Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival 2021 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    She’ll be 10 come March and 11 if the Gold Cup bid is the plan of attack.
    I’d struggle to back any 10/11 year old outside of the Foxhunters at the festival and these Mares can just fall out of love with the game and pull up stumps, there won’t have been many 11yo Mares in training in recent years.

Unfinished business in the Mares hurdle would be my guess at this stage...
    Agree regarding the 10 and 11 year old parts. Not happening at all, IMO.

Don't think she has unfinished business in the Mares Hurdle though, she's already won it, then fell, then her unfinished business was this season where she finished 2nd. Which is one reason why I came to the conclusion about the Stayers for her really. She'll not be getting quicker aged 10 that's for sure, but stays that 3m really well.

So difficult to be overly confident this far out, whatever anyone's beliefs though tbf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyno View Post
      I see Sky have faugheen to win the foxhunters at 9-1, what are everyone's thoughts on the chances of Willie sending him down that route would certainly interest me and I think 9-1 would be a fair price for surely what would be the class act in the race
      This would be interesting. He'd be wayyyyy too good IF he turned up there. Any sniff that he is going down that route and I'm getting involved for sure.

Comment

• Wouldn't his December Grade 1 win knock him out of being able to run in the Foxhunters 15 months later?
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Just a word of warning. I think Faugheen would be ineligible under existing race conditions, as he won the Grade 1 Flogas Chase at Leopardstown in Feb 2020.

'Note : Horses that have won a Class 1 or 2 contest in the 15 months prior to 1st January aren’t eligible to run in Hunter Chases in the UK'

This happened to Mighty Stowaway in 2020, as described below, so be warned if taking the early odds on Faugheen.

' The other Irish-trained horse to have caused a stir this seasotn won’t even be running in the race. Mighty Stowaway has won three of his four starts in point to points for Shark Hanlon and was purchased by Philip Reynolds prior to his latest one at Tinahely with Cheltenham in mind. However, Mighty Stowaway’s win in a handicap chase at Punchestown in November 2018 makes him ineligible for British hunter chases this season as this is the overseas equivalent of a class 2 and a horse can’t have won a class 2 chase within fifteen months of the start of the hunter chase season. Most bookmakers have correctly removed him from their antepost market but it would be helpful for the BHA to make an official announcement regarding Mighty Stowaway’s ineligibility so that all can take the correct course of action as he’s never been eligible to run in the race so all bets on him should be refunded accordingly'.
          Last edited by Nortons who; 14 June 2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Yeah fair points chaps, hadn't even considered this, always forget the qualifying criteria for the Foxhunters too, as largely a small event over the course of the festival for myself.

Comment

• Cheers for the replies lads, I too forgot about the qualifying criteria luckily hadn’t backed it

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyno View Post
                I see Sky have faugheen to win the foxhunters at 9-1, what are everyone's thoughts on the chances of Willie sending him down that route would certainly interest me and I think 9-1 would be a fair price for surely what would be the class act in the race
                Can't believe they'd do that to him. It would be an insult. Not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                  Agree regarding the 10 and 11 year old parts. Not happening at all, IMO.

Don't think she has unfinished business in the Mares Hurdle though, she's already won it, then fell, then her unfinished business was this season where she finished 2nd. Which is one reason why I came to the conclusion about the Stayers for her really. She'll not be getting quicker aged 10 that's for sure, but stays that 3m really well.

So difficult to be overly confident this far out, whatever anyone's beliefs though tbf.
                  Thought the same re the Mares for Benie this year. She didn't need to go for it again especially with Honey to beat. She'd have bolted up in the Stayers.

Comment

• Apologies if I have missed this already but haven’t seen anything in any of the threads, does anyone have any solid quotes regarding forged in fire for the coming season, I expect he is one of a few that Joseph O’Brien will excel with this season, hopefully...

Comment

• Originally posted by gjt7756 View Post
                      Apologies if I have missed this already but haven’t seen anything in any of the threads, does anyone have any solid quotes regarding forged in fire for the coming season, I expect he is one of a few that Joseph O’Brien will excel with this season, hopefully...
                      I've seen no quotes but I'd be surprised if he's not over 3m come the end of the season. Although he beat Ferny Hollow in his only start last season, he was flat to the boards a long way out and Ferny Hollow ducked the finish.

Comment

• Appreciate that JackieMoon33, just another one whilst I’m at is as I have little inside info on the Irish front, there is a horse called Hollow Games that absolutely sluiced up in a PTP and was subsequently sold for money well in to the 6 digits (£255,000) and went to Gordon Elliott, anyone heard any murmurings on this one? I suppose also I’ll ask about Tizzards purchases as well as he seemed to push the boat out on Killer Kane (£300,000) And Amarillo sky (280,000) not always the best starting point for festival winners is Tizzard but I feel he wants to turn that around now, seems to really grate on him that he has plenty of fancied ones going into the festival that frequently let down..

Comment

• Originally posted by gjt7756 View Post
                          Appreciate that JackieMoon33, just another one whilst I’m at is as I have little inside info on the Irish front, there is a horse called Hollow Games that absolutely sluiced up in a PTP and was subsequently sold for money well in to the 6 digits (£255,000) and went to Gordon Elliott, anyone heard any murmurings on this one? I suppose also I’ll ask about Tizzards purchases as well as he seemed to push the boat out on Killer Kane (£300,000) And Amarillo sky (280,000) not always the best starting point for festival winners is Tizzard but I feel he wants to turn that around now, seems to really grate on him that he has plenty of fancied ones going into the festival that frequently let down..
                          I backed (and got added) Hollow Games 'any race', also backed Killer Kane. Not heard too much since I backed the pair but it's so early on at the moment I wouldn't have expected to hear anything either.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            I backed (and got added) Hollow Games 'any race', also backed Killer Kane. Not heard too much since I backed the pair but it's so early on at the moment I wouldn't have expected to hear anything either.
                            Boher Cailin won the mares maiden on debut at Turtulla half an hour before Hollow Games victory. BH was 1 second slower carrying the same weight as HG.

But after viewing both races I thought she was equally if not more impressive.

She went under the hammer for £30,000 at the same Cheltenham sale where HG was knocked down for £255,000.

I'm not remotely trying to knock HG here because it's gonna be very interesting to see how he gets on with Gordon.

But anyone know where Boher Cailin has ended up. In my book she's one to keep an eye on too.

Here are the two race replays if you want to take a look. Hollow Games's time was the quickest of the day.

Boher Cailin:

Hollow Games:

Comment

• Videos wouldn't work for me Nortons, anyone else have the same issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
                                Boher Cailin won the mares maiden on debut at Turtulla half an hour before Hollow Games victory. BH was 1 second slower carrying the same weight as HG.

But after viewing both races I thought she was equally if not more impressive.

She went under the hammer for £30,000 at the same Cheltenham sale where HG was knocked down for £255,000.

I'm not remotely trying to knock HG here because it's gonna be very interesting to see how he gets on with Gordon.

But anyone know where Boher Cailin has ended up. In my book she's one to keep an eye on too.

Here are the two race replays if you want to take a look. Hollow Games's time was the quickest of the day.

Boher Cailin:

Hollow Games:

http://db.tattersalls.ie/4DCGI/Sale/Live?site=che
                                Wow, Colin Tizzard is having some big money horses sent his way again by the look of the big hitting sales from the link below. Clearly some owners think he has much more potential than he’s being delivering or his training fees are the lowest in the West Country??

Comment

Working...
                                X