Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with you both JM & FM.

As noted by FM though, they have a huge budget, so not sure they will be bothered as long as they have festival winners, be it the bumper or elsewhere.

Comment

I have been massively.impressed with Bob Olinger and love the form lines with Coqolino and Smurphy Enki, have backed Bob any race already as i genuinely think this horse.could be an absolute monster but i wanted to asl if anyone had any thoughts/views where he would go, generally 33s for the AB, Supreme and Ballymore.....although bet 365 have cut him to 20s for the supreme apparantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Goshen619 View Post
        I have been massively.impressed with Bob Olinger and love the form lines with Coqolino and Smurphy Enki, have backed Bob any race already as i genuinely think this horse.could be an absolute monster but i wanted to asl if anyone had any thoughts/views where he would go, generally 33s for the AB, Supreme and Ballymore.....although bet 365 have cut him to 20s for the supreme apparantly.
        Welcome to the forum.

I moved this post to this thread as Bob Olinger has been discussed here quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
          Ballyadam - Martin Pipe?
          Could be a great shout that. Sadly no Punchestown bumpers this year does make looking at the novice hurdlers for the coming season really tough for myself

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
            Could be a great shout that. Sadly no Punchestown bumpers this year does make looking at the novice hurdlers for the coming season really tough for myself
            Couldn't agree more, it's always a very good insight - and novice hurdles being where I play the most, it could be a tricky and cautious first few months to the season! Is it October yet?!

Comment

I don't suppose anyone (possibly JackieMoon/Scooby) knows who owns Gaillard Du Mesnil, in the Mullins yard, yet?

Looks a chase, as Pierre Boulard pointed out when purchased for WPM, but could well end up a decent hurdler in his own right. Backed him myself for the Supreme, but possibly need to have a re-think with a staying pedigree.
              Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 29 May 2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I think Ricci owns him.

Comment

Apart from Ballyadam who for some reason I backed outright for the Ballymore (can't remember why !) I've backed 6 other soon to be novice hurdlers all TWAR. Done the same with the novice chasers (Appreciate It aside)! Just can't be assed guessing what races they'll turn up in. Thankfully did them all early doors so have decent prices. I'll probably top up as we move through the season.

Comment

Originally posted by OverTheLast View Post
                    I think Ricci owns him.
                    Cheers OTL

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      I don't suppose anyone (possibly JackieMoon/Scooby) knows who owns Gaillard Du Mesnil, in the Mullins yard, yet?

Looks a chase, as Pierre Boulard pointed out when purchased for WPM, but could well end up a decent hurdler in his own right. Backed him myself for the Supreme, but possibly need to have a re-think with a staying pedigree.
                      My initial thoughts

21/04/2020
                      Gaillard Du Mesnil - Willie Mullins - Supreme Novices Hurdle
                      Purchased by the Dream Team of Willie Mullins, Pierre Boulard and Harold Kirk for €250K in November 2019. He looks like the typical French recruit where Willie gives them a year to settle in before they hit the track.

He was previously trained by Isabelle Gallorini who has been responsible for starting the careers of Benie Des Dieux and Klassical Dream.

Form figure of 6-2-1-2-2-2 which includes a Grade 2 and 3 AQPS flat race on his last two starts. The form of his penultimate start in the Grade 2 AQPS race has been franked nicely enough.

He has a proper NH pedigree being by Saint Des Saints out of an Al Namix mare. Saint Des Saints would normally produce horses over further but the dam side should balance this out and provide the necessary speed for a tilt at the Supreme.

Comment

Yeah, I read them earlier today Jackie as I remember you putting him up real early. Just trying to find out whose ownership he is under

Comment

Yeah, I read them earlier today Jackie as I remember you putting him up real early. Just trying to find out whose ownership he is under
                          I wouldn’t worry about that too much nor your Supreme bet. For that price it will only be one of a few big hitters in the yard and given the team involved in the purchase, Ricci is the likely candidate as some one mentioned. I’ve not seen anything official nor can I find anything on tinternet.

Comment

Not that it matters as colours don’t make the horse run any faster, but I think it’s Joe Donnelly who is the owner...

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              Not that it matters as colours don’t make the horse run any faster, but I think it’s Joe Donnelly who is the owner...

https://www.hri-ras.ie/Calendar/2005...Supplement.pdf
                              Very interesting. Deffo TWAR horse in my book. Currently 25/1
                              Last edited by Lobos; 29 May 2020, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

https://www.hri-ras.ie/Calendar/2005...Supplement.pdf
                                Cheers Jackie.

Of course, as you've said, the colours don't make the horse run faster, they just ease my curiosity

Comment

Working...
                                X