Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Joined the Kildisart charge

Apprentice Fat Jockey (7lb claim) Captain Chris's Avatar
    Oh go on then... Kildisart it is. Any horse that can win with Daryl on his back can be marked up a fair few pounds. Virtual Nico to steer him home!

Unfortunately hit the wrong button on skybet and used up a free bet on him too

Professional Fat Jockey The King Pimm's Avatar
    Itís strange there have been no movements on the odds today on B365, I thought there would maybe be some odds shortening. Iíve gone from planning not having a bet on this Virtual Race to betting on it and backing 2, then 3....and Iím now up to 6 horses. I have a dreadful record in the Grand National but my final
    selections (he says!!) Iíve gone single bets on:

Walk in the Mill
    Kimberlite Candy
    Kildisart
    Ballyoptic
    Anibale Fly
    Acappella Bourgeoisie

Good luck all

Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    Max bet £10 per punter so liabilities massively reduced, I doubt any odds will change...

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) nortonscoin200's Avatar
    I read somewhere that all the bookies agreed not to change the odds till the day of the virtual race.

Unibet had slashed Kimberlite Candy to 8-1 and cut Definitely Red to 12s when I looked on Oddschecker at 7.30 today but I see they have now restored the original prices.

I've just added Tiger Roll 2pts each way at 5-1 to my squad on the grounds that he is more likely to win than finish outside the first five.

If the Tiger wins he will pay for all my bets (1pt each way, Kimberlite Candy, Kildisart, Magic of Light and Walk in the Mill).

If he is placed I'm no worse off.

And if he is unplaced I'm probably stuffed unless one of the others wins or Kildisart gets placed.

Good lucky everyone.

PS: Newsboy in the Mirror has 5 selections: 1 Kimberlite Candy 2 Tiger Roll 3 KILDISART (I am not alone!) 4 Any Second Now 5 Definitely Red
    Last edited by nortonscoin200; 4th April 2020 at 06:57 AM.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Coneygme's Avatar
    Little bit of rain overnight. Going officially good to Microsoft.

Professional Fat Jockey (and self-proclaimed Voice of Reason) Quevega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The King Pimm View Post
    It’s strange there have been no movements on the odds today on B365, I thought there would maybe be some odds shortening. I’ve gone from planning not having a bet on this Virtual Race to betting on it and backing 2, then 3....and I’m now up to 6 horses. I have a dreadful record in the Grand National but my final
    selections (he says!!) I’ve gone single bets on:

Walk in the Mill
    Kimberlite Candy
    Kildisart
    Ballyoptic
    Anibale Fly
    Acappella Bourgeoisie

Good luck all
    Pretty sure they are all offering same terms by agreement, and the odds are the SP's. So they won't change.
    However, it will be interesting if one or two of the smaller bookmakers suspend betting at some point, if they get suspicious.

And Folski - the Four miler previous season is the strongest stat for sure, but also makes the computer model look a bit shit. If Le Breuil or the second horse Discorama had been left in this then they would have been favourite for sure (in my book). But I think only OK Corral is running, and he PU.

On the four miler stat, it does make Potters Corner (midlands national 2019) more interesting, and I'll have a little bet on that I reckon

Potters Corner 1pt ew

Edit - Based on subsequent information provided in this thread, this horse should have made the shortlist.
    Last edited by Quevega; 4th April 2020 at 08:50 AM.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/virt...ormulas/430760

Racing posts effort at guessing the algorithims

Ballyoptic, Potters corner, Tiger Roll, Kimberlite candy.

Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    The most eagerly anticipated cartoon in history...

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    The most eagerly anticipated cartoon in history...
    I remember being quite excited to watch Fritz the Cat when I was a kid.

It will be amazing what the viewing figures will be this afternoon.
    And be interesting to see what the bookies take online.