Grand Annual:

Martin Pipe:

Any Race:

Fly Smart 27.63/1 E/W
    Laurina 27.63/1 E/W
    Annamix 27.63/1 E/W
    Easywork 17.03/1 E/W

Multiples:

Shishkin (Arkle), Honeysuckle (Mares) & Benie Des Dieux (Stayers) - 1pt E/W Trixie

RAB - Shishkin, Goshen & Easysland all any race 80/1

RAB - Shishkin, Epatante & Easysland all any race 60/1

RAB - Envoi Allen (any race), Goshen (CH) & Al Boum Photo (GC) 125/1

RAB - Envoi Allen, Shishkin & Chacun Pour Soi all to win any race 66/1

RAB - Goshen & Envoi Allen both to win any race 22/1

RAB - Shishkin (Arkle) & Envoi Allen (Any race) 20/1

RAB - Envoi Allen & Chacun Pour Soi both to win any race 14/1

RAB - Envoi Allen, Goshen & Topofthegame all to win any race 250/1 (Free Bet)

Staked: 62.7pts

P/L:
    Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 19th March 2020 at 02:03 PM.

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) ComplyOrDie's Avatar
    I have been pretty busy getting some early bets on, I was just under 75pts deep before August last year, and I have allowed myself the same sort of room for next season, possibly a little more, with the better than expected ROI from this years festival.

Will try and keep the diary up to date as best I can.

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) ComplyOrDie's Avatar
    I went a bit OTT on the RAB's

Got Hook Up added to the Mares Novice, as don't think she ran her true race in the Triumph, and looks as though it may be the same route Let's Dance went, albeit she showed up much better than Hook Up did in the Triumph. 50/1 is plenty fair enough IMO.

Lamarckise didn't turn up to the festival this season, but talk that she was a bit good at home, although a fair bit of work to get her ready. From her debut and breeding I'd suspect she'll need a trip, and would not be surprised to see her turn up in the Mares Hurdle next season before going chasing which I suspect will bring out more improvement. 50/1 (can be boosted) to find out is good enough for me.

Backed Goshen straight after he fell in the Triumph. Not a massive 5 year old fan for Champion Hurdles after a fairly lengthy campaign as a 4 year old, but I love this chap, I think he's a little special, and hope he gets the chance to prove it. Gary Moore has said the target in the Champion Hurdle, which is good enough for me.

Klassical Dream for the Arkle, he looked to jump his hurdles way too big LTO, and I don't think it was because of his infection that he had that resulted in him missing the festival. I had a wonder whether he'd been schooled over the bigger obstacles, which I duly noted down, ready for the market to go live, and backed accordingly. I have the option of cash out with this one.

Champ for the Gold Cup. His win in the RSA was reminiscent of Altior over 2m in the QMCC, once he got to the bottom of that hill he flew home. Obvious jumping concerns still, especially in a Gold Cup, but hopefully he can mature a bit by next season, and if in with a chance anywhere after the last I'd expect his engine to kick in and get him home in front.

Backed some 'any race' bets too, Fly Smart, in the hope he turns out to be the Ricci one next season, as Scooby pointed out, the form has worked out well, so just got to hope all is well and WPM does his magic and we see him next season. Laurina, bit of an impulse bet, 25/1 just seemed too big. I think she could end up in either of the Mares Hurdle or the Mares Chase, provided they sort out the bleeding, and she doesn't go off this big if she is entered in either, IMO. Annamix, was going to back in the Champion Chase, thinking he'd be bigger than the 40/1 on offer. I think he's a different animal over fences than he was over hurdles, as his breeding suggested he would be. Backed the 'any race' option in case he ends up down the handicap route somewhere, as doesn't work out quite as good as I expect him to be. Lastly, Easywork, can end up in any one of the three novice chase races, I suspect he'll be over either of the two shorter trips myself. Think he'll be a fantastic chaser in the future.
    Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 19th March 2020 at 02:39 PM.