best I've EVER ridden'. Move over Envoi.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
        The actual quote was "could be the best" I've ridden

https://www.irishracing.com/news?hea...ng&prid=207917
        As others have eluded to blindly following jockey/trainer praise is normally a quick way to the poor course, but I do think the fact he said this days after having won on EA at Cheltenham is telling.

Comment

• Could we ever see the 2 (FH and Ballyadam) run against each other pre Cheltenham to see who might be the best 2 Miller for example? In order to potentially split them?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeeBee View Post
            Could we ever see the 2 (FH and Ballyadam) run against each other pre Cheltenham to see who might be the best 2 Miller for example? In order to potentially split them?
            Maybe. Any talk of CPS wanting to split them is IMO rubbish as I don't think they give a shit. The bloke who overseas their operations wasn't even at Cheltenham for EA because it was the middle of flat breeding season. I think they'll leave it down to Willie and Gordon. Who knows, they could potentially clash in the Royal Bond Novice Hurdle. We know Ballyadam starts over 2m, lets see what WPM says about Ferny

Comment

• Every year we seem to do the same thing, we think the Champion Bumper provides the Supreme winner or Ballymore winner when in fact the Bumper very seldom provides the winner of these races. My view for what its worth the two best Irish Bumper horses last year never went to Cheltenham i.e. Ballyadam and Bob Olinger. Gordon knows how good Bob Olinger is so maybe he doesn't want to take him on in the Ballymore, just my option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                Every year we seem to do the same thing, we think the Champion Bumper provides the Supreme winner or Ballymore winner when in fact the Bumper very seldom provides the winner of these races. My view for what its worth the two best Irish Bumper horses last year never went to Cheltenham i.e. Ballyadam and Bob Olinger. Gordon knows how good Bob Olinger is so maybe he doesn't want to take him on in the Ballymore, just my option.
                How was ballyadam the best bumper horse? He lost his first one against a no mark

Comment

Every year we seem to do the same thing, we think the Champion Bumper provides the Supreme winner or Ballymore winner when in fact the Bumper very seldom provides the winner of these races. My view for what its worth the two best Irish Bumper horses last year never went to Cheltenham i.e. Ballyadam and Bob Olinger. Gordon knows how good Bob Olinger is so maybe he doesn't want to take him on in the Ballymore, just my option.
                  There's wide acknowledgement on here generally that bumper form seldom translates into winning novice hurdlers. Discussing how/where the bumper winner will be aimed doesn't negate that wider narrative.

Comment

You're forgetting the best of the lot in Erik bloodaxe

Comment

• Nh flat horses
                      123 ferny hollow
                      119 appreciate it
                      118+ easy as that
                      117 malone road
                      114 bigbadandbeautiful
                      114 eskylane
                      114 third time lucki
                      112 ask a honey bee
                      111 adrimel
                      111 queens brook
                      111 tupelo mississippi
                      110 israel champ
                      110 red rookie
                      109 eric bloodaxe
                      109 forged in fire
                      108 darling daughter
                      108 dewcup
                      107p bob olinger
                      107 risk factor
                      107 tactical move
                      107 the glancing queen
                      Last edited by JackieMoon33; 15 October 2020, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                        How was ballyadam the best bumper horse? He lost his first one against a no mark
                        Ferny hollow the best bumper horse at Cheltenham and even he got beaten not once but twice, just proves good horse get beaten all the time. I did say just my Opinion,

Comment

• This latest Ballyadam debate needs Archie....

Comment

• The Ballyadam lovin' is based on comments not form.

Jamie Codd and Gordon have been positive.

The form doesn't back up what they've said.

Essentially, until we see him hurdle it's a bit silly to get to effusive about him....but it's hard to snaffle value without taking a punt before a run....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              ....but it's hard to snaffle value without taking a punt before a run....
                              That's never been truer.

What price will Ballyadam be if he hoses up in a maiden hurdle? The chances are that he'll be single figures, unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                The Ballyadam lovin' is based on comments not form.

Jamie Codd and Gordon have been positive.

The form doesn't back up what they've said.

Essentially, until we see him hurdle it's a bit silly to get to effusive about him....but it's hard to snaffle value without taking a punt before a run....
                                Is it really taking a punt though? How many people on here would back these horses without the comfort blanket of a cash-out option?

Comment

Working...
                                X