Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2021 Forum Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    October Yankee:

Sir Gerhard - Champion Bumper @ 6/1
    Galvin - National Hunt Chase @ 6/1
    Shewearsitwell - Mares Novice @ 6/1
    Ballyadam - Supreme @ 10/1

Best odds - Bet365, Paddy Power, Skybet
    Odds - 3772/1
    I’ve already backed this in the last few days.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

October Yankee:

Odds - 3772/1
      That looks really good MoM but I'm greedy. Added Ferny Hollow in the Ballymore and Appreciate It for the potato race (I think this is what may happen if Ballyadam goes Supreme, a related bet).

Turned it into a Heinz without the doubles, so it's a Heinz 42.

Comment

15 varieties gone, poof just like that

Comment

October Yankee:

Odds - 3772/1
          Love it MoM

Comment

Not sure where to write this but......

Willie Mullins to be top trainer at Cheltenham festival - 5/4
            Gordon Elliott to be top trainer at Cheltenham festival - 6/4

.......................or.....................

Willie Mullins to train 4 or more winners at the Cheltenham festival - 1/8
            Gordon Elliott to train 4 or more winners at the Cheltenham festival - 4/6

Discuss!!

Because I believe that 4/6 could be the best price available for any current bet on the festival.

Comment

Originally posted by EnvoyAllen View Post

Discuss!!

Because I believe that 4/6 could be the best price available for any current bet on the festival.
              Gordon looks like he could have a wide spread across the Grade 1s this season as well as no doubt being the go-to handicap King.
              I would think he should be equally priced c/w Willie Mullins on 4-winners or more.
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

I think ComplyOrDie has stumbled on a good option for those who have it...

The April yankee can be cashed for 100%

If Gypsy Island wasn't in the stable tour, that doesn't look good given the time off she's already had (certainly not value anyway!), and Fakir D'Oudaries doesn't look a QMCC horse based on that last run....he's out to 50/1 in a place.

You're left with Monkfish that has shortened 3 pts without running and Thyme Hill 2pts....to 12/1

Personally, I already have those two backed in a double anyway, so holding on to the yankee doesn't seem worthwhile at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by EnvoyAllen View Post

Discuss!!

Not something I would bet on but without doubt it is incredible value.

Comment

The May super yankee looks OK.
                    Genius decision from MoM....

Comment

Haha yeah was just checking thru my bets and that May yankee is looking pretty tasty at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                        The May super yankee looks OK.
                        Genius decision from MoM....
                        Didn’t take much picking from myself tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Star Of A Gunner View Post
                          Haha yeah was just checking thru my bets and that May yankee is looking pretty tasty at the mo.
                          Great bet. In fairness, anyone not on yet could still back it and get half decent odds that will likely still look fantastic value compared to what they'll be in March.

Comment

November added

Comment

9 Yankees down and I thought I’d have a proper look at the Yankees so far.

I’d have them like this at this stage (out of 10):

March - 5/10 - Not a good opening month. Perhaps the 62/1 Chacun & Paisley Park double will come to the rescue. That double is into 34/1 biggest price so is at least value. Pic D’Orhy has very little chance even if turning up in the Arkle and Toppfthegame is out for the season. As decent as the double looks, the two non runners make this a 5/10 month in my view.

April - 8/10 - I’ve given this an 8/10 purely for the 164/1 Monkfish & Thyme Hill double that’s now 26/1 biggest price. That double looks very tasty. The other two in it are likely non runners in Fakir Doudaries (Champion Chase) and Gypsy Island (MNH). The latter is missing from stable tours so suggests she’s injured. Even so, the double being 6 times shorter than we backed it at and both being the race favs at this stage makes this a 8/10.

May - 10/10 - All five in the super Yankee of ‘bankers’ have shortened dramatically. The five are Epatante, Shishkin, Easysland, Envoi and Al Boum Photo. The 2886/1 for the 5-fold we have here is into 334/1 best price. Let’s face it, having the five bankers at 8 times bigger than they are right now is an excellent position to be in. The five winning is a very real possibility if they all avoid injury and get there in one piece. The treble of Epatante, Shiskin and Envoi has also shortened into 16/1 best price. We have that treble in this super yankee at a whopping 136/1. There’s no two ways to put it.. this bet is incredibly exciting.

June - 3/10 - Not a good bet. Got Honeysuckle’s and Benie’s race targets the wrong way round it seems and Queens Brook hasn’t done anything to make me think she will win the MNH. The only reason it’s not a 1/10 here is that PTKO has at least shortened to half the price we have her at. Still.. this is a poor bet.

July - 7/10 - I like this bet because it’s with Bet365 who were best price so is giving a decent enough cashout opportunity at this stage. Obviously.. we should not even consider cashing it for many months yet (even if we do eventually go that way). Felix Desjy has shortened dramatically from 40/1 into 14s and Envoi has gone 3/1 into 5/4. Two good market moves with genuine chances elsewhere in the bet with Abacadabras and Ballyadam. Unfortunately, the bet can only be a 7/10 at this stage because Ballyadam seems much more likely for the Supreme than the Ballymore. Good position to sit on through the winter though, with plenty of opportunity for the situation to change.

August - 5/10 - Not really a fan of this one either. Aramon is out injured (although a fair few of us did cashout and replace with Saint Roi at 20/1 but I won’t include that for the purpose of this) whilst Elixir Dainay is missing and Melon is never one for a win bet. The Yankee is each way though which is why he’s in. The other horse was Monkfish who has obviously shortened from the 10/1 to the current price of 7/2. Its ok but not really one I’m particularly excited for in any way.

September - 8/10 - This one I’m hopeful for. Saint Roi at 20s looks tasty, Latest Exhibition at 14s is ok for the purpose of this, Defi looks more likely to run in the Ryanair now as we want and Minella Indo at 14/1 looks a genuinely good chance in the Gold Cup. They’re all aiming for the right races you’d think now which is half the battle. We shall see with this one..

October - 7/10 - For a bet that has only been active a month, this looks alright too. Galvin, Ballyadam and Sir Gerhard have shortened very slightly whilst Shewearsitwell may have a slight injury but certainly isn’t out for the season so has a fair chance.

November - 7/10 - Can’t really give this anything but a standard 7 since it’s only an hour old.

Overall, I’m happy with that. Two I quite like and one I can’t help but absolutely love. We shall see what happens.. roll on March!
                              Last edited by Middle_Of_March; 2 December 2020, 04:43 AM.

Comment

December Yankee 1 added troops

Merry Christmas to everyone and thanks for all your nominations and good discussion this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X