Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Virtual Grand National 2020 - Tips inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reference logic theory. The 2018 virtual had Chase The Spud as a close second. PU previous two runs, PU in the real event itself!

Comment

One thing I have picked up off the finishing line podcast is the liking of the horse having won or come second in it's last run. Most, but not all fit this trend in the virtual placings (I think 4 or 5 out of 6 each year). The good news is the shortlist were all first or second last time out, except Magic of Light whos was last in a hurdle race but won his last chase start. I've chucked Total Recall in as it has a lot in it's favour.

2pts ew Magic of Light
      2pt win Any Second Now
      1pt ew Walk in The Mill
      1pt ew Kimberlite Candy
      1pt ew Ballyoptic
      1pt ew Total Recall

Potential trend busters would be. That I'd be worried about under 25-1
      Ok Corral - Ran in four miler, which they appear to like but was PU, but also won last time, which also seems to be liked by the computer.
      Burrows Saint - aged 7 and woman jockey and won irish national and last time out?

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
        One thing I have picked up off the finishing line podcast is the liking of the horse having won or come second in it's last run. Most, but not all fit this trend in the virtual placings (I think 4 or 5 out of 6 each year). The good news is the shortlist were all first or second last time out, except Magic of Light whos was last in a hurdle race but won his last chase start. I've chucked Total Recall in as it has a lot in it's favour.

2pts ew Magic of Light
        2pt win Any Second Now
        1pt ew Walk in The Mill
        1pt ew Kimberlite Candy
        1pt ew Ballyoptic
        1pt ew Total Recall

Potential trend busters would be. That I'd be worried about under 25-1
        Ok Corral - Ran in four miler, which they appear to like but was PU, but also won last time, which also seems to be liked by the computer.
        Burrows Saint - aged 7 and woman jockey and won irish national and last time out?

Another very strong trend: The last chase won by ALL TWELVE horses to place 1 to 4 in the last 3 virtual grand nationals was over a distance of at least three miles.

That may sound like stating the bleeding obvious.

But this is either one hell of a coincidence or horses who won last time over shorter trips - maybe a GN prep - are being penalised by the computer.

If the trend continues tomorrow 14 horses in the field have no chance of making the first four .

They include four of the top seven in the betting - and (deep intake of breath) two on Q's shortlist!!

Here's the list who fail the 3-mile test:

Aso
        Peregrine Run
        Alpha Des Obeaux
        Magic of Light
        Burrow Saint
        Definitely Red
        Tout Est Permis
        Shattered Love
        Any Second Now
        Death Duty
        Ramses De Teillee (last win was 3-mile hurdle and last chase win was over 2m 71/2f on heavy at Chepstow carrying 11st 10lbs so leaving him out is just a tad harsh!)
        Valtor
        Saint Xavier (won 3m hurdle race, before that won chase over 2m 71/2 f at Auteuil).
        Warriors Tale

If you add the 3-mile trend to Q's discovery that the computer likes horses who have won or finished second last time out - you are left with only 11 possible winners.

They are:

Tiger Roll
        Total Recall
        The Storyteller
        Ballyoptic
        Ok Corral
        Jury Duty
        Acapella Bourgeois
        Potters Corner
        Kildisart
        Kimberlite Candy
        Walk in the Mill

Should you wish, you can go one step further to narrow the potential winners down even more: In the real Grand National 10 of the 16 placed horses in the last 4 years have run off a mark of between 147 and 152.

In tomorrow's virtual race just 5 horses qualify on all three of these virtual-real hybrid trends:

Acapella Bourgeois 33-1
        Potters Corner 18-1
        Kildisart 50-1
        Kimberlite Candy 16-1
        Walk in the Mill 16-1

I'd say this scenario certainly means a bold virtual show from KC and WITM is extremely likely.
        Last edited by nortonscoin200; 3 April 2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
          Another very strong trend: The last chase won by ALL TWELVE horses to place 1 to 4 in the last 3 virtual grand nationals was over a distance of at least three miles.

That may sound like stating the bleeding obvious.

But this is either one hell of a coincidence or horses who won last time over shorter trips - maybe a GN prep - are being penalised by the computer.

If the trend continues tomorrow 14 horses in the field have no chance of making the first four .

They include four of the top seven in the betting - and (deep intake of breath) two on Q's shortlist!!

Here's the list who fail the 3-mile test:

Aso
          Peregrine Run
          Alpha Des Obeaux
          Magic of Light
          Burrow Saint
          Definitely Red
          Tout Est Permis
          Shattered Love
          Any Second Now
          Death Duty
          Ramses De Teillee (last win was 3-mile hurdle and last chase win was over 2m 71/2f on heavy at Chepstow carrying 11st 10lbs so leaving him out is just a tad harsh!)
          Valtor
          Saint Xavier (won 3m hurdle race, before that won chase over 2m 71/2 f at Auteuil).
          Warriors Tale
          I think the staying trip form stat is a good call and they are unlikely to be able to factor in Plotted/target types that have prep runs over shorter or hurdles for example. This may go against some fancied types that have other ticks in boxes.
          Consistent form over a trip and winning last time may help some unfashionable types.

Comment

It is looking good for the two at the bottom now.
            Walk in the mill & Kimberlite candy have to go close.

Comment

It is looking good for the two at the bottom now.
              Walk in the mill & Kimberlite candy have to go close.
              Totally agree Q, reckon they are probably the two stand-out bets.

But ignore 50-1 Kildisart at your peril .....reckon he might sneak into the first five at least!!

Comment

Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
                Totally agree Q, reckon they are probably the two stand-out bets.

But ignore 50-1 Kildisart at your peril .....reckon he might sneak into the first five at least!!
                You've banged on it about that much, you've forced me into backing it.

Comment

There used to be a very strong trend that horses not only won over 3m+ but had also chalked up a victory with a value of £20k+ (this used to be higher), proving that only classy horses can win...

Comment

You've banged on it about that much, you've forced me into backing it.
                    Sorry, I've been like a broken record.

What I don't understand though is why they have priced him up at 50-1.

I totally accept your point that it's the computer that set the prices so it would be a bit odd if the same computer that made Kildisart one of the rags then allowed him to win.

But you would have thought he should be 25-1 tops as a horse in the right age bracket, at the right end of the handicap, as a 3m chase course winner and only being beaten a neck in the Ultima (often a good GN guide) giving away 11lbs to the winner

Had he been 25s am I wrong in thinking he may well have made your short-list?

Anyway, I promise to buy you a drink at the Cheltenham Festival next year if Kildisart doesn't make the frame.

Whatever the result it's been great fun having a horse racing puzzle to solve for the first time since the Festival.

Good luck with your bets.
                    Last edited by nortonscoin200; 3 April 2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

My bets are placed
                      Walk in the Mill
                      Ballyoptic
                      Kildisart (Norton’s, I’ll happily buy you 2 pints of over priced piss at next years Festival if he wins!!)

I‘m hoping that after the thrashing Britain took at this seasons festival the computer will factor in a bit of patriotic pride and make it a British winner to restore some credibility

Comment

Potters Corner won Saturday's Virtual Grand National ahead of Walk In The Mill while favourite Tiger Roll finished fourth.

Sporting Life's effort is almost identical, as myself and others have mentioned, Tiger Roll is even money to place.

Comment

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...s-guide/178852

Sporting Life's effort is almost identical, as myself and others have mentioned, Tiger Roll is even money to place.
                          and they used my virtual Paul Townend line.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                            and they used my virtual Paul Townend line.
                            Yes they have.
                            plagiariistic Journalistic lurkeristics

Comment

One of the five places will be Tiger Roll but he won't win. Do you really just want your money back?

If you want to win £11 for each £10 then you bet Walk In The Mill each-way. If there is any logic to the result then he is in the five.

Comment

Kildisart at 50-1
                                Magic of Light 18-1
                                Kimberlite Candy 16-1
                                Walk in the Mill 16-1
                                Backed each of them 1pt each way

Comment

Working...
                                X