Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival 2021 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Result for Gord - sold P2P winner Ginto for 470k to the Moran's to presumably stay in the yard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonjers View Post
      Result for Gord - sold P2P winner Ginto for 470k to the Moran's to presumably stay in the yard.
      Think his PTP was some 13 seconds quicker than any other that day. Certainly one to take note of

Comment

Result for Gord - sold P2P winner Ginto for 470k to the Moran's to presumably stay in the yard.
        He has also picked up Gringo d'Aubrelle.

Moran is investing some amount in the game lately - https://twitter.com/i/status/1322616248421830658

Comment

• HdB on Honeysuckle in todays RP:

"She’s not a mare that would take a huge amount of work so you wouldn’t be working her a lot at home. If she is in the same form as last year, we will start in the Hatton’s Grace and then probably go to the Irish Champion Hurdle and reassess everything after that.

"If things have gone well, she’ll get an entry for the Mares’ Hurdle and Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham."

On the prospect of Honeysuckle going chasing, the trainer added: "She has achieved so much over hurdles but, in fairness to her, most Sundays she loose-schools over a fence, so she’s keeping her eye in with it. Touch wood, she seems very good. We’ll see, but that could happen."

Also quotes on PTKO, Monalee, Minella Indo, APT and Chris's Dream:
          Honeysuckle, who is eight from eight in her stellar career, will put her unbeaten record on the line in the Grade 1 baroneracing.com Hatton's Grace... Read More

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorvik View Post
            HdB on Honeysuckle in todays RP:

"She’s not a mare that would take a huge amount of work so you wouldn’t be working her a lot at home. If she is in the same form as last year, we will start in the Hatton’s Grace and then probably go to the Irish Champion Hurdle and reassess everything after that.

"If things have gone well, she’ll get an entry for the Mares’ Hurdle and Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham."

On the prospect of Honeysuckle going chasing, the trainer added: "She has achieved so much over hurdles but, in fairness to her, most Sundays she loose-schools over a fence, so she’s keeping her eye in with it. Touch wood, she seems very good. We’ll see, but that could happen."

Also quotes on PTKO, Monalee, Minella Indo, APT and Chris's Dream:
            https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...ryhouse/458490
            No wonder Honeysuckle balloons her hurdles, like a chaser, if she is loose schooling over fences every Sunday.
            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

I had a look at the wins of the top two lots and I can only imagine they didn't pay 470,000 and 250,000 on the visual of those performances.

Comment

• The first minute is hilarious on Chacun
                Willie not knowing what his injury was and him talking of him missing the Ryanair last year and 'putting him into Ryanair Territory' this year.

Surely someone would have told him before posting it
                Last edited by Run4Home; 11 November 2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                  https://twitter.com/i/status/1326540190991716352

The first minute is hilarious on Chacun
                  Willie not knowing what his injury was and him talking of him missing the Ryanair last year and 'putting him into Ryanair Territory' this year.

- That's Willie for you, He hasn't been the same since he got hit with a potato thrown from the crowd at Punchestown !

I'd not seen the racing blogger video before either. Fucking priceless that one.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

- That's Willie for you, He hasn't been the same since he got hit with a potato thrown from the crowd at Punchestown !

I'd not seen the racing blogger video before either. Fucking priceless that one.

Cheers
                    How many more "targets" do you have Q

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/status/1326540190991716352

The first minute is hilarious on Chacun

It does highlight how trainer quotes can be often too heavily read in too!

I'm guilty of it too, as we all are, but someone somewhere will take that literally, and you almost can't blame them!

Comment

• https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...-column/186307

....Willie Mullins now has a column on Sporting Life website.

Comment

• Q. Could Santini be given an entry in the Grand National?

I would have thought the answer to that would possibly be ‘yes’

Q. Have you decided on any future plans for Dusart?

No, I haven’t. We are going to go very quietly. He’s come out of Newbury ok and we’ll just wander on quietly for the time being.

Q. Given you have two Unibet Champion Hurdle contenders in the same ownership, I assume one will go over to Leopardstown for the Irish Champion Hurdle?

Don’t forget that Buveur D’Air has miles to go and it’s very unlikely he’ll be seen before Christmas and Epatante will make her seasonal debut in the Fighting Fifth and then, all being well, the Christmas Hurdle. We won’t be rushing Buveur and something like the Contenders Hurdle at Sandown would be a possible starting point IF things go to plan up until then.

Q. Have you made plans for Chantry House’s Chase debut?

Not yet but everything is going very well and it would want to be over two and a half miles.

Q. How is Dickie Diver doing?

Waiting for some very, very, very soft ground. He has terrible knees so was forced to sit out last season but he’s got a lot of talent and if we can keep him sound, he could still be very exciting.

Q. What’s the plan for Flinteur Sacre?

He’s about a fortnight off a run and we’ll go somewhere nice and straightforward with him – places like Ascot, Newbury, Kempton but we won’t be jumping straight into graded company.

Q. When will we see Shishkin?

He’s two to three weeks off a run and we’ll be looking for a novice over two miles. Oh, actually! Kempton – on a Monday – 2m2f – the same race Altior won on his Chase debut.

Q. I was impressed with I Am Maximus winning his bumper at Cheltenham, how is he and what are the plans for him?

Very, very slowly catchy monkey with him. He’s a big raw horse who is actually on holiday now because that one run was enough for him for the time being and we’ll probably look at bringing him back for something around Christmas time. I wouldn’t think he’s a horse for the Champion Bumper but I like him a lot. We’ve got him and No Ordinary Joe who are two very good horses.

Q. When is the good ole boy Altior back?

We’re going the tried and tested route of starting off at Sandown in the Tingle Creek. He’ll go to Newbury on Tuesday for a gallop.

Q. When will Pipesmoker be making his seasonal return?

He had a bit of a hiccup and was lame before he was due to run at Cheltenham last month but he’s back cantering again now. It has delayed us, but don’t panic because he a good horse.

Q. What’s your favourite Brandy?

They don’t sponsor it anymore but you can’t beat good old Hennessy!

Q. Do you have any new ‘double green’ horses this year to mention?

We have a nice one called GIPSY DE CHOISEL who will be running in an Introductory Hurdle at Ascot next weekend. He’s won his only start in France and is very exciting.

Q. Hi Nicky, will Mister Coffey be kept hurdling this season and is the Betfair Hurdle the main target?

The trouble is, I have rather exposed him, but I had to because he’d only had two runs therefore couldn’t run in a class two or class one Hurdle until I had given him another run and I tried to find a small race somewhere but couldn’t find anything suitable so he went to Sandown and we all saw what he did there so, yes, something like the Betfair Hurdle would have to come into the equation now. Maybe you can come to the yard and do my race planning!

Q. I see you may have had a change of heart, re Champ for the King George. How is his jumping and have you ironed out the jumping to the left, which obviously wouldn’t suit Kempton?

May I say you have summed up the horse very well. He does jump to the left and yes I have ironed out his jumping to the left, well I’ve tried to anyway! He’s been to Henrietta Knight’s place to have some intense jump lessons which has hopefully done the trick but I don’t know If it has worked because we haven’t schooled him since he arrived back and we’ve also hobdayed him which meant he had a short time off for that. He is ONLY in the King George as a complete back stop because he’s much more likely to go to Ireland for the Savills Chase at Leopardstown if I can get him ready for that in time, but he’s only just back cantering now and there is only one day that matters and that’s Gold Cup day in March. It’s going to be difficult for him and Santini because neither are suited to Kempton but I rang up JP and said if for some reason we can’t go to Ireland we should put him in the King George purely as back up plan but at this stage we have absolutely no intention of running.

Comment

[Q. Do you have any new ‘double green’ horses this year to mention?

We have a nice one called GIPSY DE CHOISEL who will be running in an Introductory Hurdle at Ascot next weekend. He’s won his only start in France and is very exciting.
                            50/1 for the Supreme with the blog sponsors, 33/1 Ballymore.
                            Nicky has used the Introductory Hurdle in recent times for Cascova, Kayf Grace, Thomas Campbell, Kilcrea Vale, Clondaw Banker and Tradwinds, at which point I couldn't be bothered looking anymore.

Comment

50/1 for the Supreme with the blog sponsors, 33/1 Ballymore.
                              Nicky has used the Introductory Hurdle in recent times for Cascova, Kayf Grace, Thomas Campbell, Kilcrea Vale, Clondaw Banker and Tradwinds, at which point I couldn't be bothered looking anymore.
                              Quite powerful, the previous runners list. Every horse is an individual and should be judged by their own merit, but hardly a roll-call to get you weak at the knees.

Comment

at which point I couldn't be bothered looking anymore.
                                PMSL say it all really

Comment

Working...
                                X