Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Virtual Grand National 2020 - Tips inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone spot the virus where they thought Aso was Red Rum?

Comment

• I assumed that Aso was introduced on the second circuit to have got that far without the benefit of a horsebox.

Comment

• Potters Corner 18-1
        2. Walk In The Mill 16-1
        3. Any Second Now 10-1
        4. Tiger Roll 5-1
        5. Burrows Saint 12-1
        6. Pleasant Company 28-1
        7. Ballyoptic 25-1
        8. Kimberlite Candy 16-1
        9. Top Ville Ben 45-1
        10. Vintage Clouds 33-1
        11. Peregrine Run 66-1
        12. The Storyteller 40-1
        13. Talkischeap 25-1
        14. Dounikos 50-1
        15. Kildisart 50-1
        16. Alpha Des Obeaux 25-1
        17. Beware The Bear 33-1
        18. Anibale Fly 20-1
        19. Death Duty 50-1

Full finishing positions
        Looking at top 8
        We’d worked it out pretty well between us all

Comment

• So many trends were repeated today. We must remember them for next year.

The first 5 all won or finished second last time out - the importance of recent form highlighted by Q (sorry about Kildisart, I owe you a pint at the CF next year).

The first 5 again went off at 25-1 or less for the fourth successive year in the vgn as pointed out by Q - top price this time was 18-1.

3 of the first five had won chases over extreme distance as flagged up by Folski.

Potters Corner (Welsh and Midland Nationals), Tiger Roll (GN x 2), Burrows Saint (Irish National). Walk in the Mill had place form in last year's Grand National and although Any Second Now slightly bucked the trend he had won the Kim Muir last year.

The first 3 were all rated between 147 and 152 - in keeping with 10 of the last 16 placed horses in the 4 most recent real Grand Nationals. Bottom weight this time was 150.
          Last edited by nortonscoin200; 4 April 2020, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Q and NC for what was a pretty decent result!

Comment

• Safe to say Tiger would've won if he wasn't out twice in 15 minutes?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                Safe to say Tiger would've won if he wasn't out twice in 15 minutes?
                Lol
                I thought same
                Poor from Elliott that

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                  I assumed that Aso was introduced on the second circuit to have got that far without the benefit of a horsebox.
                  Hahaha exactly what I said to my dad.

Comment

• Ended up with the same 4 as the racing post. Disgusted it was capped at €12.50 ew as I was fairly sure I would be able to find the winner but a win and a place can't complain.

Comment

Working...
                    X