Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Professional Fat Jockey billymag's Avatar
    To be fair we were still guessing a similar route with another of the owners horses till the final decs last year, encouraging signs for backers but after the Alloha entry last year I would be wary personally.

Professional Fat Jockey Saxon Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billymag View Post
    To be fair we were still guessing a similar route with another of the owners horses till the final decs last year, encouraging signs for backers but after the Alloha entry last year I would be wary personally.
    Agreed. Us Antepost backers often try to get one or two winners sorted out in our own minds as soon as each Festival finishes. If only life was that simple all the time.

Apprentice Fat Jockey (7lb claim) Might_Bite's Avatar
    Most places now go 3s on Envoi (MARSH), Sky 7/2 and apparently Unibet are the last with 4s
    Last edited by Might_Bite; 31st July 2020 at 08:58 PM.

Apprentice Fat Jockey (3lb claim) EnvoyAllen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Might_Bite View Post
    Most places now go 3s on Envoi (MARSH), Sky 7/2 and apparently Unibet are the last with 4s
    I couldn’t believe it 2 months ago when Paddy P was just about the last company offering 9/2 for EA in the Marsh, which i hoovered up pretty much every day. SkyBet at the time were the only one’s do be as short as 7/2.

Now look - that 7/2 hasn’t moved and is ya best bet!!

It’s always subjective - some will say the price is ridiculously short for a horse who hasn’t jumped a fence (disregarding his point to point success) and it’s still not sure which route he’ll go, others will look at his price as it stands 7 months out and consider to be a potential bargain ageinst the likely prohibitive odds on price he’ll likely go off on the day should he be fit and run in the race.

Always 2 sides to each and every coin.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyAllen View Post
    I couldn’t believe it 2 months ago when Paddy P was just about the last company offering 9/2 for EA in the Marsh, which i hoovered up pretty much every day. SkyBet at the time were the only one’s do be as short as 7/2.

Now look - that 7/2 hasn’t moved and is ya best bet!!

It’s always subjective - some will say the price is ridiculously short for a horse who hasn’t jumped a fence (disregarding his point to point success) and it’s still not sure which route he’ll go, others will look at his price as it stands 7 months out and consider to be a potential bargain ageinst the likely prohibitive odds on price he’ll likely go off on the day should he be fit and run in the race.

Always 2 sides to each and every coin.
    Still 5/2 to win either RSA or JLT

Apologies if somebody's already mentioned it.
    Just noticed Goshen out to 6-1 for the Champion Hurdle.
    Haven't looked at oddschecker for a while so might be old news.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post
    Apologies if somebody's already mentioned it.
    Just noticed Goshen out to 6-1 for the Champion Hurdle.
    Haven't looked at oddschecker for a while so might be old news.
    Think it's an error on oddschecker. Keeps jumping between 4/1 and 6/1 with Boyle sports.

Went into local William Hill shop yesterday and in shop Stayers Ante Post screen showed Thyme Hill at 16/1 and Sire Du Berlais at 20's. Clearly wrong ? but asked for the odds at counter and got them to sign slip.