Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

"Andthey'reoff"- New horse racing podcast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Andthey'reoff"- New horse racing podcast.

Hi guys,

Kev gave me permission to post this.

A couple of friends and I have started a brand new podcast that is looking at all things horse racing. As lifelong racing fans we have come together to provide our thoughts around all things racing. Now I've been a lurker and then finally a poster long enough on Fatjockey to know that the level of knowledge on this forum is second to none so while we admittedly do not have the level of experience some will have on here we hope that we can provide some interesting material for you. A bit of background from us, Some of us are currently involved in owning horses ourselves as well as one of us being involved with Horse Racing Ireland.

We would massively appreciate it if you would give our podcast a listen and provide any feedback you have along with any topics you would like us to cover on future podcasts. What you like from a podcast and what you don't. Below is the first episode of the podcast:

Listen to And They're Off - Racing Podcast | SoundCloud is an audio platform that lets you listen to what you love and share the sounds you create.

And Below is the link to a couple of our social media pages.

And They're Off - Racing Podcast. 175 likes. Podcast - discussing all things horseracing

Thanks guys,

Craig
    -"Andthey'reoff" racing podcast.

Excellent Eireman - I'll give it a listen tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Excellent Eireman - I'll give it a listen tomorrow
      Cheers mate. Any thoughts, good or bad are welcome. First time every doing anything like this so think it will naturally improve as well as we all get a little more comfortable and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Eireman View Post
        Cheers mate. Any thoughts, good or bad are welcome. First time every doing anything like this so think it will naturally improve as well as we all get a little more comfortable and experience.
        Hi Craig, I listened this morning and really enjoyed it.

Already looking forward to episode 2!

Comment

Listened last night. Was good mate.
          After you have reviewed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday you could maybe do one on Dark Horses for next year. Something like next years novice hurdlers coming through and horses that look overpriced for small trainers that might get overlooked. Just a thought. Keep up the good work.

Comment

You two need to pick a profile picture please...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              You two need to pick a profile picture please...
              [url] https://www.gettyimages.ae/detail/news-photo/jockey-nick-scholfield-on-salubrious-compete-in-the-news-photo/679306868
              Last edited by Kevloaf; 24 April 2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Hi Craig, I listened this morning and really enjoyed it.

Already looking forward to episode 2!
                Thank you mate. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
                  Listened last night. Was good mate.
                  After you have reviewed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday you could maybe do one on Dark Horses for next year. Something like next years novice hurdlers coming through and horses that look overpriced for small trainers that might get overlooked. Just a thought. Keep up the good work.
                  Yeah that is the plan mate. Finish off reviewing Cheltenham and then do an antepost selection episode.
                  Thank you for the listening.

Comment

Episode 3 is now available to listen guys. Looking at our antepost fancies for next years Cheltenham festival. As always thoughts and suggestions on it are welcome.

Comment

Episode 3 is now available to listen guys. Looking at our antepost fancies for next years Cheltenham festival. As always thoughts and suggestions on it are welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/user-60657008...ost-selections
                      Hi Craig - I've listened to all four episodes.

Keep them going - I may have been persuaded to back one or two from the ante post podcast

Comment

Hi Craig - I've listened to all four episodes.

Keep them going - I may have been persuaded to back one or two from the ante post podcast
                        Cheers mate. We used the time off the get comfortable talking and a bit of experience and that. The two guys are individually connected with both of the big yards in different ways so I think the real good stuff will come from them when racing returns.

As always though we want this to be a racing podcast for racing people so are happy to take on any recommendations or suggestions people have that any three of us could work on we are happy to hear that because if we aren't aware of it then we cannot change it.

Comment

I use an podcast app called Podcast, it's Android. Is there any chance you can put it on there?

I honestly have nothing to add. Think it's good craic and I'd much rather listen to you guys than the FFP these days.

Comment

Latest episode below lads. We have each looked deeply into the card at Newcastle tomorrow and provided who we fancy for each race.

Comment

Working...
                            X